Mass Effect 4 Semi-long read

#21XBrosephPosted 8/9/2014 4:52:17 PM
BDJayce posted...
XBroseph posted...
Limp_sugar posted...
Seems to me they have written themselves into a corner with the whole galaxy/universe being destroyed thing. The only way to get around that is to say it was all in shepherds head ( indoctrination) which is pretty lame IMO. I'd much rather this new story have nothing to do with shepherd or any fan favorites from the previous games.

Yeah there really isn't anywhere they can go with the Mass Effect series other than into the past, the ending pretty much saw to that so I really can't see them doing anything other than a prequel for the next Mass Effect.

Thing is I believe I had read somewhere that for the next Mass Effect game the developers wanted to focus more closely on the lives of some of Shepard's companions, more specifically the fan favorite Garrus Vakarian.

I wouldn't say there's nowhere that they could go in the future. I mean they could have a trilogy dealing with finding a way of replacing the mass relays or something similar.

Nope pretty sure the ending of Mass Effect 3 signified the end, unless they choose one of the endings ignoring the rest or use the "indoctrination theory" that fans keep harping on about it would be too hard to account for all the variables that result from player choice, and even if they did choose one of the endings disallowing save imports (which would piss the players off even more than they claim a prequel would) there really isn't much potential for stories that would still feel like a Mass Effect game unless they just brushed aside the galaxy wide destruction and changes as if they were nothing.
#22XebecyyPosted 8/9/2014 5:20:49 PM
I'm actually pretty sure Bioware doesn't care what you want or your empty threats, seriously how many times has that threat been made? Screw up Mass Effect 2 and I am never buying another Bioware game, Screw up Dragon Age 2 and I am not buying another Bioware game, Mass Effect 3 is their last chance and if they screw it up I am not buying another Bioware game, Uh make that Inquisition and if they screw it up I am never buying another Bioware game, Actually Mass Effect 4 is their last chance and if they screw it up I will never buy another Bioware game. Seriously mang it is like watching John Farnham declare his retirement from the music industry for the last time, nobody takes it seriously and I am pretty sure Bioware sure as hell doesn't, Bioware will do what it does regardless of what you want and I am pretty sure they will still sell a few million copies despite your claims that you speak for everyone.

You do understand that DA2 sold less than DAO? You do understand the problems ME3 ending caused? Bio ware has zero room for error. Whether you want to believe it is irrelevant.
---
It's not in the liberal playbook to admit when you're lying. You just lie until someone can spin the argument in a way that makes you appear morally superior.
#23XBrosephPosted 8/9/2014 5:41:42 PM
Xebecyy posted...
You do understand that DA2 sold less than DAO? You do understand the problems ME3 ending caused? Bio ware has zero room for error. Whether you want to believe it is irrelevant.

Dragon Age 2 sold less because it sucked but that still did not stop people from buying the game based on the Bioware name alone, the game was still considered a success in the eyes of EA. And while the ending of Mass Effect 3 may have caused a massive poopstorm that still did not stop people purchasing the DLCs and it still will not stop people purchasing Inquisition regardless of how it turns out, I am pretty sure Bioware will still be in business even if it refuses to give into your petty demands.
#24XebecyyPosted 8/10/2014 7:16:06 AM
See this attitude that; "It's MY petty demands is" erroneous. DA2 sold less, check. THOUSANDS of Mass Effect 3 fan caused a poopstorm, check.

Have you been on the DAI board as of late? It's certainly not a bed of roses over there. Now kindly get your head out of your behind and come back to reality. Bioware has problems with it's fan base and not just with me.
---
It's not in the liberal playbook to admit when you're lying. You just lie until someone can spin the argument in a way that makes you appear morally superior.
#25Jiggy101011Posted 8/10/2014 7:27:12 AM
Where are people getting "The Galaxy was destroyed" bit from ME3? The only thing that was destroyed no matter what you chose were the relays, that doesn't mean the galaxy was destroyed though.

Anyway my theory is it will be set thousands of years after the events of ME3, where maybe Liara will be the only person still alive due to the Asari living a long time. There has to be a reason why at the end of ME3 the old man is retelling the story of "The Shepard" like it is a myth/legend. I don't see them bringing back Shepard at all, his story has been told.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Max Payne 3, The Last Of Us, Assassins Creed IV
#26XBrosephPosted 8/10/2014 8:06:06 AM
Xebecyy posted...
See this attitude that; "It's MY petty demands is" erroneous. DA2 sold less, check. THOUSANDS of Mass Effect 3 fan caused a poopstorm, check.

Have you been on the DAI board as of late? It's certainly not a bed of roses over there. Now kindly get your head out of your behind and come back to reality. Bioware has problems with it's fan base and not just with me.

It honestly doesn't matter what Bioware does there will always be a vocal minority who will cause a fuss over something, the only thing that is erroneous here is your assumption that you speak for everyone and that if for some reason Bioware does not bow down to your petty subset of demands that the game will fail. If you honestly believe that you are entitled to dictate the direction of the Mass Effect series because Bioware's last 2 games had problems then it is you who is in need of a serious reality check.
#27XebecyyPosted 8/11/2014 8:10:08 AM
It honestly doesn't matter what Bioware does there will always be a vocal minority who will cause a fuss over something

Here is where you are flat out wrong. Bioware's problem is not just from some "vocal minority." That code speak to cover you behind when you know you have screwed up badly.

the only thing that is erroneous here is your assumption that you speak for everyone and that if for some reason Bioware does not bow down to your petty subset of demands that the game will fail.

Now you showing your true ignorance. I speak only for myself. I do understand the truth however. And that is Bioware's problem is with far more than a vocal minority. Something you simply have ignored.

If you honestly believe that you are entitled to dictate the direction of the Mass Effect series because Bioware's last 2 games had problems then it is you who is in need of a serious reality check.

Ok I gotcha now. You are simply just trolling. Ignoring repeated facts, and statements. Yep just a very simple troll.
---
#28BDJaycePosted 8/11/2014 8:34:04 AM
I have to be honest if Mass Effect 4 is nearly as good as any of the other Mass Effect games then i'll enjoy it even if it's a post-apocalyptic space adventure.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#29MetroidFan9999Posted 8/11/2014 8:40:22 AM
They need to reboot the entire thing, seriously. Integrate some mass relay time warp or some crap.

Story was corny beyond belief, I couldn't even encourage myself to get an hour into ME3.

I'm sure also the voice acting had some role in that, atrocious.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#30iamdanthamanPosted 8/11/2014 9:08:04 AM
You people really need to give up on the indoctrination theory. How many times does Bioware have to shoot it down before you accept it? I loved all 3 games. The ending was a bit of a let down, but if I threw a fit every time I was disappointed in a game's ending I would have a pretty pathetic existence. It's been a while since there was a Bioware game I didn't buy, and I don't intend to start now.
---
All your base are belong to us