GT's Top Ten Controllers

#11TenzhiPosted 8/9/2014 2:09:09 AM
soysauceman posted...
take that back D-:<

The N64's 3-handled mutant controller I would place on a top ten *worst* controllers list. I'd probably put any WiiMote - plus or otherwise - on such a list as well. And that Nintendo controller with the sliding button for a D-pad. And the Power Glove.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#12ThePuddingManPosted 8/9/2014 2:10:09 AM
Glad to see Xbox One's controller isn't on that list. It's such a massive step down from the 360 controller. Thing feels cheaply made, the analog sticks are much smaller and feel odd and the triggers/bumpers have a weird shape to them too. No clue what MS was thinking when they made it. Literally the only thing better about it than the 360 controller is the dpad.

Anyway, I agree with most of that list. DS4 is definitely at the top. Not a bad list at all. I'd remove Wii Remote Plus though.
#13TenzhiPosted 8/9/2014 2:18:49 AM
ThePuddingMan posted...
Glad to see Xbox One's controller isn't on that list. It's such a massive step down from the 360 controller. Thing feels cheaply made, the analog sticks are much smaller and feel odd and the triggers/bumpers have a weird shape to them too.

While the sticks do feel weird, they are not "much smaller." They are a tiny bit smaller. About a millimeter less radius, I'd say, after putting it up against a 360 controller stick-to-stick. Said 360 controller is well-worn and the thumb pads on the analog sticks are visibly flattened out, so the difference may be even less than it appeared.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#14SigmaLongshotPosted 8/9/2014 2:22:23 AM
Though the Dual Shock 4 is a huge improvement overall, I still have no idea why it's using the archaic analogue-sticks-in-secondary-resting-position placement that was definitely relevant twenty years ago when 360 degree movement wasn't necessarily your primary input, but with it the standard now, it seems like defying innovation for the purpose of tradition.

Speaking solely from the angle of physiology, the stick placement on most controllers sits in an area which is the phalangeal neutral, or the natural resting point for the thumb, whilst the Dual Shock controller lies between 15-20 degrees inward (depending on thumb length) - a point which requires over a third of the tendon's complete tension simply to stay in neutral. This increases to over two thirds of your entire natural tendon tension just to pull directly downwards on both sticks.

That makes no sense to perpetuate.

Of course, the rest of the Dual Shock is solid though.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#15InjusticeRebornPosted 8/9/2014 2:38:27 AM
No surprise there.

I say no surprise, not because of what I think of the controllers and if I agree with this list or not, but it isn't a surprise because the results are the only reason it is of any worth for TC to make a post out of it.

Negative points to those of you who didn't guess DS4 would be on top as soon as you saw topic title and topic creator on the topic list page. <3
---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
#16TheMeanRockPosted 8/9/2014 2:39:00 AM
I like the SNES as much as the next guy... but that controller cant hold a candle to the 360 in terms or erg.

PS4 > 360 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> all and its not even close.

If we are discussing fightpads we have another discussion entirely.
#17dnmt(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 2:51:34 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
No surprise there.

I say no surprise, not because of what I think of the controllers and if I agree with this list or not, but it isn't a surprise because the results are the only reason it is of any worth for TC to make a post out of it.

Negative points to those of you who didn't guess DS4 would be on top as soon as you saw topic title and topic creator on the topic list page. <3

Why are you trying to start something when everyone else is having a nice discussion about controllers? Take a deep breath and relax. The Xbox One is cool and good. See? We're all chill here.
#18InjusticeRebornPosted 8/9/2014 2:55:03 AM
dnmt posted...

Why are you trying to start something when everyone else is having a nice discussion about controllers? Take a deep breath and relax. The Xbox One is cool and good. See? We're all chill here.

They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow
Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me, and baby I got you

---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
#19SxmfctPosted 8/9/2014 3:27:13 AM
2D games - snes controller
3D games - 360 controller

FACT
---
sigless user logic
#20heuvadeucePosted 8/9/2014 5:03:32 AM
That's actually the results?

Clearly somebody has a boner for Nintendo. Surprised they didn't put the Virtual Boy controller on there.