what makes the XB1 better than PS4?

#61PizzatarianPosted 8/9/2014 3:47:40 PM
"What makes the Xbox One better than the PS4?"

Well, I believe that's entirely subjective since there are several reasons why someone might choose one console over the other; for example, the exclusives, the controller, the online service, what their friends are playing on, hardware, software, achievements/trophies, and even brand loyalty.

In addition to the aforementioned reasons, the Xbox One is the "better" system for me because of features like Skype, Snap mode, Smartglass, Smart Match, dedicated servers, the rumble triggers, the HDMI pass through, the Kinect (because of the voice commands and the IR Blaster), the ability to stream media from your PC, external hard drive support for game files, and the monthly system updates that keep making this system better and better.
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#62sexbonePosted 8/9/2014 3:49:02 PM
yup
it's all about preference
but topic like this makes me think that somebody isnt confident about his/her choice
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, connected,and watching.Doesn't do 180.voice coms: sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.Yes, i'm a sexboner.
#63djimenez0628Posted 8/9/2014 4:01:51 PM
Nothing, because it's not
---
Tim Bisley (Simon Pegg): As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a graphic artist.
#64xio323Posted 8/9/2014 4:16:17 PM
It all comes down to personal preferences.
As far as my personal preferences go, i'm all about the games. Don't really care about any other features.

In all honesty, i'm finding xbox one's games a lot more appealing at the moment. But i find that in the long run, i'm pretty sure ps4 will have more games that i'll be interested in especially since i enjoy playing jrpgs.
#65demundoPosted 8/9/2014 4:18:28 PM
Titanfall and the excellent xbone controller.
#66singhellotakuPosted 8/9/2014 4:19:53 PM
its better for watching movies thanks to kinect (which is worthless for everything else) other than that and the better controller? not much.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#67singhellotakuPosted 8/9/2014 4:21:03 PM
Pizzatarian posted...

Well, I believe that's entirely subjective since there are several reasons why someone might choose one console over the other; for example, the exclusives, the controller, the online service, what their friends are playing on, hardware, software, achievements/trophies, and even brand loyalty.

In addition to the aforementioned reasons, the Xbox One is the "better" system for me because of features like Skype, Snap mode, Smartglass, Smart Match, dedicated servers, the rumble triggers, the HDMI pass through, the Kinect (because of the voice commands and the IR Blaster), the ability to stream media from your PC, external hard drive support for game files, and the monthly system updates that keep making this system better and better.

you mean the EXCLUSIVE? as in singular, forza 5? because thats all you've got (and its awesome, bit i digress)
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#68PizzatarianPosted 8/9/2014 4:28:55 PM
singhellotaku posted...
Pizzatarian posted...

you mean the EXCLUSIVE? as in singular, forza 5? because thats all you've got (and its awesome, bit i digress)

Technically, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse have yet to come out on PC, so they are still exclusive for the time being. However, there is also Killer Instinct, and let's not forget that Sunset Overdrive and the Halo: MCC will be coming out within the next three months. Then, there is Fable Legends, Quantum Break, and the new Gears of War.
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#69Shik_stickPosted 8/9/2014 4:43:56 PM
pnut3844 posted...
Shik_stick posted...
eastofeastside posted...
Superior platform with real potential to be next-gen in its OS in digital distribution and dedicated servers, and beyond gaming tied to the ecosystem of Windows with universal apps and cloud powered services of the future.

The reason Sony went all in trying to gain the minor graphics advantage is because it has literally nothing in the long term against what Xbox One in its full potential has to offer.

ESRAM exploitation techniques, tile rendering and DX12 and will close that graphics gap and, in the case of cloud (Crackdown), shift in favor of Xbox One.

lol wow...what kind of kool-aid are you drinking? MS has no long term plan. They are still trying to lay a foundation for this gen since everything they have done since reveal has been disastrous.

Quit buying in to the buzz words MS throws around. Pretty much everybody in the industry who knows anything at all have said that ALL of those things you mentioned: ESRAM, DX12, Cloud etc. will do very little for the Xbox one and NOT do anything to close the gap between it and the PS4.

No long term? Apparently you didn't see e3. Go educate yourself.

Yes, instead of countering my point, the normal thing would be to attempt an insult. I saw E3, and i saw a bunch of CG trailers for games we know next to nothing about.

Listen, i am WELL educated on the matter. Yes, MS has a decent game line up but that's it. They have no foundation to build off of for the SYSTEM. They banked on Kinect and DRM along with all of their initial crap policies. They failed. They wanted the X1 to be in all in one media device and it failed at that as well. Now they are trying to push it as the best game system, and are failing because everyone knows that is not true.

After having to change so much about the system over the last year, they are now struggling to give the X1 an identity so they can't even begin to plan for its future. All they can do right now is throw around buzzwords like ESRAM and The Cloud and all that other crap that will amount to nothing tangible.

Compare that to Sony with PSnow(yes i know the prices are terrible, but that's what BETA is for), VR, gaze tracking(look up what they are doing with this) and remote play. They have a very solid plan for the future of Playstation with real, tangible ideas and products because they haven't had to spend the last year fixing what they messed up to begin with. MS has no groundwork to plan a future off of because they have not yet established what the Xbox One is supposed to be.

Now, tell me to educate myself again.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#70Knightmare1128Posted 8/9/2014 4:44:12 PM
Pizzatarian posted...
singhellotaku posted...
Pizzatarian posted...

Technically, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse have yet to come out on PC, so they are still exclusive for the time being. However, there is also Killer Instinct, and let's not forget that Sunset Overdrive and the Halo: MCC will be coming out within the next three months. Then, there is Fable Legends, Quantum Break, and the new Gears of War.

Killer Instinct is a remake of an old game, so the remake is exclusive, but still. Sunset Overdrive is from Sucker Punch if I remember right, and they have infamous exclusive on PS. And personally, I own a 360 and a ps3 and a ps4, Gears of War went down the drain after 2. I'm attracted to the MC collection because of good memories, but I still view the PS4 as superior with its capabilities, design, and dedication to Gaming over media.
---
You only wake up when you sleep
PSN: Knightmare8211