Best Gaming Headset X1

#1maximoPosted 8/9/2014 7:30:19 AM
I am thinking about getting the Turtle Beach XO Sevens but I am getting conflicting reports a to whether or not these are surround sound. If they are then are they 7.1?

Can anyone confirm this please?

Also, does anyone know if there are any better headphones out there?

Money is not a problem. I am jut looking for the bext headsets money can buy that are compatible with the X1.

thx
---
Sir Ben Kingsley - "I'm sure he's not representative of all you Spanish people"
#2Hucast9Posted 8/9/2014 7:43:54 AM
Explain to me why you want to use a headset? Do you want to hear footsteps in games? Be a man and be honest.
#3maximo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 7:47:51 AM
Hucast9 posted...
Explain to me why you want to use a headset? Do you want to hear footsteps in games? Be a man and be honest.

sigh
---
#4Shura_SurplicePosted 8/9/2014 7:51:09 AM(edited)
maximo posted...
Hucast9 posted...

sigh

Stay away from TB models for the X1, they are not as good as the models for the 360.
I recommend the Phantom or Tango, if you want a wired one the and nice bass the tritton 720+.
#5heedtheninja67Posted 8/9/2014 8:52:16 AM(edited)
They're not surround. You need to buy their DSS2 or an Astro mixamp for simulated surround. Sennheiser's are pretty top of the line and I use the PC360, though they just came out with the G4ME ONE. If price isn't an issue, I'd get one of those with an Astro mixamp and an Xbox chat adapter if you want to talk on it.
#6McNabFishPosted 8/9/2014 9:48:07 AM
Hucast9 posted...

Some people game at night funnily enough.
---
You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
#7maximo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 7:02:24 PM
heedtheninja67 posted...
They're not surround. You need to buy their DSS2 or an Astro mixamp for simulated surround. Sennheiser's are pretty top of the line and I use the PC360, though they just came out with the G4ME ONE. If price isn't an issue, I'd get one of those with an Astro mixamp and an Xbox chat adapter if you want to talk on it.

thx mate
---
#8velvet_hammerPosted 8/9/2014 7:15:15 PM
"Best gaming headset"
Astro
Turtle beach

Pick one
---
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw