what makes the XB1 better than PS4?

#31miethaPosted 8/9/2014 11:22:51 AM(edited)
richboy900 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Forza for me....where's Gran Turismo hiding?

Who needs gran turismo when forza's the better racer. Tbh though I'd buy both games if I had both consoles- Gt after a price drop however.

I LOVED GT3. Gran Turismo, however, has been playing catch up since the day FM1 hit the shelves, and, at current, they are VERY, VERY far behind the curve. GT6 was a horrible joke.
#32spacejamjordanzPosted 8/9/2014 11:27:41 AM
what makes the XB1 better than PS4?

Personal preference.

kennyynnoo posted...

In the studio being developed.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#33orestes1981Posted 8/9/2014 11:27:45 AM
mietha posted...
Besides the controller, achievements, and live, all the crap I made fun of when it was announced: snap, satellite receiver pass-through and control, kinect voice commands, xbox music. As a pure gaming device the PS4 is better. That's just fact, so I don't know why the sony ponies feel the need to blurt it out every five seconds. However, it's not 1985 anymore. Last gen taught us being the best "gaming device" doesn't mean ****. The Wii, which could barely hold a candle to the generation before it, much less the ps3 or the 360, outsold them both worldwide. It's all about mass appeal now. The average consumer isn't going to give a **** that the PS4 is 8% better or whatever. They DID however care that the One was $100 more. When the playing field levels (and it will) and generic soccer mom asks "what else does it do?" and the PS4's answer is "um, it plays blu rays and dvds (but not cds), and has some streaming services", well, we'll see how that goes...

And the PS4 is still outselling the Xbox One. So, that kind of blows up your excuse. Keep in mind, the PS4 continues to outsell the Xbox One month over month (six months straight---seven of eight since both consoles went on sale according to the NPD for June. NPD for July will show the same disparity, and the lead will just grow)...and this is just in the US.

PS4 is going to double the Xbox One in sales in the United States for 2014. World wide? The contest is already over, and the PS4 already won.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#34kennyynnooPosted 8/9/2014 11:33:43 AM
richboy900 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Who needs gran turismo when forza's the better racer. Tbh though I'd buy both games if I had both consoles- Gt after a price drop however.

Currently rumors of them doing a gt7 prologue, which is irratating. I'll buy a ps4 when it's gt7 not prologue on a disc 1 week away from release.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#35eastofeastsidePosted 8/9/2014 11:39:14 AM
Shik_stick posted...
eastofeastside posted...
Superior platform with real potential to be next-gen in its OS in digital distribution and dedicated servers, and beyond gaming tied to the ecosystem of Windows with universal apps and cloud powered services of the future.

The reason Sony went all in trying to gain the minor graphics advantage is because it has literally nothing in the long term against what Xbox One in its full potential has to offer.

ESRAM exploitation techniques, tile rendering and DX12 and will close that graphics gap and, in the case of cloud (Crackdown), shift in favor of Xbox One.

lol wow...what kind of kool-aid are you drinking? MS has no long term plan.

I'm pretty sure you are the one drinking Kool-aid because that is one of the most childish responses you could have made.
#36spacejamjordanzPosted 8/9/2014 11:41:03 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
richboy900 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Currently rumors of them doing a gt7 prologue, which is irratating. I'll buy a ps4 when it's gt7 not prologue on a disc 1 week away from release.

There will be no prologue for GT7.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#37Cornbread4lifePosted 8/9/2014 11:44:15 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
richboy900 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

A prologue for a racing game? I've seen the rumor be denied and I doubt it would happen, but if it did, that would be ridiculous.
---
GT/PSN: Cornbread4life
#38mrpicPosted 8/9/2014 11:47:54 AM
no ps fanboys
more games
better games
#39nelson0928Posted 8/9/2014 11:52:43 AM
Nothing. That's why the XB1 is less popular than the PS4. What makes people go for XB1 instead of PS4 is simple: Brand loyalty. It's the reason why they can tolerate the weaker hardware.

Ask someone who has no biased preference over any brand and present him with facts of both consoles and most people would choose the PS4.

It can pretty much be explained like this:

People who buy PS4: Hardcore PS fans AND gamers with no brand preference.
People who buy XB1: Hardcore XB fans only.
#40ScRuiPosted 8/9/2014 12:13:06 PM
As of right now, there is a reason to turn it on and use it...

Can't say the same for my PS4 since Infamous SS...

'Awaiting Greatness'

*jingle* PlayStation

Love that robotic voice LOL
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>