why I own an Xbox One not a PC

#51Jedi454Posted 8/9/2014 1:38:05 AM
puffnbillys420 posted...
Every pc gamer I have seen has been either gothic/emo or incredibly nerdy...pc gaming is not something to be proud of where I live

Are you 15 mate? Lol.
---
The new TMNT movie looks like garbage.
#52BilliePilgrimPosted 8/9/2014 1:41:33 AM(edited)
Styrof0am posted...
... and with Steam I'll have to make sure my drivers are up to date, if I want the best performance. 3 years from now, my laptop can't run the latest games anyway, so I'll have to upgrade, just to play games. 5 years from now, I can just buy a game with XB1 logo knowing it will run w/o hassle.
I didn't have to enter a credit card to play with a friend on XB1, I've always used pre-paid codes for both Live and games.

For an XB1 owner (Xeeh You, right?) you're really pushing the anti-XB agenda. It's just plastic (^^,)

Looking at minimum specs is hard for you? People are still gaming on 8800GT's, which came out in 2006/2007. How much worrying do you think is involved? I got my GPU 2 years ago and am only just now having to start turning games down to "just" high settings to maintain a solid 60fps. If all you're looking for is a console level experience, an upgrade wouldn't be necessary for many many many years.

Also, don't know why people bring up drivers. 1) They check for you so that all you have to do is click OK whenever a box pops up saying its time to update and 2) You don't need the most up to date drivers.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.2| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#53MasteroftheArtsPosted 8/9/2014 1:43:00 AM
Styrof0am posted...
Because I game on a console, the laptop is for web browsing, some light video editing and the occasional shell script

In other words, you're complaining about something you don't even own yet. The misconception here is that you apparently think any PC is capable of putting out max settings at 1080p for any title when that's absurd. You have to actually buy a gaming PC to be able to play the titles, just like you have to buy an X1 to play the titles.

Styrof0am posted...
Thanks, I do. It's the price of convenience, I gladly pay.

Cool. We're done here. It's obvious from your response that you never had any intention of questioning your decision, so this entire topic was created so you could stir the pot and troll.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#54puffnbillys420Posted 8/9/2014 1:43:08 AM
Jedi454 posted...
puffnbillys420 posted...
Every pc gamer I have seen has been either gothic/emo or incredibly nerdy...pc gaming is not something to be proud of where I live

Are you 15 mate? Lol.

No lol, try 24...im only speaking the truth..my whole life I have only met one cool pc gamer
---
Psn: DirtyJoeBro XBL: joe1ah feel free to add me
#55soysauceman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 1:44:14 AM
puffnbillys420 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
puffnbillys420 posted...

Are you 15 mate? Lol.

No lol, try 24...im only speaking the truth..my whole life I have only met one cool pc gamer

here's a tip - the guy with the Batman belt buckle is cooler than you give him credit for.
#56CapwnDPosted 8/9/2014 1:52:35 AM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Styrof0am posted...
just like to pop a disc into my console and have some fun playing games. If a friend comes online, I'm given a heads-up and we can party up in less than 15 secs. Convenience.

I don't care about specs, I care about having fun. I let other people whine

With Steam, you just click a game and it loads, if a friend pops up, you join up and party in less than 15 seconds, even more convenience because you don't need to enter your credit card to play with friend

Yeah and the voice communication on PC games is universal. You don't need Teamspeak or Ventrillo it's just easyteazy steps just flick it stick it and see you later bye

BilliePilgrim posted...
Styrof0am posted...
... and with Steam I'll have to make sure my drivers are up to date, if I want the best performance. 3 years from now, my laptop can't run the latest games anyway, so I'll have to upgrade, just to play games. 5 years from now, I can just buy a game with XB1 logo knowing it will run w/o hassle.
I didn't have to enter a credit card to play with a friend on XB1, I've always used pre-paid codes for both Live and games.

For an XB1 owner (Xeeh You, right?) you're really pushing the anti-XB agenda. It's just plastic (^^,)

Looking at minimum specs is hard for you? People are still gaming on 8800GT's, which came out in 2006/2007. How much worrying do you think is involved? I got my GPU 2 years ago and am only just now having to start turning games down to "just" high settings to maintain a solid 60fps. If all you're looking for is a console level experience, an upgrade wouldn't be necessary for many many many years.

Also, don't know why people bring up drivers. 1) They check for you so that all you have to do is click OK whenever a box pops up saying its time to update and 2) You don't need the most up to date drivers.

This however is true. Some people may be jaded by early PC gaming where it was much more of a hassle. These days you can buy (preferably build) a rig and it will last awhile, and updating drivers and updating the games is pretty much automatic.

And Styrof0am, a laptop is a really bad choice for a gaming platform.

Still though, unless you're spending some cash for the initial build, I wouldn't expect to buy a PC at the beginning of a console gen and have that same PC running games by the end of the console gen without upgrades along the way.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#57InjusticeRebornPosted 8/9/2014 1:47:11 AM(edited)
PC gamers are so master race, they have software notifying them when someone has stated on a message board why for whatever reason they would rather pick something over a PC to game on.

Get on their level guys, come on!
---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
#58Jedi454Posted 8/9/2014 1:54:09 AM(edited)
puffnbillys420 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
puffnbillys420 posted...

Are you 15 mate? Lol.

I'm the coolest kid in the playground, so cool I don't trade Pokemon cards, they're given to me. Holo Charizard First Edition, yeah i'll take that for free thank you.
---
The new TMNT movie looks like garbage.
#59Styrof0amPosted 8/9/2014 1:54:48 AM
BilliePilgrim posted...
Looking at minimum specs is hard for you?

I feel we're walking in circles here.
No, it's not hard for, but it's one (of many) things I can't be bothered with. Convinience is sill the keyword here.

MasteroftheArts posted...
In other words, you're complaining about something you don't even own yet. The misconception here is that you apparently think any PC is capable of putting out max settings at 1080p for any title when that's absurd. You have to actually buy a gaming PC to be able to play the titles, just like you have to buy an X1 to play the titles.
I'm not complainging at any point in this thread. I'm merely stating why I prefer console gaming over PC gaming. I'll reiterate; Buying a console to plug straight into my TV, instread of buying a more expensive gaming rig, maintaining the OS, drivers, anti-virus, firewall etc. just to play games, is more convenient for me.

I'm comparing setups, not complaing, and from my POV console gaming i the better option.

Styrof0am posted...
Thanks, I do. It's the price of convenience, I gladly pay.

Cool. We're done here. It's obvious from your response that you never had any intention of questioning your decision, so this entire topic was created so you could stir the pot and troll.

Wait, what?
You think I started this topic? Check again.

---

No commentary. No advertisements. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
#60Styrof0amPosted 8/9/2014 1:57:26 AM
CapwnD posted...
And Styrof0am, a laptop is a really bad choice for a gaming platform.

Cross post, sorry.

I know it is, which is why I'm gaming on a console.

---

No commentary. No advertisements. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod