why I own an Xbox One not a PC

#31SparkItUpPosted 8/8/2014 11:56:07 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
slowdog76 posted...
TC admits he hasnt got the first clue about PC gaming - half of the topic is people expecting that he is 100% au fait with all the facts, despite his lack of knowledge

@spark - you are missing the point. taking driver updates as the example. its not the fact that it may or may not be difficult. its the fact that it is even something you have to do. difficulty levels are irrelevant.

those moaning about specs are very very much in the minority

If he has no clue about what he's talking about, why would he even make a topic?

Gamefaqs logic at its best is all I can think of.
#32Styrof0amPosted 8/8/2014 11:56:40 PM
SparkItUp posted...
Styrof0am posted...
Convenience. That's why I've spend the last 10 years gaming on console and not PC.

I know every single game disc with the Xbox One logo will play w/o fault on my console. I never have to muck around with driver updates, or worrying about specs. Only downside is the long installs, that was introduced with the 8th gen consoles.

Just curious, you say you "muck around"...that infers that there is some sort of degree of difficulty that you are having...What exactly are you finding hard about driver updates? Also, where have you been? These boards are full of whines & cries (from both sides) about specs of the consoles...

Muck around, mess with, fiddle ... that sort of thing, and no it's not difficult, not just something I can be bothered with. I spend my entire work week setting up apache servers, installing various nix systems and maintaining both (which also includes driving all the way to the datacenter to replace faulty hardware), so when I'm off work I just like to pop a disc into my console and have some fun playing games. If a friend comes online, I'm given a heads-up and we can party up in less than 15 secs. Convenience.

I don't care about specs, I care about having fun. I let other people whine

---

No commentary. No advertisements. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
#33Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/8/2014 11:58:25 PM
Styrof0am posted...
just like to pop a disc into my console and have some fun playing games. If a friend comes online, I'm given a heads-up and we can party up in less than 15 secs. Convenience.

With Steam, you just click a game and it loads, if a friend pops up, you join up and party in less than 15 seconds, even more convenience because you don't need to enter your credit card to play with friend
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#34slowdog76Posted 8/8/2014 11:59:23 PM
SparkItUp posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
slowdog76 posted...
TC admits he hasnt got the first clue about PC gaming - half of the topic is people expecting that he is 100% au fait with all the facts, despite his lack of knowledge

@spark - you are missing the point. taking driver updates as the example. its not the fact that it may or may not be difficult. its the fact that it is even something you have to do. difficulty levels are irrelevant.

those moaning about specs are very very much in the minority

If he has no clue about what he's talking about, why would he even make a topic?

Gamefaqs logic at its best is all I can think of.

you two are really having problems with understanding the concept of all this? really?
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#35soysauceman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 12:02:23 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Styrof0am posted...
just like to pop a disc into my console and have some fun playing games. If a friend comes online, I'm given a heads-up and we can party up in less than 15 secs. Convenience.

With Steam, you just click a game and it loads, if a friend pops up, you join up and party in less than 15 seconds, even more convenience because you don't need to enter your credit card to play with friend

who are you people !?
#36puffnbillys420Posted 8/9/2014 12:03:07 AM
I dont game on pcs because I would be embarrassed
---
Psn: DirtyJoeBro XBL: joe1ah feel free to add me
#37TenzhiPosted 8/9/2014 12:08:21 AM
I won't consider PC gaming to be a palatable alternative until I can go to the local Wal-Mart/Best Buy/Gamestop and buy a PC in a box for roughly the same price as a console, take it home and hook it up to my TV and be ready to game without ever having to worry about whether I meet the system requirements for a game released on my chosen platform.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#38Styrof0amPosted 8/9/2014 12:09:35 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Styrof0am posted...

... and with Steam I'll have to make sure my drivers are up to date, if I want the best performance. 3 years from now, my laptop can't run the latest games anyway, so I'll have to upgrade, just to play games. 5 years from now, I can just buy a game with XB1 logo knowing it will run w/o hassle.
I didn't have to enter a credit card to play with a friend on XB1, I've always used pre-paid codes for both Live and games.

For an XB1 owner (Xeeh You, right?) you're really pushing the anti-XB agenda. It's just plastic (^^,)

---

No commentary. No advertisements. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
#39Jedi454Posted 8/9/2014 12:12:18 AM
puffnbillys420 posted...
I dont game on pcs because I would be embarrassed

That is some serious insecurities dude.
---
The new TMNT movie looks like garbage.
#40Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/9/2014 12:13:46 AM
Styrof0am posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Styrof0am posted...

... and with Steam I'll have to make sure my drivers are up to date, if I want the best performance. 3 years from now, my laptop can't run the latest games anyway, so I'll have to upgrade, just to play games. 5 years from now, I can just buy a game with XB1 logo knowing it will run w/o hassle.
I didn't have to enter a credit card to play with a friend on XB1, I've always used pre-paid codes for both Live and games.

For an XB1 owner (Xeeh You, right?) you're really pushing the anti-XB agenda. It's just plastic (^^,)

Steam automatically updates all that crap for you
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant