This storage is ridiculous

#31kennyynnooPosted 8/9/2014 6:44:45 PM
gogogodzilla posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
How many game do you need at once in your reach? I have 8 games between internal/external he's and 900gb still free with a cheap 1tb HD.

These are the words of a non-gamer.

Gamers want all their games in reach... and tend to have a lot of them.

I can fit probably 20-25 games on 1.5tb's based on having 10 now on and 25% full. I'm an organized gamer, after I beat SP games I uninstall and know what to play next or reinstall as needed. Its about organization.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#32Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/9/2014 7:21:04 PM
Anyone have any recommendations for a 2TB hard disk drive that is extremely fast?

I remember reading that 7200 RPM is better than 5600 RPM but I have no idea what that means at all. Someone care to explain? Is there anything better than 7200 RPM? And is there anything else I should look into when I buy an External HDD?
---
hey foo
hey foo
#33Crystyn_7BPosted 8/9/2014 7:22:15 PM
Cows Go Hisssss posted...
Anyone have any recommendations for a 2TB hard disk drive that is extremely fast?

I remember reading that 7200 RPM is better than 5600 RPM but I have no idea what that means at all. Someone care to explain? Is there anything better than 7200 RPM? And is there anything else I should look into when I buy an External HDD?

An SSD is better than a 7200 RPM HDD.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#34Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/9/2014 7:23:32 PM(edited)
Crystyn_7B posted...
Cows Go Hisssss posted...

An SSD is better than a 7200 RPM HDD.

What is an SSD? And does it work with Xbox Ones?
---
hey foo
hey foo
#35elbarto1Posted 8/9/2014 8:03:35 PM
Solid State Drive. It's flash memory as opposed to spinning a magnetic platter.

No moving parts, less heat, less power consumption, faster read times.

Very expensive for large storage units.

Yes they work w xbone.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#36Syn_VengeancePosted 8/9/2014 9:31:59 PM
Shaolin015 posted...
I have two games. Call of duty and and titanfall. And I have used up half my storage with updates and map packs. What gives with the huge size of these updates and stuff? External hard drives aren't optional, they are needed; only furthering the cost if the xbox one I bought for 500$. Now it's more like 600$ with the purchase of the non included "useful" hard drive

How is that even possible? I have COD Ghosts with the season pass + Weapon and character skins, Battlefield 4 with premium, Plants vs Zombies, Amazing Spider-Man 2 + DLC, Wolfenstein, Guacamelee, Halo Spartan Assault, Strike suit Zero, Max, Project Spark beta and Crimson Dragon on my hard drive and it's at 56% full.

TL;DR: You are lying.
---
Death reveals to man what he really is..
Gamertag: Syn Vengeance0
#37archibald3Posted 8/9/2014 9:48:58 PM
mietha posted...
There is no reason to say "as a digital download". Both systems completely install all games, so it's 63gb, regardless of source. And I'm sure this is a troll topic, but of course 500gb is pointless. So is 1tb. That's why MS allows open storage on 2 external drives up to 16tb total (at a time). That is a HUGE advantage over the PS4 and will only become more-so with time. Remember folks, most games now are effectively last-gen games with purty colors. Once we get to ACTUAL current gen games, you WILL be seeing games, with dlc, taking up 100-150gb each. Sony "you can just swap the hard drive (every six months)" plan is going to look really brilliant then.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
#38XboxDruggiePosted 8/9/2014 10:10:26 PM
Goregasm17 posted...

Considering the vanilla game of Diablo 3 is only 16GB on the PC. Why in the hell are the downloads so ridiculous for these new consoles? I'm pretty computer suave and I cannot comprehend why they're so large.

Now this is definitely a concern; if the PC version of Diablo III is only 16GB then why/how in the hell is Xbox One's 63GB? I haven't checked the sizes, only going on what others have stated in this topic. That just doesn't make sense... The only way I see this having any kind of logic is if PC only installs necessary files AND the disc is needed to play, while Xbox One is installing the complete and entire game.

As for the gripe of the Xbox One's storage I agree that 500GB is a joke. Currently installed on my Xbox One is: Battlefield 4 w/ Premium, Dead Rising 3, Halo: Spartan Assault, Kinect Rivals, Plants vs. Zombies: GW, Thief, Watch_Dogs, Titan Fall w/ Season Pass, Powerstar Golf, Max: Curse of Brotherhood, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, & Crimson Dragon. With all that installed there's 130GB remaining; so yes I'm going to be in the market shortly to purchase an external storage drive.

Microsoft needs to really upgrade the drives in their consoles!
---
XBL NocturnalFreak
Too weird to live, Too rare to die!
#39XboxDruggiePosted 8/9/2014 10:13:54 PM
elbarto1 posted...
Solid State Drive. It's flash memory as opposed to spinning a magnetic platter.

No moving parts, less heat, less power consumption, faster read times.

Very expensive for large storage units.

Yes they work w xbone.

However, won't SSD be a bad choice due to constantly writing to the disk and that's SSDs only con; losing available space over time due to writing to the disc?
---
XBL NocturnalFreak
Too weird to live, Too rare to die!
#40StrongBlackVinePosted 8/10/2014 1:55:12 AM
Goregasm17 posted...
SubSeenix posted...
I think this is why Sony is rumored to put 1TB into the PS4

Just look at Diablo 3 ultimate evil edition in Europe > 63GB as a digital download
WTH?

Considering the vanilla game of Diablo 3 is only 16GB on the PC. Why in the hell are the downloads so ridiculous for these new consoles? I'm pretty computer suave and I cannot comprehend why they're so large.

The European version has bunch of language packs that the U.S. version doesn't contain. Each language is about 4GB.