I dont game on pcs because I would be embarrassed

That is some serious insecurities dude.

I have seen pc gamers before and in no way do I want to be a part of that crowd
---
Psn: DirtyJoeBro XBL: joe1ah feel free to add me
#42Styrof0amPosted 8/9/2014 1:15:44 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Styrof0am posted...
... and with Steam I'll have to make sure my drivers are up to date, if I want the best performance. 3 years from now, my laptop can't run the latest games anyway, so I'll have to upgrade, just to play games. 5 years from now, I can just buy a game with XB1 logo knowing it will run w/o hassle.
I didn't have to enter a credit card to play with a friend on XB1, I've always used pre-paid codes for both Live and games.

For an XB1 owner (Xeeh You, right?) you're really pushing the anti-XB agenda. It's just plastic (^^,)

Steam automatically updates all that crap for you

Even my hardware??

;o)

---

No commentary. No advertisements. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
#43SparkItUpPosted 8/9/2014 1:16:07 AM
puffnbillys420 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
puffnbillys420 posted...

Please further explain.
#44Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/9/2014 1:18:31 AM(edited)
Styrof0am posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Styrof0am posted...
... and with Steam I'll have to make sure my drivers are up to date, if I want the best performance. 3 years from now, my laptop can't run the latest games anyway, so I'll have to upgrade, just to play games. 5 years from now, I can just buy a game with XB1 logo knowing it will run w/o hassle.
I didn't have to enter a credit card to play with a friend on XB1, I've always used pre-paid codes for both Live and games.

For an XB1 owner (Xeeh You, right?) you're really pushing the anti-XB agenda. It's just plastic (^^,)

Steam automatically updates all that crap for you

Even my hardware??

;o)

http://www.geek.com/games/how-to-upgrade-your-graphics-drivers-using-steam-1285333/

and if you have an Nvidia Card, GeForce Experience will automatically do it for you, including set the settings up

Hell, even Windows will update it for you.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#45Jedi454Posted 8/9/2014 1:18:46 AM
puffnbillys420 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
puffnbillys420 posted...

I go to the gym regularly and am going to build my second gaming PC.
---
The new TMNT movie looks like garbage.
#46puffnbillys420Posted 8/9/2014 1:18:57 AM
SparkItUp posted...
puffnbillys420 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
puffnbillys420 posted...

Please further explain.

Every pc gamer I have seen has been either gothic/emo or incredibly nerdy...pc gaming is not something to be proud of where I live
---
Psn: DirtyJoeBro XBL: joe1ah feel free to add me
#47SparkItUpPosted 8/9/2014 1:21:00 AM
puffnbillys420 posted...
SparkItUp posted...
puffnbillys420 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
puffnbillys420 posted...

Please further explain.

Every pc gamer I have seen has been either gothic/emo or incredibly nerdy...pc gaming is not something to be proud of where I live

Never had that experience myself to the degree that I found it to be an issue...then again I don't game on PC nearly as much as I used to. I'm not saying you aren't having that experience, just that I have not.
#48MasteroftheArtsPosted 8/9/2014 1:28:06 AM
Styrof0am posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Styrof0am posted...
just like to pop a disc into my console and have some fun playing games. If a friend comes online, I'm given a heads-up and we can party up in less than 15 secs. Convenience.

I don't care about specs, I care about having fun. I let other people whine

With Steam, you just click a game and it loads, if a friend pops up, you join up and party in less than 15 seconds, even more convenience because you don't need to enter your credit card to play with friend

If you're interested in gaming, why did you get a laptop? Desktops are now cheaper, more powerful, and easier to assemble than they've ever been. There are dozens of guides online which hold your hand and take you through the process of building one. As far as driver updates, that was a problem perhaps 5 years ago. Now everything is automated. All I do is click a button. GeForce Experience informs you that you have an update for your graphics card, you download it, and it automatically installs it. On AMD's side, once a month, you go to AMD's website, download the Catalyst Control Center update, install it, and you're done.

Also, enjoy paying $20 more for any game that's been out for more than 3 months with worse graphics, no mod support, and less responsive controls. Oh, and enjoy paying for multiplayer.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#49Styrof0amPosted 8/9/2014 1:29:10 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
http://www.geek.com/games/how-to-upgrade-your-graphics-drivers-using-steam-1285333/

and if you have an Nvidia Card, GeForce Experience will automatically do it for you, including set the settings up

I'd still have to buy a new laptop 3 years from now.

Right now I'm content with my trusty old T500, so why would I sell my gaming box (XB1) just to get a more expensive PC, that requires all sorts of apps and maintenance?
The selection of games on Steam for Linux isn't impressive, and running windows does require maintenance (unless you want your system to gradually slow down) ... and all the maintenance was what I tried to avoid in the first place (see occupational description above).
Of course I could just have a Windows image or a slipstreamed install at the ready, but Id still have to spend to long updating everything.

What it boils down to is this; console gaming is the most convinient for me

---

No commentary. No advertisements. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
#50Styrof0amPosted 8/9/2014 1:33:15 AM
MasteroftheArts posted...
If you're interested in gaming, why did you get a laptop?

Because I game on a console, the laptop is for web browsing, some light video editing and the occasional shell script

MasteroftheArts posted...
Also, enjoy paying $20 more for any game that's been out for more than 3 months with worse graphics, no mod support, and less responsive controls. Oh, and enjoy paying for multiplayer.

Thanks, I do. It's the price of convenience, I gladly pay.

---