Gaming Headset

#1whosagoonerPosted 8/9/2014 2:03:30 AM
I'm currently looking for a gaming headset and would like some advice.

My budget is about 120.

I've looked at the Turtle Beach XO7 or even PX4 with adaptor. But am undecided.

Can anyone recommend these. Or something else?

I will only use it for my XBO

Cheers
#2kingbahamut83Posted 8/9/2014 2:18:07 AM
I just bought Astro a50s off Craigslist yesterday. Played a few matches of bf4 and ghosts. Never buying any other brand again.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#3whosagooner(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 4:09:06 AM
kingbahamut83 posted...
I just bought Astro a50s off Craigslist yesterday. Played a few matches of bf4 and ghosts. Never buying any other brand again.

How much did you get them for? And have you ever used Turtle Beaches before to compare? As I've only ever used TB
#4Shura_SurplicePosted 8/9/2014 6:45:30 AM
whosagooner posted...
kingbahamut83 posted...

How much did you get them for? And have you ever used Turtle Beaches before to compare? As I've only ever used TB

I wouldn't listen to that guy, sounds like one of those who get excited just by the brand.
Just go to amazon and check the reviews, the ones on the Astro headsets will scare you away.

If I were you I'd stick with TB, I have the TB Tango and I love them.
In a few months they will release their new headsets for the new gen, if you can't wait buy one of the 360 models, the ones for the X1 are not as good.
#5CapwnDPosted 8/9/2014 11:31:25 AM(edited)
Shura_Surplice posted...
whosagooner posted...
kingbahamut83 posted...

I wouldn't listen to that guy, sounds like one of those who get excited just by the brand.
Just go to amazon and check the reviews, the ones on the Astro headsets will scare you away.

In a few months they will release their new headsets for the new gen, if you can't wait buy one of the 360 models, the ones for the X1 are not as good.

Ummm... lol.

Astros are great. I've used many different headsets, many different combinations. Astros are by far my choice for a boxed set. The Astro Mixamp /Sennheiser PC360 along with DSS2 is what I use.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#6XLegendKillerXPosted 8/9/2014 12:04:16 PM
i got Tritton Kama headset and i love them. Sound is great, and they've been on sale for summer all week :)

http://trittonaudio.com/prod/kama_xbox-one.asp
---
Xbox Live - nukkaniiick
#7Shura_SurplicePosted 8/9/2014 12:14:52 PM
CapwnD posted...
Shura_Surplice posted...
whosagooner posted...
kingbahamut83 posted...

Ummm... lol.

Astros are great. I've used many different headsets, many different combinations. Astros are by far my choice for a boxed set. The Astro Mixamp /Sennheiser PC360 along with DSS2 is what I use.

What? are you seriously gonna deny that Astro have had a lot of complains with the A50 and A40 2013? They are probably great... when they actually work.
#8CapwnDPosted 8/9/2014 12:16:21 PM
They're great when you follow the directions.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#9elbarto1Posted 8/9/2014 2:47:43 PM
I have my last gen tritton ax pros still.

I chose them because they have full 5.1 surround, removable mic, and work with anything that has optical output.

They work fine w ps4, need to buy chat adapter and a talk back cable for Xbox one.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#10CRASS5000Posted 8/9/2014 3:45:01 PM
CapwnD posted...
Ummm... lol.

Pretty much this^. The only way to get a better setup is to mix and match components.