after 9 months with the xone and 5 months with ps4... graphics

#11richboy900Posted 8/9/2014 12:51:28 PM
While developers will get more from each console in the future, the hardware is still disappointing. Even at launch the ps4 wasn't really close to a decent pc like the og xbox or 360 was when new.
#12Juzten76Posted 8/9/2014 12:56:01 PM
If you want an accurate comparison, compare the launch titles of last gen to the launch titles of this gen. In a year or two games will look way better than they do now.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#13Matt_256Posted 8/9/2014 12:57:07 PM
richboy900 posted...
While developers will get more from each console in the future, the hardware is still disappointing. Even at launch the ps4 wasn't really close to a decent pc like the og xbox or 360 was when new.

I gotta say I was kind of surprised when the specs were revealed for the PS4 and Xbox One. I remember them saying they wanted these next gen consoles to last about a decade so I'm thinking "Ohhh man! these things are gonna be crazy" and was shocked to see the specs and price when they were revealed! I was expecting these things to be between $500-$700, maybe I was a little crazy at the time but I was expecting MUCH stronger hardware as well.

These are very inexpensive next gen consoles as well, really. Probably the most inexpensive ever when you consider inflation.
#14ascendedcobra(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 1:00:41 PM
pnut3844 posted...
Skyrim looks crappy? Dude you're crazy. That game is amazing and its last gen. Great graphics. When I first got my xbone I didn't want to go back to last gen but now I'm constantly playing my 360
well Skyrim is special though. First of all it's my favorite game ever. Second it's the best looking game of its kind. Skyrim most definitely does not look crappy but it doesn't look as good as it once did after getting used to the current gen.
That makes me think...Imagine fallout 4 using a modded skyrim engine on the xone or ps4. Can you imagine a gigantic game like fallout 4 will be that looks as good or better than tomb raider or TLOU on current gen?!
#15ascendedcobra(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 1:24:20 PM
Matt_256 posted...
richboy900 posted...

I gotta say I was kind of surprised when the specs were revealed for the PS4 and Xbox One. I remember them saying they wanted these next gen consoles to last about a decade so I'm thinking "Ohhh man! these things are gonna be crazy" and was shocked to see the specs and price when they were revealed! I was expecting these things to be between $500-$700, maybe I was a little crazy at the time but I was expecting MUCH stronger hardware as well.

These are very inexpensive next gen consoles as well, really. Probably the most inexpensive ever when you consider inflation.

Yeah maybe but you have to admit the games look great on them. Also if you look at them from the perspective of how much more powerful they are than the last gen they are right in line. I mean they are 8-10 times more powerful than the previous gen, so they are about right on. I mean we've never had a bigger jump really. We've never had a next gen that was 20 times more powerful or anything like that.
Last gen the jump seemed bigger because they were 8-10 times more powerful AND going from standard def tv to supprting new hdtv plus using hdmi inputs. Plus they were pretty powerful even by PC standards.
Now I just think last gen was around too long. I mean we are still getting our 8-10 times power increase but we should have got it a few years ago. Then the PC advantage wouldn't be so big if any.
Lastly it's silly to think they can build a system that will satisfy everyone for 10 yrs. There will always be some like me that will be getting bored with the performance in a few years and slow down or stop buying games. Right now I'm buying almost all current gen games and they are impressing me.
I think about 5yrs is the perfect cycle for game systems. It's long enough to really ring most of the performance out of the systems but not so long that you start to stagnate. Also it's the perfect length of time to keep gamers on the hook and excited for new hardware. They waited too long and now everyone is complaining it's not enough, because we should have had this 2-3 yrs ago.
#16googlerPosted 8/9/2014 2:33:52 PM
ascendedcobra posted...
xacebop posted...
Tldr but yeah once you get accustomed to higher level graphics you start to notice how older gens suck.

It's pretty crazy. I now have no desire to play Deadspace 3 now after getting it yesterday. A big part of those games for me was exploring the ship for the amazing visuals. Now that's gone.

If it makes you feel better, DS3 sucked compared to the other 2 games and is basically horde mode from Gears of War - only more annoying to play
#17McCartneyMartinPosted 8/9/2014 2:47:05 PM
TC is right. I find it difficult to play last gen. When I picked up the XBone, I also got a PS3 to play exclusives. My PS3 is collecting dust. I could only make it through TLOU.
#18CMX5Posted 8/9/2014 2:55:56 PM
That's exactly how I've felt.
After playing BF4/Ghosts on my PS4 then playing them on PS3, It felt weird. Same with the Xbone & 360 on Titanfall.
While it doesn't destroy the fun of playing them. Or my entertainment. It feels difficult to go back.
But hey, I need my Halo fix until MCC comes. I'll suffer it. Lol
---
GameFaqs is much more tolerable with the average Trolls on ignore.
Destiny. Batman:AK. Halo:MCC. No Man's Sky.
#19JohnWall32Posted 8/9/2014 2:58:10 PM
yeah..cod looks terrible on 360 compared to ps4
---
Board User Level: Legend
#20Run_2_the_HillsPosted 8/9/2014 2:58:27 PM
wait wait wait i thought graphix dun matter.