This storage is ridiculous

#41miethaPosted 8/10/2014 2:29:11 AM
BTW, I hooked up by 5tb external tonight. It took longer to open the box than it did to hook up and format. The Ponies can keep their "you can just swap the internal and then spend the next 12 hours while the files transfer" BS, I'll take the system where the storage doesn't suck, thank you very much.
#422006_Posted 8/10/2014 2:29:57 AM
You know, I wonder what makes these game install sizes so huge? Uncompressed audio?
#43lunaticcorePosted 8/10/2014 2:35:11 AM
External drives are really nice for taking your entire game collection to your buddies house as well.

I mean now that technology has got to a point where you have to install games either way, its nice to still be able to carry your games around with you without installing it on every single friend's Xbox.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#44Viper187666Posted 8/10/2014 7:05:24 AM
mietha posted...
SubSeenix posted...
I think this is why Sony is rumored to put 1TB into the PS4

Just look at Diablo 3 ultimate evil edition in Europe > 63GB as a digital download
WTH?

There is no reason to say "as a digital download". Both systems completely install all games, so it's 63gb, regardless of source. And I'm sure this is a troll topic, but of course 500gb is pointless. So is 1tb. That's why MS allows open storage on 2 external drives up to 16tb total (at a time). That is a HUGE advantage over the PS4 and will only become more-so with time. Remember folks, most games now are effectively last-gen games with purty colors. Once we get to ACTUAL current gen games, you WILL be seeing games, with dlc, taking up 100-150gb each. Sony "you can just swap the hard drive (every six months)" plan is going to look really brilliant then.

Dude. The games last gen were HD (720P) and rarely broke 12GB with DLC. How the hell could you possibly think a small upgrade in resolution would justify the games being 10 times the size? You obviously know nothing of computers. They're never going to add enough real content to make games that size this gen. They only way they might use anywhere near that amount of space is due to being completely inefficient about it. Like the fact Sniper Elite 3 got a 10GB update on XB1 while the same update was only 400MB on PS4. Hell, Squaresoft could probably remake FF7 in 1080P and still not break 50GB.
---
Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#45Viper187666Posted 8/10/2014 7:07:34 AM
lunaticcore posted...
External drives are really nice for taking your entire game collection to your buddies house as well.

I mean now that technology has got to a point where you have to install games either way, its nice to still be able to carry your games around with you without installing it on every single friend's Xbox.

The only reason we have to install is because they refuse to give up the optical drives. Flash media is cheap now. Why can't we get the games on flash drives and load directly from those? It'd be even faster loading than the junk internal HDD can do. If they offered the games that way, even at $10 or $20 more, I'd definitely go for it.
---
Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#46VirobotPosted 8/10/2014 7:24:25 AM
Goregasm17 posted...
SubSeenix posted...

Just look at Diablo 3 ultimate evil edition in Europe > 63GB as a digital download
WTH?

Considering the vanilla game of Diablo 3 is only 16GB on the PC. Why in the hell are the downloads so ridiculous for these new consoles? I'm pretty computer suave and I cannot comprehend why they're so large.

Haha! Lol! I just had to laugh at that.
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
This is a PSX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console) |||| It's not a PS1!!!!!!!!
#47Jiggy101011Posted 8/10/2014 7:33:33 AM
Shaolin015 posted...
I have two games. Call of duty and and titanfall. And I have used up half my storage with updates and map packs. What gives with the huge size of these updates and stuff? External hard drives aren't optional, they are needed; only furthering the cost if the xbox one I bought for 500$. Now it's more like 600$ with the purchase of the non included "useful" hard drive

Your math doesn't add up. How much of your storage space is actually left? If you go into my games/apps it will tell you. I too have call of duty and titanfall installed with maps and along with 9 other games installed I have 35% remaining.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Max Payne 3, The Last Of Us, Assassins Creed IV
#48facetioussagePosted 8/10/2014 9:03:28 AM
Virobot posted...
Goregasm17 posted...
SubSeenix posted...

WTH?

Considering the vanilla game of Diablo 3 is only 16GB on the PC. Why in the hell are the downloads so ridiculous for these new consoles? I'm pretty computer suave and I cannot comprehend why they're so large.

Haha! Lol! I just had to laugh at that.

I got a chuckle out of that, too.

We know he meant "savvy"...but I kinda like the mistake. I totally picture a cartoon cat sidling up to it's computer and speaking in a low and seductive voice.
---
I don't hate you. I wouldn't push you into the path of a moving train. I just don't like you; so I wouldn't pull you out of the way, either.