This storage is ridiculous

#21Shaolin015(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 9:11:51 AM
From what I've seen and read on the internet, xbox's updates are huge. A gig here a gig there. Dead rising had a 7 gig update. Ps4 updates are 300mb at best. What's the deal?
#22PizzatarianPosted 8/9/2014 9:58:44 AM
Shaolin015 posted...
From what I've seen and read on the internet, xbox's updates are huge. A gig here a gig there. Dead rising had a 7 gig update. Ps4 updates are 300mb at best. What's the deal?

For one, ask the developers because game updates have almost nothing to do with Microsoft. Secondly, it's not like these huge updates add on to the existing file size unless it is of course a DLC pack, like with Dead Rising 3. Most of the updates are to fix bugs that are contained within a game, which means it would just be replacing lines of code. Even the monthly Xbox One OS updates are only 350 Mb, so I don't even know what you are talking about or where you are getting this information from.
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#23FinzFan4lifePosted 8/9/2014 10:03:41 AM
Shaolin015 posted...
I have two games. Call of duty and and titanfall. And I have used up half my storage with updates and map packs. What gives with the huge size of these updates and stuff? External hard drives aren't optional, they are needed; only furthering the cost if the xbox one I bought for 500$. Now it's more like 600$ with the purchase of the non included "useful" hard drive

Except updates rewrite code and don't take up extra space I have like 18 games plus TF map packs and still have space.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#24gogogodzillaPosted 8/9/2014 10:04:58 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
How many game do you need at once in your reach? I have 8 games between internal/external he's and 900gb still free with a cheap 1tb HD.

These are the words of a non-gamer.

Gamers want all their games in reach... and tend to have a lot of them.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#25xcmon3yx2Posted 8/9/2014 11:07:12 AM
desert_santa posted...
lunchbox2042 posted...
desert_santa posted...
This is why I stuck with physical. No download times required.

Have you seen how long it takes to install an Xbox One game? I'm pretty sure my PC can download and install the same length game in a shorter amount of time.

Regarding download times I can't say as I rarely buy pc games from steam. Seem the same to me in my limited experience for all systems. Thought it would depend on your internet connection.

Yes the install times on the Xbox one are slow but I don't see the big deal as the only system in existence that has a ridiculously fast install is the ps4.

I do understand TC's gripe about storage space though.

Steam is several times faster, XBL downloads are painfully slow
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777, (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)
#26duericPosted 8/9/2014 11:09:25 AM
It is ridiculous, TC. Really no way to sugarcoat it.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#27SnickleseedPosted 8/9/2014 5:24:24 PM
Microsoft must have interest in the ISPs that enforce bandwidth caps
---
not changing this sig until "being an idiot" is a moderation reason
#28Troll_DirectoryPosted 8/9/2014 5:39:25 PM
Shaolin015 posted...
Except I don't want to go through that painfully long install again.
why would you go through the installation again? you're adding storage space, not replacing it.
#29elbarto1Posted 8/9/2014 5:55:30 PM
It's so they can sell us a 1tb model at Xmas time. Then a 2tb model later on.

I'm just going to open mine up and slap a big boy hdd in once I'm out of warranty.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#30Goregasm17Posted 8/9/2014 6:18:16 PM
SubSeenix posted...
I think this is why Sony is rumored to put 1TB into the PS4

Just look at Diablo 3 ultimate evil edition in Europe > 63GB as a digital download
WTH?

Considering the vanilla game of Diablo 3 is only 16GB on the PC. Why in the hell are the downloads so ridiculous for these new consoles? I'm pretty computer suave and I cannot comprehend why they're so large.