If MS has so much more money than Sony how come they cannot compete better?

#21Kazuya_80Posted 8/9/2014 6:41:24 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
rafa0506 posted...
Some guys in suits say something stupid and people are going to ignore their preferred controller, online experience, and games. Most people don't care about silly things like that.

If any of that were true, then the Xbox One would have an almost 2:1 lead on Playstation 4 as far the US is concerned, much like the 360 over the PS3 did.

Apparently controller preference, online experience and games aren't that important.

And you can't really bring the PS3's turnabout into this, because it was the non-US regions that helped the PS3 surpass the 360. Now unless something spectacular happens at China, the Xbox One has little in the way of means to turn things around.

turn around from what ? the system is already selling better than the 360 was. the ps4's higher sales is similar to wii's higher sales vs the 360 and ps3.
#22rafa0506Posted 8/9/2014 6:43:50 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
rafa0506 posted...
Some guys in suits say something stupid and people are going to ignore their preferred controller, online experience, and games. Most people don't care about silly things like that.

If any of that were true, then the Xbox One would have an almost 2:1 lead on Playstation 4 as far the US is concerned, much like the 360 over the PS3 did.

Apparently controller preference, online experience and games aren't that important.

And you can't really bring the PS3's turnabout into this, because it was the non-US regions that helped the PS3 surpass the 360. Now unless something spectacular happens at China, the Xbox One has little in the way of means to turn things around.

Well the xbox is releasing in more markets in September , so we will see what happens. Also, the big games are still comming so alot of people have yet to switch to the new consoles. And the Xbox doesnt have to out sell Sony it just has to sell well, like sell more units than the 360. My only point is its to early to tell.
---
Because Batman is a talentless hack with no powers that needs to hide like a girl to avoid getting shot to s***.dastoOge
#23InfinityOver0Posted 8/9/2014 7:07:07 AM
mokmuud posted...
Why do people act like Xbox isn't allocated a specific budget?

cause they're stupid and/or trolls
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#24FRo3tBLo0dPosted 8/9/2014 7:13:38 AM
They left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths after the whole E3 reveal. Also, the starting price of the console didn't help. If the X1 was $399 at release, I think they would be closer to Sony. I know of at least five people who bought a PS4 simply because it was cheaper.
#25jord3323Posted 8/9/2014 7:19:05 AM
D33p_Inside posted...
With such deep pockets is it that hard to secure at least a decent number of 5 year exclusive deals, make the console at least 50$ cheaper than the ps4, optimize OS to use less ram so games perform better, and release the system worldwide like sony did with the ps4?

MS can't just expect Halo alone to sell the Xbox one, the Ps4 has something very important that the xbox one doesnt, variety in exclusives(not just a shooter and a driving game) and equally important, value. PS plus is cheaper than xbox live gold and offers more for what you pay.

Come on MS step your game up! I want to buy your console but you've got to give me more reasons to!

They actually can depend on halo and stuff. I play only on ps3/4 unless im playing the xbox exclusives like halo and titanfall.
---
PSN ~ Shadow_Jordan555
Skype~ Fudgaj
#26Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 8/9/2014 7:25:38 AM
FRo3tBLo0d posted...
They left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths after the whole E3 reveal. Also, the starting price of the console didn't help. If the X1 was $399 at release, I think they would be closer to Sony. I know of at least five people who bought a PS4 simply because it was cheaper.

isn't the price still the same for the xbox one with kinect?
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#27Shadow0no0morePosted 8/9/2014 7:39:30 AM
The simple answer is greed. Yes, Microsoft could just outspend Sony and dominate them completely (this is coming from a Playstation fan), but doing so would be costly, and there's only so much money they're willing to spend. It'd take a long time for MS to bounce back from such a spending spree, but yes, if MS wanted to, they could pour money into their machine, and into the pockets of third party developers and gain a monopoly, more or less, on the market. Sony would still have their 1st party exclusives, but it'd never be able to compete.
#28FRo3tBLo0dPosted 8/9/2014 7:43:16 AM(edited)
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
FRo3tBLo0d posted...

isn't the price still the same for the xbox one with kinect?

Yep but most people don't want kinect and Microsoft finally realized that. Which is why they put out the kinect less package.

$100 dollars may not seem like a huge sum of money when you're buying something like a console but it is for a lot of people. I got the X1 on release and if the $399 version was out on release, I 100% would have gotten the $399 kinect less version over the $499 kinect bundle.

Kinect is cool and all for about 20 minutes but it is completely unnecessary and most people DO NOT WANT IT.
#29SetzeraPosted 8/9/2014 7:52:06 AM
It's a business, so unless MS makes a profit, then they don't care about you or anyone else. Sure, they have the money to buy up everything, but they won't do it for the gamers, only the bottom line.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#30FenriswolfPosted 8/9/2014 8:01:58 AM
Shadow0no0more posted...
The simple answer is greed. Yes, Microsoft could just outspend Sony and dominate them completely (this is coming from a Playstation fan), but doing so would be costly, and there's only so much money they're willing to spend. It'd take a long time for MS to bounce back from such a spending spree, but yes, if MS wanted to, they could pour money into their machine, and into the pockets of third party developers and gain a monopoly, more or less, on the market. Sony would still have their 1st party exclusives, but it'd never be able to compete.

And you thinks Sony is in the business because of the kindness of their hearts? LMAO, it funny how people are so quick to forgive their "$599 US dollars" and "work more hours" debacles, and even the 2011 PSN outage when Sony kept quiet for a week before admitting that PSN details were stolen.
---
Hello