More focus on PC Gaming good or bad ?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. More focus on PC Gaming good or bad ?
1 year ago#1
Does anyone remember when couple of months ago Phil Spencer promised increased focus on PC Gaming? http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-we-need-to-do-more-for-pc-gaming/1100-6420024/
So do you think this is a good or bad thing from perspective of an XB1 owner if more XB1 exclusives make their way to PC ? Ryse and Dead Rising 3 are already in and Halo MCC coming to PC is a strong possibility if Phil's words are to be believed.This is all very good for a PC owner who does not own Xbox but what do XB1 owners have feel about this ? Do you feel that this makes owning XB1 pointless and should just sell off the XB1 and go PC/PS4 ?
1 year ago#2
You're assuming that every single XB1 title will go to the PC.

The same silly assumption was made by anti-MS fanboys with the 360 and it never happened.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
1 year ago#3
They wont go ps4 lol, I don't know why everyone thinks they will. If the xbox dies and they stop making them they will just go to making windows exclusive games.

As for this being a bad thing, no. People that play consoles usually just like to play on consoles. Countless xbox 360 exclusives went to PC and that didn't stop it from selling 84 million consoles.
1 year ago#4
[conspiracy mode activated] MS did terribly with their focus on the X1's games (their core audience). Lack of games at the reveal, it was all TVTVTV, Kinect bundle and then backtracking on their "it's integral to the X1 vision", higher price point with weaker hardware etc then having "exclusives" saying things like this:

http://www.craveonline.co.uk/gaming/articles/556927-gamescom-2013-dead-rising-3-is-never-coming-to-ps4-or-pc

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/30/ryse-son-of-rome-will-not-be-ported-to-pc-down-the-line-will-not-have-a-demo-at-launch/

And then they say they're going to focus more/do more for PC gaming, are releasing dx12 (low level API which will benefit PCs more) and are releasing previous exclusives that "won't come to PC". That's a little bit strange. [conspiracy mode deactivated]
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
1 year ago#5
X1 for $399 is pointless. Just play the games on PC.
---
'Deep into that darkness peering...'
Snackeroo.com
1 year ago#6
Megamushroom666 posted...

Poster 2 said the two aren't competing. So the games going to the PC won't do anything bad to Xbox One sales.
---
Reach for your Halo
1 year ago#7
RushRush4 posted...

Poster 2 said the two aren't competing. So the games going to the PC won't do anything bad to Xbox One sales.

By that logic even Nintendo and PC aren't competing but imagine if Nintendo games like Mario,Zelda,etc started being ported to PC wouldn't that affect Nintendo hardware sales ?
1 year ago#8
Developers/publishers in general need to do more for pc gaming. Not every game needs to be released on pc but the ones that do need to be more than rushed ports just to cash in.

mohit9206 posted...
By that logic even Nintendo and PC aren't competing but imagine if Nintendo games like Mario,Zelda,etc started being ported to PC wouldn't that affect Nintendo hardware sales ?

Not really. Nintendo's main target are younger kids and parents will buy them a Nintendo before they'd buy them a pc. Even if the parents already own a gaming pc it's unlikely they would be allowed to play on it. You might lose some older gamers but the core audience would be largely unchanged. Not only that but they would pick up sales from people who won't buy a console but want to play those games.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg
1 year ago#9
mohit9206 posted...
RushRush4 posted...

Not the same thing. Nintendo are competing with PC. Microsoft aren't. That's why Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to PC according to poster 2. This November. With free online.
---
Reach for your Halo
1 year ago#10
mohit9206 posted...
Do you feel that this makes owning XB1 pointless and should just sell off the XB1 and go PC/PS4 ?

If you could assure me that every title would be on the PC, then it would be pointless to me to own an X1.

I'm basically holding my X1 now just to play one game, SO, though I do occasionally still play Ryse (and, yes, I actually like Ryse--if I sell my X1, I will buy the PC version of Ryse).
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. More focus on PC Gaming good or bad ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived