why I own an Xbox One not a PC

#91MrXGamerPosted 8/9/2014 6:44:52 AM(edited)
Holden_Mcgroin posted...
If you go PC, you will miss out on a ton of great games. PC doesn't have as much to offer as people think it does.

lolwut?

It's quite the opposite, smart one. PC has over a whopping 20k games with online play still working for games that released in 1990's. Can your consoles do that? Once the console generation is up and your console dead later, kiss goodbye to your game collection and dead online servers. PC is the only reliable way to game from any generation to the most recent. That includes perfectly working emulators all the way from NES to Nintendo Wii with superior features.

Even today's modern games, PC receives 95% of console games and with developers that make games exclusively for PC, we usually have more games coming out in a month than you do in an entire year. That's besides the fact that all games are much superior in graphics, framerate, online play, mods, etc on PC with an advanced third party program support like Steam, VoIPs, stream/record, etc. Consoles don't even come close, no matter what you're comparing.
---
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Crucial m4 SSD | Blu-ray | Win 7 x64
#92youngskillzPosted 8/9/2014 7:04:01 AM
it might cost more but i'd say pc gaming is worth it if you can afford it.

pc gets zero sony exclusives so if theres one console you can omit it would be the xbox, well the wii too if you don't care for nintendo games.

i think most pc gamers would get a ps4 over the other two.
---
Metal Bands -- Remaining Chaos, Ghoulchapel, Walking Across Jupiter, Widek, Deals Death, Mors Principium Est, Cantabile Wind, Fractal Gates, Destinity.
#93SragentThomPosted 8/9/2014 7:10:20 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
There are households were people don't have PCs? What is this the 90s?

Yes. It's called the iphone age.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Df8Ny6zHVc
Mc Nuggco: Heart attack within
#94Fou LuPosted 8/9/2014 7:20:37 AM
soysauceman posted...
because with the Xbox you just plug it in and it works and only requires occasional dusting. I don't understand even the basics of building a gaming PC that would cost 1000 and possibly need upgrading in three months. And to top it all off someone on the PC board told me I should just stick to consoles and shouldn't try to build PC ...

Hahah... Upgrade every 3 months. That's funny. You can buy graphic cards right now for $200 that will be more powerful than the PS5 and whatever the next Xbox is called. The higher you pay, the longer it takes to replace the part.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#95MacrossSpecialPosted 8/9/2014 7:26:09 AM
From the topic title I was expecting "because I am poor." Not too many people are openly willing to admit that they don't play pc games because they don't want to learn something new. Honesty like that is pretty rare.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll
#96InfinityOver0Posted 8/9/2014 8:11:56 AM
plug and play for games is really the only advantage a console has. maybe one day pc will have some company that resolve software conflicts and downloads driver updates and all that other crap that i hate having to deal with for every pc game, maybe, until then, i get why so ppl are apprehensive about gaming on their pc primarily
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#97BilliePilgrimPosted 8/9/2014 8:51:48 AM
InfinityOver0 posted...
plug and play for games is really the only advantage a console has. maybe one day pc will have some company that resolve software conflicts and downloads driver updates and all that other crap that i hate having to deal with for every pc game, maybe, until then, i get why so ppl are apprehensive about gaming on their pc primarily

OK, you got me. I laughed a little.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.2| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#98ghostemp77Posted 8/9/2014 11:42:40 AM
Plug and Play only applies up to 7th gen consoles.

7th gen: Can play without updates, but once you connect to the internet it will prompt you.

8th gen: Need day one update out of the box. No update, no playing games.
---
3DS FC: 2380 - 2356 - 0444
http://i.imgur.com/dovxshz.gif http://i.imgur.com/akOmHDE.png
#99SnickleseedPosted 8/9/2014 5:33:37 PM
puffnbillys420 posted...
Every pc gamer I have seen has been either gothic/emo or incredibly nerdy...pc gaming is not something to be proud of where I live

There are idiots in console gaming, too... especially the pre-teen "I'm-pro-gamer-you-got-REKT" MLG wannabes who use every instance they get to sling insults and whatever their new slang of the week is at anyone who will listen, in an attempt to convey their self-assigned superiority
---
not changing this sig until "being an idiot" is a moderation reason
#100AquaDeath22Posted 8/11/2014 6:00:04 PM
Pc is better yes... But consoles are cheaper, and besides the only reason Pc gaming is so Popular is because of MMOS mods Graphics.... Multiplayer... Skype.. I should stop
---
Not changing this Signature until Kotor3 is made. Started 9/12/2006