This storage is ridiculous

#11PoloMan6Posted 8/9/2014 6:03:12 AM
Someone put out some cheese.
#12PizzatarianPosted 8/9/2014 6:07:26 AM
Shaolin015 posted...
I have two games. Call of duty and and titanfall. And I have used up half my storage with updates and map packs. What gives with the huge size of these updates and stuff? External hard drives aren't optional, they are needed; only furthering the cost if the xbox one I bought for 500$. Now it's more like 600$ with the purchase of the non included "useful" hard drive

They are optional since you could always delete and reinstall/re-download games whenever. It may not be very convenient, but it still not mandatory. And besides, I have Ryse, Titanfall, KI, Strike Suit Zero, Crimson Dragon, Halo: Spartan Assault, Max: the Curse of Brotherhood, Guacamelee, and a bunch of apps installed on my console with just over 260 GB's free.
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#13miethaPosted 8/9/2014 6:08:21 AM
desert_santa posted...
This is why I stuck with physical. No download times required.

You are aware your post has nothing to do with the topic, right? "Physical" games still have to install, and take up the same space, which, you know, was the topic...
#14lunchbox2042Posted 8/9/2014 6:23:20 AM
desert_santa posted...

Have you seen how long it takes to install an Xbox One game? I'm pretty sure my PC can download and install the same length game in a shorter amount of time.
#15desert_santaPosted 8/9/2014 6:56:56 AM
mietha posted...
desert_santa posted...

You are aware your post has nothing to do with the topic, right? "Physical" games still have to install, and take up the same space, which, you know, was the topic...

True I suppose.
#16desert_santaPosted 8/9/2014 7:11:41 AM
lunchbox2042 posted...
desert_santa posted...

Have you seen how long it takes to install an Xbox One game? I'm pretty sure my PC can download and install the same length game in a shorter amount of time.

Regarding download times I can't say as I rarely buy pc games from steam. Seem the same to me in my limited experience for all systems. Thought it would depend on your internet connection.

Yes the install times on the Xbox one are slow but I don't see the big deal as the only system in existence that has a ridiculously fast install is the ps4.

I do understand TC's gripe about storage space though.
#17AzaneAzerPosted 8/9/2014 7:22:15 AM(edited)
desert_santa posted...

Ya, all those Physical DLCs

Pizzatarian posted...

They are optional since you could always delete and reinstall/re-download games whenever. It may not be very convenient, but it still not mandatory. And besides, I have Ryse, Titanfall, KI, Strike Suit Zero, Crimson Dragon, Halo: Spartan Assault, Max: the Curse of Brotherhood, Guacamelee, and a bunch of apps installed on my console with just over 260 GB's free.

My 360 had only the 10 gig HDD and it was one of those models that sounded like a jet engine if you played without installing, and the inconvenience of not being able to have more than 1 disc installed at a time, and the swap time between it, made me quit playing my 360, Im sure the Xbone is even worse in that regard, considering they messed something major up in the install codings.
#18phillyeagleflysPosted 8/9/2014 7:21:33 AM
Installs aren't that long. But the digital download plus install takes forever. But you are downloading a 60gb file. It's not instantanious.
---
XBL maniacmatt1782, PSN ManiacMatt1782,
Youtube ManiacMatt1782
#19wrettcaughnPosted 8/9/2014 7:25:54 AM
Shaolin015 posted...
I have two games. Call of duty and and titanfall. And I have used up half my storage with updates and map packs.

No you haven't.

I had 20 games installed, 10 of which were full retail titles, and still had over 35% remaining. You didn't use up over 200GB between those two games and DLC...
---
GT: wrettcaughn
#20desert_santaPosted 8/9/2014 8:03:29 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
desert_santa posted...

Ya, all those Physical DLCs

Pizzatarian posted...

My 360 had only the 10 gig HDD and it was one of those models that sounded like a jet engine if you played without installing, and the inconvenience of not being able to have more than 1 disc installed at a time, and the swap time between it, made me quit playing my 360, Im sure the Xbone is even worse in that regard, considering they messed something major up in the install codings.

I suppose this would upset me if I thought add on dlc was worth the money. Please bear in mind I don't game much online though.