A survey for you (and you and you)

#1QueskerPosted 8/9/2014 4:41:00 AM(edited)
Hello. I have some questions to ask of you:

1 - What are you most excited for this year and why?
2 - How long have you been gaming, and how did you get into gaming?
3 - What hooks you to get a game the most?

Please explain all of these questions in as much detail as possible. Thank you in advance.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#2Quesker(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 4:48:41 PM
Bump.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#3GhostInTheEvaPosted 8/9/2014 5:16:29 PM
1. Master Chief Collection because it's my favorite game series
2. Started when I was 3 on the dreamcast. First mature game was halo in 2001.
3. Story and Setting
#4BDJaycePosted 8/9/2014 5:26:42 PM
1. Dragon Age Inquisition because I love RPGs and, as far as I can tell, it's the best RPG coming for a while.

2. I can't remember the exact age 4-5, it was with the NES back in 1988 or something like that. My dad was playing Final Fantasy 1 and I was really hooked watching him play it and started playing on my own shortly after.

3. Story is a key element in what hooks me into a game. Then it needs a good setting and decent gameplay elements.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#5kennyynnooPosted 8/9/2014 5:35:10 PM
1 - Forza Horizon 2, it was literally my dream game. Open world, racing, car modifying.
2 - 1988, Atari 2600 I believe
3 - The atmosphere/world created for it first. If I don't like the setting I won't like the game.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#6roadsoupPosted 8/9/2014 5:38:09 PM
1. Sunset Overdrive. This game just looks mad fun to me.
2. First console in the house (1976) was a Odyssey 300 pong machine (it was my brothers), my first console came two years later when I got the Atari 2600 (1978) for Christmas.
3. Fun. I don't have a genre preference, I just want to play fun games.
---
---GT: r0ads0up
The stupid, it burns!
#7Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/9/2014 6:17:17 PM

Halo Master Chief Collection. Halo 2 was the first online game (besides Runescape) that I sank hundreds of hours into. Halo 2 Online was some of the best months of my entire life, and now I get to relive it this coming November.

I first played consoles at my cousins and uncles houses. I played N64 at my cousins houses, and the Playstation at my uncles house. I got a PSone (the small version of the original PlayStation) on Christmas the year 2000. It was my first console. My first games were Team Buddies, Gauntlet (which was on the Atari Playstation collection), Final Fantasy 8 and 9. I played a bunch of other games too but those ones were my very first. My next console was the original Xbox in Christmas 2003 (or 2002, I don't remember anymore). Then the Xbox 360 in 2007 because Halo 3. Then the Kinect Xbox 360 S in 2010. Finally, the Xbox One in July 2014.

So a short version of my history:

PS1 --> Xbox --> Xbox 360 --> Xbox 360 Kinect --> Xbox One

The single player provides me with the initial hook. Excellent multiplayer makes the game last longer for me. I buy every game outright that has an extremely high Metacritic rating or extremely high sales. I also try out every game I can through demos, gameplay videos, word of mouth, and trials and get the ones that appeal to me the most. Assasin's Creed 1 got an 81 on Metacritic (which is not that high of a score) and it was one of my favorite games of all time. Because of that, I am willing to at least try out any 'low' rated game. I never know what I'm really gonna like.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#8micheal82Posted 8/9/2014 6:27:16 PM
1. Sunset Overdrive because it's a new IP and it looks like it is going to be fun.
2.Since the late 80's when my mother got me a NES for christmas and I've been a gamer ever since.
3.A good story is what first hooks me to a game and a strong multiplayer is what keeps me coming back.
---
It's Clobbering Time
Best in the World
#9hoggys2much99Posted 8/9/2014 8:00:21 PM
Quesker posted...
Hello. I have some questions to ask of you:

Please explain all of these questions in as much detail as possible. Thank you in advance.

1. Lego Batman 3 on the 360. Reason (WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT) The entire 1960's Batman TV series cast is going to be in it. You can play as Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Catwoman, The Joker (complete with mustache) The Penguin and The Riddler as they appeared in the TV series. Also Adam West is going to be a playable character.

2. I have been gaming since 1978 when I was 4 years old. My first console was the Atari VCS (2600 didn't come out until 1982) and I have been gaming ever since man and boy.

3. Not really sure. I just tend to play games that I like the look of. My fave genre's are TPS, Action/Adventure and Hack 'n' Slash games. Also I like games with hot female main characters.
---
GT: hoggys2much
Don't **** with a Witch - Bayonetta
#10vashkeyPosted 8/9/2014 8:33:35 PM
1- Bayonetta 2. Because everything else looks bad
2 - Memories of playing with the NES are some of the oldest I retain. Gen 6 kinda sold me on gaming though
3.- Good gameplay, charm and unique premise