I've just realised, consoles aren't longer made for YOU, the passionate gamer.

#21miethaPosted 8/9/2014 12:13:09 PM
nableet posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
nableet posted...
Jedi454 posted...

it was the cheapest Blu-ray player on the market for it's time and it didn't sell anywhere near as well as the Xbox 360, but the Blu-ray player and Multimedia alone drove lots of sales.

Wut!?

About the PS3? The Blu-Ray thing is true.

I know it sold well as a Blu ray player, I'm more querying the "didn't sell anywhere near as well as the 360" part?

Worldwide, the PS3 outsold the 360 JUST barely. In the US, however, the 360 outsold the PS3 almost 2 to 1.
#22MixorzPosted 8/9/2014 12:31:28 PM
People piss and moan about consoles focusing more on apps, or TV, or whatever; neglecting the fact that they still play games. It's 2014, consoles should be able to do more than play games.

PCs potentially have more apps and features than consoles do. Hurr PCs are not for gamers.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#23mhunterchumpPosted 8/9/2014 12:35:06 PM
Jedi454 posted...
kyncani posted...
The Xbox One clearly wasn't made for playing games but somehow I have never ever watched any movie with my PS4, Xbox One or Wii U.

They're all fine as consoles.
- the Xbox One is overpriced and its UI sucks
- the Wii U lacks games, sucks with so many controllers, is overpriced and its UI has to be the worse I have seen in a game console, ever.

What i'm trying to say is gaming with these consoles is no longer the primary focus.

Since when was gaming the primary focus on PC's?

I actually agree with some of your points but then all your arguments go out the door when you say "that's why im switching to PC." I'm pretty sure most people that buy PC's use them for other things and not gaming.

You can't say consoles suck because they do things other than gaming and then say that's why I'm going to PC!?!?
---
PSN/Xbox One: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#24Juzten76Posted 8/9/2014 1:15:30 PM
mhunterchump posted...
Jedi454 posted...
kyncani posted...
The Xbox One clearly wasn't made for playing games but somehow I have never ever watched any movie with my PS4, Xbox One or Wii U.

- the Wii U lacks games, sucks with so many controllers, is overpriced and its UI has to be the worse I have seen in a game console, ever.

What i'm trying to say is gaming with these consoles is no longer the primary focus.

Since when was gaming the primary focus on PC's?

I actually agree with some of your points but then all your arguments go out the door when you say "that's why im switching to PC." I'm pretty sure most people that buy PC's use them for other things and not gaming.

You can't say consoles suck because they do things other than gaming and then say that's why I'm going to PC!?!?

This! I'm glad someone else caught that.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#25kyncaniPosted 8/9/2014 1:23:50 PM
Jedi454 posted...
kyncani posted...

Well, the Xbox One is clearly the worse offender in that regard, trying to sell me TV features everywhere I go or the latest game or DLC that is just way overpriced.
Play games and get good deals, that is all I want, pretty basic I think.
Sony and Nintendo each have their own quirks but are very much focused on games.
Steam, of course, is games only and doing a very good job at it.
#26InfinityOver0Posted 8/9/2014 1:24:32 PM
you just now realized that? x1 is the poster child for that. where were you last E3?
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#27Garage_ManPosted 8/9/2014 1:33:38 PM
Wow nwever thought I'd see the day....

Well be prepped, PC is going to hit your wallet very hard the first few years. My steam account has been growing at crazy rates. I have so many games I don't actually know what to play.
#28Bryant187Posted 8/9/2014 1:34:00 PM
Despite the Hate your getting TC, there is logic in this. If you haven't noticed, things like PS Plus, PS Now, Games with Gold and now EA Access are showing eventually we will no longer own games but just rent them instead.
---
Gamertag - ChaoticBryant
If you don't like the things I say or do, please don't blame me. Blame your parents for raising a pansy.
#29Robin_MaskPosted 8/9/2014 2:03:39 PM
Bryant187 posted...
Despite the Hate your getting TC, there is logic in this. If you haven't noticed, things like PS Plus, PS Now, Games with Gold and now EA Access are showing eventually we will no longer own games but just rent them instead.

I blame that on whiners who want everything free.
---
KI: Fulgore/Orchid, USFIV: Bison/Evil Ryu/Makoto
#30ILikesCheesePosted 8/9/2014 2:11:44 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
nableet posted...
Jedi454 posted...

it was the cheapest Blu-ray player on the market for it's time and it didn't sell anywhere near as well as the Xbox 360, but the Blu-ray player and Multimedia alone drove lots of sales.

Wut!?

About the PS3? The Blu-Ray thing is true.

I think he s referencing the fact that five minutes after the PS3 launched, Blu Ray Player prices dropped dramatically. I bought my first one in late 2007/early2008 for a little over $200.

And of course everyone knows that the PS3 has sold more consoles than the XBox 360 AND in a year's less time on the market except for Jedi.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?