If MS has so much more money than Sony how come they cannot compete better?

#1D33p_InsidePosted 8/9/2014 5:20:22 AM(edited)
With such deep pockets is it that hard to secure at least a decent number of 5 year exclusive deals, make the console at least 50$ cheaper than the ps4, optimize OS to use less ram so games perform better, and release the system worldwide like sony did with the ps4?

MS can't just expect Halo alone to sell the Xbox one, the Ps4 has something very important that the xbox one doesnt, variety in exclusives(not just a shooter and a driving game) and equally important, value. PS plus is cheaper than xbox live gold and offers more for what you pay.

Come on MS step your game up! I want to buy your console but you've got to give me more reasons to!
---
PSN: Radical_Terror
#2mokmuudPosted 8/9/2014 5:09:03 AM
Why do people act like Xbox isn't allocated a specific budget?
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#3kennyynnooPosted 8/9/2014 5:09:34 AM
My dog eats his own crap, I think he might be smarter then some people, just saying.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#4MightyMunaPosted 8/9/2014 5:13:11 AM
Still can't comprehend how people believe that Xbox Division has unfettered access to Microsoft's funds.
#5Artvandelay1984Posted 8/9/2014 5:17:01 AM
Sony was just in the right place at the right time and was dealt a marketing ace at E3

People are really fussy and its now "cool" to dislike xbox

Personlly I prefer xbox, always have always will

People are easily led and manipulated by the opinions of others and Sony benefits from this
#6wake_me_420Posted 8/9/2014 5:27:07 AM
MightyMuna posted...
Still can't comprehend how people believe that Xbox Division has unfettered access to Microsoft's funds.

Probably get confused by threads were people cream themselves over how much money MS has relative to Sony.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#7Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/9/2014 5:32:14 AM
Artvandelay1984 posted...
People are easily led and manipulated by the opinions of others and Sony benefits from this

That's rich coming from a biased supporter of a company that has absolutely nothing but marketing going for it.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#8AkumaOutsiderPosted 8/9/2014 5:32:44 AM
wake_me_420 posted...
MightyMuna posted...

Probably get confused by threads were people cream themselves over how much money MS has relative to Sony.

Exactly. Because there isn't a ton of topics about how much MS has or is worth compared to Sony. But of course, when someone put up a topic like this, he must be stupid, and not observing how often it's brought up.
---
www.twitch.tv/feelmeclover
#9Tajaz2426Posted 8/9/2014 5:36:13 AM
Artvandelay1984 posted...
Sony was just in the right place at the right time and was dealt a marketing ace at E3

People are really fussy and its now "cool" to dislike xbox

Personlly I prefer xbox, always have always will

It's not people being manipulated, it is just the PS4 is better hardware and was cheaper. That is all it is.

Some console players that don't care what console they play on, choose to go with the better console each gen. This gen it is the PS4.

Not every one is a fan of a company, they just like playing the better looking video games.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#10PizzatarianPosted 8/9/2014 5:38:50 AM
D33p_Inside posted...
With such deep pockets is it that hard to secure at least a decent number of 5 year exclusive deals, make the console at least 50$ cheaper than the ps4, optimize OS to use less ram so games perform better, and release the system worldwide like sony did with the ps4?

MS can't just expect Halo to sell the Xbox one, the Ps4 has something very important that the xbox one doesnt, variety in exclusives(not just a shooter and a driving game) and equally important, value. PS plus is cheaper than xbox live gold and offers more for what you pay.

Come on MS step your game up! I want to buy your console but you've got to give me more reasons to!

It is $50 cheaper... in Canada. Plus, they would be losing money per every console sold if they dropped the price right now. In addition, the Xbox One will be getting released in 26+ markets starting in September.

And they are working on deals, just look at what was already done with Titanfall (yes, I know it's also on the PC), and Sunset Overdrive.

http://www.dailydot.com/gaming/sony-titanfall-ps4-xbox-one/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sunset-overdrive-exclusive-to-xbox-one-because-microsoft-allowed-insomniac-to-own-the-rights-to-its-creation/1100-6419558/
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3