Mass Effect 4 Semi-long read

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Mass Effect 4 Semi-long read
1 year ago#11
GladiatorDanger posted...
Actually I am pretty sure the setting of Mass Effect 4 has already been set in stone, I believe it is supposed to be set during Mass Effect 2 between the period between Shepard's death and re-birth focusing on the story of Garrus, what he did after C-Sec and why he eventually went to Omega.

you absolutely made this all up
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
1 year ago#12
That's similar to my idea. Mass effect 4 ends with seeing your Shepard from the previous games fighting alongside the reapers and the only way you can bring him back is if you chose to destroy the reapers in the 3rd game. If something like mine or your theory doesn't happen, it's a no buy for me. Me3 ending ruined everything with that series and I will not support the game if indoctrination theory isn't true.
1 year ago#13
Seems to me they have written themselves into a corner with the whole galaxy/universe being destroyed thing. The only way to get around that is to say it was all in shepherds head ( indoctrination) which is pretty lame IMO. I'd much rather this new story have nothing to do with shepherd or any fan favorites from the previous games.

First contact wars would be cool but that's like a spin off game id think.

Maybe set me4 a couple hundred years after the reaper invasion. Rebuilding civilization and all that.
---
Support your developer. Buy new.
1 year ago#14
Shaolin015 posted...
That's similar to my idea. Mass effect 4 ends with seeing your Shepard from the previous games fighting alongside the reapers and the only way you can bring him back is if you chose to destroy the reapers in the 3rd game. If something like mine or your theory doesn't happen, it's a no buy for me. Me3 ending ruined everything with that series and I will not support the game if indoctrination theory isn't true.

no one owes you anything. enjoy not playing the next Mass Effect
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
1 year ago#15
jaytheultimate posted...
GladiatorDanger posted...
Actually I am pretty sure the setting of Mass Effect 4 has already been set in stone, I believe it is supposed to be set during Mass Effect 2 between the period between Shepard's death and re-birth focusing on the story of Garrus, what he did after C-Sec and why he eventually went to Omega.

Ah yes, that pointless space jesus thing.

That was ME's shark jumping moment for me. It could have been one of the most impactful moments in gaming history, but instead it's like... "(lalala, science! stuff interlude) You're alive again, Shepard! But now you must work for a space Nazi because reasons!"
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
1 year ago#16
I don't want a prequel at all but I wouldn't mind playing along Shepard's timeline. I just don't see how the stakes can be higher if the Reapers aren't the main threat.

My real question is even if Shepard is making a cameo, does that mean ME trilogy is confirmed for next gen? I'd hate to not see my femShep if Shepard is making an appearance.
1 year ago#17
The only thing that would 'kill' the series at this point is if they decided to create a new trilogy and ended it the same way they did the first trilogy.

That being said if they continue the series and it's half as good as the original trilogy then i'm still going to get every game and all the DLC. They've had plenty of time and experience and EA's money so they should be able to do something great now.

I don't see how they can proceed though. Unless they screw the original trilogy and make a 'canon' ending they can't make a logical sequel. And since the story of Mass Effect has already happened a prequel would be useless.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
1 year ago#18
Xebecyy posted...
I'm actually pretty sure you are pulling this out of your a-hole. Many fans have flatly stated, if it's a prequel of any kind we are not buying. Do this and you kill the entire series and destroy all faith in Bioware. NO ONE wants Mass Effect 2.5. We want Mass Effect 4.

I'm actually pretty sure Bioware doesn't care what you want or your empty threats, seriously how many times has that threat been made? Screw up Mass Effect 2 and I am never buying another Bioware game, Screw up Dragon Age 2 and I am not buying another Bioware game, Mass Effect 3 is their last chance and if they screw it up I am not buying another Bioware game, Uh make that Inquisition and if they screw it up I am never buying another Bioware game, Actually Mass Effect 4 is their last chance and if they screw it up I will never buy another Bioware game. Seriously mang it is like watching John Farnham declare his retirement from the music industry for the last time, nobody takes it seriously and I am pretty sure Bioware sure as hell doesn't, Bioware will do what it does regardless of what you want and I am pretty sure they will still sell a few million copies despite your claims that you speak for everyone.
1 year ago#19
Limp_sugar posted...
Seems to me they have written themselves into a corner with the whole galaxy/universe being destroyed thing. The only way to get around that is to say it was all in shepherds head ( indoctrination) which is pretty lame IMO. I'd much rather this new story have nothing to do with shepherd or any fan favorites from the previous games.

Yeah there really isn't anywhere they can go with the Mass Effect series other than into the past, the ending pretty much saw to that so I really can't see them doing anything other than a prequel for the next Mass Effect.

Thing is I believe I had read somewhere that for the next Mass Effect game the developers wanted to focus more closely on the lives of some of Shepard's companions, more specifically the fan favorite Garrus Vakarian.
1 year ago#20
XBroseph posted...
Limp_sugar posted...

Yeah there really isn't anywhere they can go with the Mass Effect series other than into the past, the ending pretty much saw to that so I really can't see them doing anything other than a prequel for the next Mass Effect.

Thing is I believe I had read somewhere that for the next Mass Effect game the developers wanted to focus more closely on the lives of some of Shepard's companions, more specifically the fan favorite Garrus Vakarian.

I wouldn't say there's nowhere that they could go in the future. I mean they could have a trilogy dealing with finding a way of replacing the mass relays or something similar.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Mass Effect 4 Semi-long read

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived