This storage is ridiculous

#1Shaolin015Posted 8/9/2014 5:16:18 AM
I have two games. Call of duty and and titanfall. And I have used up half my storage with updates and map packs. What gives with the huge size of these updates and stuff? External hard drives aren't optional, they are needed; only furthering the cost if the xbox one I bought for 500$. Now it's more like 600$ with the purchase of the non included "useful" hard drive
#2kennyynnooPosted 8/9/2014 5:18:07 AM
Meh I spent $50 on 1tb. The cloud saves your games so if you uninstall a old game you can reinstall it and not lose your saves. Its not a big deal.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#3Shaolin015(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 5:25:49 AM
Except I don't want to go through that painfully long install again. If I get a game it should be able to stay on my console. It is a big deal. Ain't nobody got time for that.
#4Puckswack12Posted 8/9/2014 5:25:59 AM
External hard drives are cheap. No need to spend a hundred bucks.
---
Yup
#5SubSeenixPosted 8/9/2014 5:39:44 AM
I think this is why Sony is rumored to put 1TB into the PS4

Just look at Diablo 3 ultimate evil edition in Europe > 63GB as a digital download
WTH?
#6kennyynnooPosted 8/9/2014 5:44:43 AM
How many game do you need at once in your reach? I have 8 games between internal/external he's and 900gb still free with a cheap 1tb HD.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#7ht02135Posted 8/9/2014 5:54:09 AM
Shaolin015 posted...
Except I don't want to go through that painfully long install again. If I get a game it should be able to stay on my console. It is a big deal. Ain't nobody got time for that.

that is why stupid microsoft only have 500gb hdd. and stupid people kept telling me but there is external hdd support.

can i just get the freaking 1.5tb internal hdd so i dont need to worry about external hdd after 1 or 2 yrs down the road. the game is huge, even 1.5tb will fill up pretty fast with all remastered game comming out.
#8ht02135Posted 8/9/2014 5:57:45 AM
Shaolin015 posted...

exactly, a game with 70gb download? that is why any system designed to do digital download NEED SPACE. having a big internal hdd is a MUST. i just dont understand why people have difficulty understand that.

they kept saying, but there is external hdd support??? screw it, you think i want to spend $400 on 500gb weak machine and immediately follow by couple hundred dollar external hdd, then you are crazy or just stupid
#9miethaPosted 8/9/2014 6:01:42 AM
SubSeenix posted...
I think this is why Sony is rumored to put 1TB into the PS4

Just look at Diablo 3 ultimate evil edition in Europe > 63GB as a digital download
WTH?

There is no reason to say "as a digital download". Both systems completely install all games, so it's 63gb, regardless of source. And I'm sure this is a troll topic, but of course 500gb is pointless. So is 1tb. That's why MS allows open storage on 2 external drives up to 16tb total (at a time). That is a HUGE advantage over the PS4 and will only become more-so with time. Remember folks, most games now are effectively last-gen games with purty colors. Once we get to ACTUAL current gen games, you WILL be seeing games, with dlc, taking up 100-150gb each. Sony "you can just swap the hard drive (every six months)" plan is going to look really brilliant then.
#10desert_santaPosted 8/9/2014 6:02:35 AM(edited)
This is why I stuck with physical. No download times required.