•Runs cooler and more quiet
•Better multiplayer on exclusive games
•Achievement system is better
•Media advantages

Advantages of PS4 for me
•Slightly better graphics
•More powerful
•Good single player exclusives

And of course this is all in my opinion, not facts.

---
RIP DP, gonna miss you bro! "Bwahhhhh" - Me
http://dragonsdogma.tumblr.com/post/20794618336
#22eastofeastsidePosted 8/9/2014 11:01:27 AM
Superior platform with real potential to be next-gen in its OS in digital distribution and dedicated servers, and beyond gaming tied to the ecosystem of Windows with universal apps and cloud powered services of the future.

The reason Sony went all in trying to gain the minor graphics advantage is because it has literally nothing in the long term against what Xbox One in its full potential has to offer.

ESRAM exploitation techniques, tile rendering and DX12 and will close that graphics gap and, in the case of cloud (Crackdown), shift in favor of Xbox One.
#23Shik_stickPosted 8/9/2014 11:07:08 AM
eastofeastside posted...
Superior platform with real potential to be next-gen in its OS in digital distribution and dedicated servers, and beyond gaming tied to the ecosystem of Windows with universal apps and cloud powered services of the future.

The reason Sony went all in trying to gain the minor graphics advantage is because it has literally nothing in the long term against what Xbox One in its full potential has to offer.

ESRAM exploitation techniques, tile rendering and DX12 and will close that graphics gap and, in the case of cloud (Crackdown), shift in favor of Xbox One.

lol wow...what kind of kool-aid are you drinking? MS has no long term plan. They are still trying to lay a foundation for this gen since everything they have done since reveal has been disastrous.

Quit buying in to the buzz words MS throws around. Pretty much everybody in the industry who knows anything at all have said that ALL of those things you mentioned: ESRAM, DX12, Cloud etc. will do very little for the Xbox one and NOT do anything to close the gap between it and the PS4.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#24crucialPosted 8/9/2014 11:10:20 AM
No doubt in my mind 3 years from now it will be even or close to even,it really does not matter to me since I own them all but X1 will be a powerhouse this gen more so then the 360,Sony is smart though they pretty much copied the 360 and made a 360 2.0,powerful,cheap hardware,good online plan and made it a dudebro machine,MS is looking beyond that which is digital with a crap ton of features.
#25pnut3844Posted 8/9/2014 11:11:13 AM
This topic has been done to death. No one system is better than the next. There's pros and cons to all. It's all preference. Imo, I like xbox one bc it had the best controller, the online service is the best, kinect is badass and hopefully will be utilized a lot more this next year, as you said it runs so quiet you can barely hear it, and it has MCC.
---
A good game is a good game, regardless of system, res, framerate, and sales. Same goes for systems.
#26pnut3844Posted 8/9/2014 11:12:29 AM
Shik_stick posted...
eastofeastside posted...

lol wow...what kind of kool-aid are you drinking? MS has no long term plan. They are still trying to lay a foundation for this gen since everything they have done since reveal has been disastrous.

Quit buying in to the buzz words MS throws around. Pretty much everybody in the industry who knows anything at all have said that ALL of those things you mentioned: ESRAM, DX12, Cloud etc. will do very little for the Xbox one and NOT do anything to close the gap between it and the PS4.

No long term? Apparently you didn't see e3. Go educate yourself.
---
A good game is a good game, regardless of system, res, framerate, and sales. Same goes for systems.
#27orestes1981Posted 8/9/2014 11:14:34 AM
Hardware wise---The PS4 console is superior to the Xbox One console. That is a fact.

Everything else? That is just personal preference.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#28orestes1981Posted 8/9/2014 11:20:02 AM
pnut3844 posted...
Shik_stick posted...
eastofeastside posted...

No long term? Apparently you didn't see e3. Go educate yourself.

Educate himself on third party developers parring down PS4 versions of games to make it appear more equal until the PS4 gets an overwhelming lead...and those third party developers will make the Xbox One version an afterthought (or not even release it on the system)?

In the best case, a multi-platform game on the Xbox One will be equal to the PS4 version. At worst, it will be inferior. If there is a disparity in console versions of games, the superior version will be on the PS4.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#29richboy900Posted 8/9/2014 11:20:40 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Forza for me....where's Gran Turismo hiding?

Who needs gran turismo when forza's the better racer. Tbh though I'd buy both games if I had both consoles- Gt after a price drop however.
#30miethaPosted 8/9/2014 11:21:08 AM
Besides the controller, achievements, and live, all the crap I made fun of when it was announced: snap, satellite receiver pass-through and control, kinect voice commands, xbox music. As a pure gaming device the PS4 is better. That's just fact, so I don't know why the sony ponies feel the need to blurt it out every five seconds. However, it's not 1985 anymore. Last gen taught us being the best "gaming device" doesn't mean ****. The Wii, which could barely hold a candle to the generation before it, much less the ps3 or the 360, outsold them both worldwide. It's all about mass appeal now. The average consumer isn't going to give a **** that the PS4 is 8% better or whatever. They DID however care that the One was $100 more. When the playing field levels (and it will) and generic soccer mom asks "what else does it do?" and the PS4's answer is "um, it plays blu rays and dvds (but not cds), and has some streaming services", well, we'll see how that goes...