Mass Effect 4 Semi-long read

#1Starlord14Posted 8/8/2014 10:42:36 PM
Mass Effect 4 Theory

I believe that Mass Effect 4 is neither a sequel nor prequel and allows Bioware to canonize the mass effect universe for future sequels. I believe in Mass Effect 4 the player will be able to select from a variety of races, and the story will run alongside the events of mass effect 1 -3 with news reports and possibly seeing from afar some of the events chosen by players in the original trilogy. This opens up a different path for the story to take while allowing us to hear about or meet characters before they team up with Shepard (Thane assassinating one of our crew or important character or Mordin saves one). And visit new planets as well as previous places either before or after Shepard visits (Noveria and Omega for example). This time span could be portrayed in an interesting way over the course of one game (Thoughts of time passing in The Last of Us come to mind).

My idea of the ending involves the indoctrination theory (or that bioware chooses it to satisfy most fans) and our new team joins the fight on earth and battles their way to Shepard’s last know position. Where our player finds Shepard among the rubble mumbling to his/herself the events that we see at the end of Mass Effect 3 (Shepard appears as our mass effect 3 or default Shepard). Here our characters can either help up (because they have grown to admire him/her) and fight along Shepard (who eventually dies however, Paragon choice) or kill him/her on the spot (renegade). Either choice still leads to the universe celebrating Shepard for his/her valiant fight against the reapers.

After this I believe an ending similar to mass effect 1 where the reapers are destroyed and only small changes occur because of player actions would allow the Mass Effect saga to continue smoothly (for example krogan cure doesn’t work anyways, small pocket of geth or quarian are able to rebuild, etc..) Allowing the next game to be set in the future (with one story outcome to build from) or a distant (pre-human) past. Also wanted to state I believe the best mass effect movie setting is the First Contact war (just saying)… Thanks for reading!
#2pnut3844Posted 8/8/2014 10:43:55 PM
Still a better love story than twilight
---
A good game is a good game, regardless of system, res, framerate, and sales. Same goes for systems.
#3PulpPosted 8/8/2014 10:45:36 PM
Scanned, saw "my idea" and "indoctrination theory". Didn't bother reading.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#4GladiatorDangerPosted 8/8/2014 11:01:30 PM
Actually I am pretty sure the setting of Mass Effect 4 has already been set in stone, I believe it is supposed to be set during Mass Effect 2 between the period between Shepard's death and re-birth focusing on the story of Garrus, what he did after C-Sec and why he eventually went to Omega.
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#5nickoman33Posted 8/8/2014 11:11:22 PM(edited)
oh man I completely forgot about that gap. wasn't it like 2 yrs between death and the start of 2 (when shepard is brought back)?

that actually makes sense. I had originally thought it was going to run parallel to the trilogy or be set shortly before/after it, but that actually would make more sense.
#6jaytheultimatePosted 8/9/2014 4:42:56 AM
GladiatorDanger posted...
Actually I am pretty sure the setting of Mass Effect 4 has already been set in stone, I believe it is supposed to be set during Mass Effect 2 between the period between Shepard's death and re-birth focusing on the story of Garrus, what he did after C-Sec and why he eventually went to Omega.

Ah yes, that pointless space jesus thing.

As long as the story is good ill be happy enough. Well I say that but if the game plays worse than ME 3, ill be less than happy as well.
---
(X) Northwind Supra - Console and PC gamer
(V) (;,,;) (V) Zoidberg FTW
#7InjusticeRebornPosted 8/9/2014 4:57:28 AM
I think it was confirmed by BioWare that the next Mass Effect is taking place at the same time as the trilogy, if I remember rightly, between 2 and 3 to be precise...?

One idea that I thought was good was an idea I had heard from the PS4 board I believe; where Humanity (and I think other races) acted 'behind the scenes' and sent expeditions to galaxies outside of our own in search for future settlements, because of the Reaper threat.

Not only would it be possible to somewhat ignore what happens at the end of the trilogy, it should be possible to expand even more.

:sigh: The waiting to see what they'll do is weird.
---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
#8XebecyyPosted 8/9/2014 5:09:42 AM

I'm actually pretty sure you are pulling this out of your a-hole. Many fans have flatly stated, if it's a prequel of any kind we are not buying. Do this and you kill the entire series and destroy all faith in Bioware. NO ONE wants Mass Effect 2.5. We want Mass Effect 4.
---
It's not in the liberal playbook to admit when you're lying. You just lie until someone can spin the argument in a way that makes you appear morally superior.
#9Starlord14(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 6:05:10 AM
"Set in stone", "Setting has been confirmed". I'm sorry I can not find a single article or tweet pointing to this, care to enlighten me with a link??
#10cmmc90Posted 8/9/2014 6:19:43 AM
lmao that wouldn't kill the series. mass effect is blockbuster status they can do whatever they want regardless of what internet people say.