so is Homefront 2 not happening now?

#1soysaucemanPosted 8/9/2014 12:06:21 AM
I would be sad if it's not
#2Homie_202Posted 8/9/2014 12:10:42 AM
It is but I think it has switched dev teams.
#3soysauceman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 12:13:51 AM
Homie_202 posted...
It is but I think it has switched dev teams.

alright thnx hopefully it will be good.
#4zerooo0Posted 8/9/2014 12:14:13 AM
Homefront The Revolution is still happening and is being published under Deep Silver who owns the Homefront IP now. They are opening up a studio that is in the same exact town that Crytek UK was in, and rumor has, again this is just rumors, that the new studio is getting a lot of the guys who worked at Crytek UK to basically become Deep Silver UK. Not the official name of the developers though.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#5MrRoamPosted 8/9/2014 6:47:07 AM
did anyone even care about the first one?
---
Mave
#6kayoticdreamzPosted 8/9/2014 6:50:52 AM
MrRoam posted...
did anyone even care about the first one?

this is what Im wondering.....how did this game manage a sequel.....of all games that could be bought from defunct THQ.....homefront gets bought and gets a sequel? seems strange. I seem to recall it not being the most well received game.
#7dummy420Posted 8/9/2014 7:36:50 AM
I actually liked the first one. It wasn't perfect but I felt I got my moneys worth.
---
Trying is the first step towards failure, so just dont give it a shot and you cant dissapoint.
#8kennyynnooPosted 8/9/2014 7:41:42 AM
I think the first one sold ok....I mean I see it everywhere used for $5. The concept/story was there, it was just not a good game.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#9WOT BSPosted 8/9/2014 8:03:14 AM
The multiplayer was really fun, at first everyone is infantry then you use the points you get from kills and objectives to buy stuff like choppers and tanks drones etc. No idea exactly what the numbers were but say you started off really good got 8 kills and did the objective so you could spend all those points on a tank then dominate the other guys. After a couple minutes of rolling them a guy with fewer points could spend his on an rpg, when he takes out the tank and it's gunner he'll get a bunch of points for the armor kill, ending the streak, getting the guner too etc. It was a great balance, i remember buying a recon drone that was almost free and just racking up spotting assists. enough that id be able to use my points to buy an airstrike or 2. If i missed im sol, if i got a bunch its like "jackpot! who's getting in my apache with me"?

Homefront > bf3 (360 version anyway)
---
PSN: SociopathPhD
GT: Extract Hz
#10BTM4444Posted 8/9/2014 9:34:56 AM
Yes Homefront multiplayer was a blast. Played it a ton with friends. Looking forward to the sequal and it being open world is a huge bonus
---
No one cares what your PC specs are
3DS Friend Code 2337-3413-7892