why I own an Xbox One not a PC

#21soysauceman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 10:54:28 PM
.. why has no one even asked why I don't simply own a PS4? Is it that lame of a joke now after over a year of it that it is tiresome and we can all move on?
#22Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/8/2014 10:54:54 PM
Cows Go Hisssss posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
SparkItUp posted...
I agree with TC. I just need to buy the Xbox, a TV, a nice headset, an Ethernet cable, and the games. All I have to worry about is brightness and contrast. With a PC, I would have to buy all that plus graphics card, RAM, a tower, motherboard, soundcard, etc etc etc and it still wouldn't run the latest games at the Max settings. I would have to worry about resolution, frame rate, textures, antialiasing, shadows, etc etc etc.

I don't care about video games enough go spend my time with that crap. If someone does, good for them. Just don't rub it in our face because we don't give a rats ass.

While I agree with your sentiment, it's clear you do give a rats ass in that you seem to have your jimmies rustled.

PC gaming is like religion. It's cool you believe in it, its cool that you follow it, it's cool that you spend your time with it. We don't hate you for it. We can even see the good things about it too, for the people that are into that kinda stuff. But stop trying to shove it down our throats because its annoying as hell. Jeez loueez its like Jehovah's witnesses in here.

So why are you posting in a topic about PC/Xbox then?

Because I agree with TC. Why are you on the Xbox boards? Have you even owned an Xbox in your life?

I've owned them all, even own an Xbox One. I don't like it, but I didn't pay anything for it. I traded some old PC parts for it.

Xeeh You is my GT, now you can kindly go f*** off
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#23Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/8/2014 11:08:12 PM
Xeeh, I didn't know you were an XBRO just like the rest of us. Its okay to be a little angsty sometimes. We still love you.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#24BilliePilgrimPosted 8/8/2014 11:19:30 PM(edited)
I agree with TC. I just need to buy the Xbox, a TV, a nice headset, an Ethernet cable, and the games. All I have to worry about is brightness and contrast. With a PC, I would have to buy all that plus graphics card, RAM, a tower, motherboard, soundcard, etc etc etc and it still wouldn't run the latest games at the Max settings. I would have to worry about resolution, frame rate, textures, antialiasing, shadows, etc etc etc.

I don't care about video games enough go spend my time with that crap. If someone does, good for them. Just don't rub it in our face because we don't give a rats ass.

Set budget here:
http://www.logicalincrements.com
Use custom build site like:
http://www.ecollegepc.com
Never worry about settings
http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience

Not caring isn't even an excuse. PC gaming can be just as much a cruise control experience as playing on a console.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.2| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#25slowdog76Posted 8/8/2014 11:37:05 PM
im with TC on this one.

we dont disagree that it may not be difficult to work out what to do. we are not saying that the whole thing is beyond us. we are saying that we dont want to learn. we dont want to put the effort in to putting it all together and what not. we want a closed platform because, aside from putting a disc in the tray, there is no effort on our part.

you cant knock people for having no real knowledge on it all. it would be like me mocking you for having no knowledge about the bus service in my local town. if you dont want to know, then it doesnt matter. it doesnt make you a lesser human being.

see, take billie's sig as a prime example. to me, you have just slapped your keyboard around for a bit. i understand almost none of it (ddr3 being the exception). its cool that you like all that and you are proud of it, but to me, all that looks complicated. because my equivalent of your sig would read:

xbox one

and that would be that. and that, to me, is much more preferable
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#26SparkItUpPosted 8/8/2014 11:38:50 PM
SparkItUp posted...

While I agree with your sentiment, it's clear you do give a rats ass in that you seem to have your jimmies rustled.

PC gaming is like religion. It's cool you believe in it, its cool that you follow it, it's cool that you spend your time with it. We don't hate you for it. We can even see the good things about it too, for the people that are into that kinda stuff. But stop trying to shove it down our throats because its annoying as hell. Jeez loueez its like Jehovah's witnesses in here.

1) I don't game on PC...but I at least am not afraid to say it's by far the superior way to play (partially fact & partially opinion).

2) It's not about being "religious". It's about facts being facts. While I do agree that it of course is an opinion on which is preferred (which is fine, not everyone likes the same things), the least TC could at least get the facts right as far as the details of PC gaming.
#27Styrof0amPosted 8/8/2014 11:41:13 PM
Convenience. That's why I've spend the last 10 years gaming on console and not PC.

I know every single game disc with the Xbox One logo will play w/o fault on my console. I never have to muck around with driver updates, or worrying about specs. Only downside is the long installs, that was introduced with the 8th gen consoles.

---

No commentary. No advertisements. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
#28SparkItUpPosted 8/8/2014 11:43:33 PM
Styrof0am posted...
Convenience. That's why I've spend the last 10 years gaming on console and not PC.

I know every single game disc with the Xbox One logo will play w/o fault on my console. I never have to muck around with driver updates, or worrying about specs. Only downside is the long installs, that was introduced with the 8th gen consoles.

Just curious, you say you "muck around"...that infers that there is some sort of degree of difficulty that you are having...What exactly are you finding hard about driver updates? Also, where have you been? These boards are full of whines & cries (from both sides) about specs of the consoles...
#29slowdog76Posted 8/8/2014 11:52:05 PM
TC admits he hasnt got the first clue about PC gaming - half of the topic is people expecting that he is 100% au fait with all the facts, despite his lack of knowledge

@spark - you are missing the point. taking driver updates as the example. its not the fact that it may or may not be difficult. its the fact that it is even something you have to do. difficulty levels are irrelevant.

those moaning about specs are very very much in the minority
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#30Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/8/2014 11:54:05 PM
slowdog76 posted...
TC admits he hasnt got the first clue about PC gaming - half of the topic is people expecting that he is 100% au fait with all the facts, despite his lack of knowledge

@spark - you are missing the point. taking driver updates as the example. its not the fact that it may or may not be difficult. its the fact that it is even something you have to do. difficulty levels are irrelevant.

those moaning about specs are very very much in the minority

If he has no clue about what he's talking about, why would he even make a topic?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant