If MS has so much more money than Sony how come they cannot compete better?

#11L96A1BOSSPosted 8/9/2014 6:31:17 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
My dog eats his own crap, I think he might be smarter then some people, just saying.

The fact you have 184 active message and this the best you got, I rather be homeless on the street than posting like this all day.
#12kennyynnooPosted 8/9/2014 6:33:37 AM
L96A1BOSS posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
My dog eats his own crap, I think he might be smarter then some people, just saying.

The fact you have 184 active message and this the best you got, I rather be homeless on the street than posting like this all day.

I'm retired :-) at least I'm not a depressed troll seeking attention on boards for consoles I don't own to feel better about my life.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#13rafa0506Posted 8/9/2014 6:48:02 AM
Microsoft is competing very well against Sony, especially considering how much longer the Sony playstation brand has been around. After the rrod issue its suprizing the xbox is doing this well.
---
Because Batman is a talentless hack with no powers that needs to hide like a girl to avoid getting shot to s***.dastoOge
#14Miiri0Posted 8/9/2014 6:48:36 AM(edited)
because they charged online play for the whole last console generation. so basically they got no money to use better hardware on xbone. Cant afford better hardware than ps4 that is, because it pretty clear ps4 is way stronger than xbone.
#15Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/9/2014 6:55:28 AM
Because they don't know how to.

Here take a look:
~ Phil Spencer has made a fool of himself twice. Once when he dropped the 499 bomb and made an audible remark backstage and once again at this year's E3, pulling that immature mic drop stunt on twitter, ignorant that the presentation was a near failure, while at the same time acknowledging Jack Tretton's involuntary stunt as an act of superiority. He's also the guy behind that fabled "ownership is morphing" quote when trying to defend the Xbox One DRM.

~ Larry Hryb got ridiculed by an Xbox fan, live. He then made adamant claims that the DRM wasn't going away. And the next freaking day the 180 happened. Nice job.

~ Phil Harrison, a profound failure of an executive in both Atari and Sony, is currently at Microsoft. Due to his legendary incompetence, the press knew exactly which questions to ask, and his statements are among the premier rain of quotes that triggered the international hate on Xbox One.

~ Adam Orth, the #dealwithit guy. He started it all, at least he's #dealingwithit right now.

~ Don Matrick. His post-reveal statements were bad and insulting. "If you care for backwards compatibility, you're really backwards!" is probably a highlight.

Now add to all that all the lies about a fake cloud that is just a bunch of servers, and how they criticized Sony for using a proper cloud, while having the word "butthurt" plastered all over their faces.

And then there's "TV".

Any freaking questions as to why the Xbox One is failing right now?
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#16InjusticeRebornPosted 8/9/2014 6:57:20 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
L96A1BOSS posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

I'm retired :-) at least I'm not a depressed troll seeking attention on boards for consoles I don't own to feel better about my life.

Don't mind BOSS. Popping on this board every now and then (normally during a swarm) and picking up on peoples post counts is his own version of a monthly cycle.
---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
#17youngskillzPosted 8/9/2014 6:59:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#18rafa0506Posted 8/9/2014 7:11:54 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Because they don't know how to.

Here take a look:
~ Phil Spencer has made a fool of himself twice. Once when he dropped the 499 bomb and made an audible remark backstage and once again at this year's E3, pulling that immature mic drop stunt on twitter, ignorant that the presentation was a near failure, while at the same time acknowledging Jack Tretton's involuntary stunt as an act of superiority. He's also the guy behind that fabled "ownership is morphing" quote when trying to defend the Xbox One DRM.

~ Larry Hryb got ridiculed by an Xbox fan, live. He then made adamant claims that the DRM wasn't going away. And the next freaking day the 180 happened. Nice job.

~ Phil Harrison, a profound failure of an executive in both Atari and Sony, is currently at Microsoft. Due to his legendary incompetence, the press knew exactly which questions to ask, and his statements are among the premier rain of quotes that triggered the international hate on Xbox One.

~ Adam Orth, the #dealwithit guy. He started it all, at least he's #dealingwithit right now.

~ Don Matrick. His post-reveal statements were bad and insulting. "If you care for backwards compatibility, you're really backwards!" is probably a highlight.

Now add to all that all the lies about a fake cloud that is just a bunch of servers, and how they criticized Sony for using a proper cloud, while having the word "butthurt" plastered all over their faces.

And then there's "TV".

Any freaking questions as to why the Xbox One is failing right now?

Xbox is failing?

Some guys in suits say something stupid and people are going to ignore their preferred controller, online experience, and games. Most people don't care about silly things like that.

Remember Sony did the same thing last generation.
"People will get 2 jobs to buy our ps3". They ended up doing just fine.
---
Because Batman is a talentless hack with no powers that needs to hide like a girl to avoid getting shot to s***.dastoOge
#19carryonifucanPosted 8/9/2014 7:26:25 AM
It just amazes me how stupid some people can really be.

No company... NO COMPANY wants to lose money.

If their division/project/department/whatever is a constant money drain for them, they can and will cut the fat eventually no matter how much money they have saved up.

If you fanboys would actually think for two seconds, they didn't make all that money by continuously supporting non money making projects. Not to mention the Xbox division isn't what made them those billions.

They are there to make money, not lose it.

It's simple Business 101.

They have the bank that gives them the ability to wait it out for a while, but I'd say there's a big problem with X1 right now unless they can find a way to turn it around.
#20Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/9/2014 7:30:09 AM(edited)
rafa0506 posted...
Some guys in suits say something stupid and people are going to ignore their preferred controller, online experience, and games. Most people don't care about silly things like that.

If any of that were true, then the Xbox One would have an almost 2:1 lead on Playstation 4 as far the US is concerned, much like the 360 over the PS3 did.

Apparently controller preference, online experience and games aren't that important.

And you can't really bring the PS3's turnabout into this, because it was the non-US regions that helped the PS3 surpass the 360. Now unless something spectacular happens at China, the Xbox One has little in the way of means to turn things around.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."