I've just realised, consoles aren't longer made for YOU, the passionate gamer.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I've just realised, consoles aren't longer made for YOU, the passionate gamer.
1 year ago#11
Jedi454 posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
And you call me negative, Jedi. Lately it's like you've been replaced by a PC "master race" troll. Which kind of amuses me, actually... lol Keep it up!! =)

Lol, i'm just looking at stuff from a realistic perspective. My eyes have been opened up to see what is really going on with the future and present of gaming.

Consoles are always a limiting factor, it's just that PC used to be such a hassle and miss so many games. Neither of those negatives is true anymore. I told yah mane, I told yah. I used to be a strict PC hater. Still hate kb+m controls in fact. Great platform if you have decent mid-range or better hardware. Teh freedom...
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
1 year ago#12
The Xbox One clearly wasn't made for playing games but somehow I have never ever watched any movie with my PS4, Xbox One or Wii U.

They're all fine as consoles.
- the Xbox One is overpriced and its UI sucks
- the Wii U lacks games, sucks with so many controllers, is overpriced and its UI has to be the worse I have seen in a game console, ever.
1 year ago#13
kyncani posted...
The Xbox One clearly wasn't made for playing games but somehow I have never ever watched any movie with my PS4, Xbox One or Wii U.

They're all fine as consoles.
- the Xbox One is overpriced and its UI sucks
- the Wii U lacks games, sucks with so many controllers, is overpriced and its UI has to be the worse I have seen in a game console, ever.

What i'm trying to say is gaming with these consoles is no longer the primary focus.
---
The new TMNT movie looks like garbage.
1 year ago#14
i could ramble about this for hours. i respect your opinions jedi, i really do. but i think there are too many people looking at this all wrong.

when i look at my xbox i see a games console. it plays games. games i want to play. that is why i bought it. there are more games coming that i want to play. as a convenience, my games console does other things too; movies, tv, music. i do not doubt for one second that it is a games console because of these conveniences. or the continued support for the console by the manufacturer and software developers meaning there will be a steady stream of games i want to play

when i look at the ps4, i see a games console. it plays games. games i want to play. there are games coming that i want to play. there are less of both of these than on the xbox, which is why i havent bought one. the ps4 does other things too; movies, tv, music. i do not doubt for one second that it is a games console because of these conveniences. or the continued support for the console by the manufacturer and software developers meaning there will be a steady stream of games.

when i look at a smart phone, i see a mobile communication device. it plays games. games i want to play. there are games coming that i want to play. the phone does other things too; movies, tv, music. i do not doubt for one second that it is a mobile phone because of these conveniences. or the continued support for the phone by the manufacturer and software developers meaning there will be a steady stream of games and other features.

the wider market does want devices that have multiple functions, some of which are wildly different from their primary function. it does not negate the primary function of the device. but it does add worth and value to it that those looking to buy said device may use to make a purchasing decision upon. but be in no doubt, the buyer still buys a device, first and foremost, for its primary function, and as such, that is still the primary focus for the manufacturer.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
1 year ago#15
Jedi454 posted...

it was the cheapest Blu-ray player on the market for it's time and it didn't sell anywhere near as well as the Xbox 360, but the Blu-ray player and Multimedia alone drove lots of sales.

Wut!?
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
1 year ago#16
nableet posted...
Jedi454 posted...

it was the cheapest Blu-ray player on the market for it's time and it didn't sell anywhere near as well as the Xbox 360, but the Blu-ray player and Multimedia alone drove lots of sales.

Wut!?

About the PS3? The Blu-Ray thing is true.
---
KI: Fulgore/Orchid, USFIV: Bison/Evil Ryu/Makoto
1 year ago#17
I agree with most of your points.

These consoles aren't made to last a long time.
Last generations, the consoles always had near top of the line graphics cards (or equivalents), this gen, it's not even close.

https://i.imgur.com/HpU7M0P.png

Both companies tried going for cheap devices so they wouldn't start out this gen with a huge loss.

I bought a PS4 a couple of months ago, but so far I've only used it for 4 games and I probably won't use it again until some decent exclusive comes out because I play most of my games on PC.

I'll most likely be getting an Xbox One if there's an exclusive there that interests me (Scalebound has a good chance of being that game).

But besides exclusives, I personally don't see any reason to get either console.
1 year ago#18
Robin_Mask posted...
nableet posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Wut!?

it is. its also half the reason that the blu-ray won the HD war over HD-DVD
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
1 year ago#19
Robin_Mask posted...
nableet posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Wut!?

I know it sold well as a Blu ray player, I'm more querying the "didn't sell anywhere near as well as the 360" part?
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
1 year ago#20
Seriously, the Wii and FTP mobile games dominating the market for years didn't clue you in to that? Gaming hasn't been for "gamers" in almost a decade.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I've just realised, consoles aren't longer made for YOU, the passionate gamer.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived