Could a "Live Gold is now free for all Xbox One owners" megaton save the X1?

#11MasteroftheArtsPosted 8/9/2014 2:15:45 PM
I've had Live Gold since the X1's release with the exception of a short period right after they dropped the paywall for Netflix and haven't paid a dime for it and never will pay for it. There's already an option to get it for free. Just get it through Bing rewards and you don't have to pay a penny. I've also gotten several Forza car packs without having to pay a cent.

It's like people don't even try to look for ways to save money.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#12leelee3105Posted 8/9/2014 2:18:03 PM
This might be the most lazy and ridiculous troll topic I've seen on here. It's headed to 500
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online>>resolution
#13PizzatarianPosted 8/9/2014 2:18:26 PM
MasteroftheArts posted...
I've had Live Gold since the X1's release with the exception of a short period right after they dropped the paywall for Netflix and haven't paid a dime for it and never will pay for it. There's already an option to get it for free. Just get it through Bing rewards and you don't have to pay a penny. I've also gotten several Forza car packs without having to pay a cent.

This is true, but you also have to keep in mind that the Bing Rewards program is only offered in the US. However, there are obviously others ways to save money, especially on Xbox Live. You can occasionally find them on Amazon, Ebay, CDkeys for $40.
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#14ILikesCheesePosted 8/9/2014 2:19:45 PM

The adults in the room don't have the time the kids in the room have to waste on something that ONLY costs $60 a year. My internet access costs more than that a MONTH.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#15MasteroftheArtsPosted 8/9/2014 2:26:06 PM
Pizzatarian posted...

This is true, but you also have to keep in mind that the Bing Rewards program is only offered in the US. However, there are obviously others ways to save money, especially on Xbox Live. You can occasionally find them on Amazon, Ebay, CDkeys for $40.

Fair enough. That said, you can still do surveys and such (if you don't mind doing those) to get keys as well if you really don't want to pay the yearly subscription.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#16MasteroftheArtsPosted 8/9/2014 2:30:48 PM
ILikesCheese posted...

The adults in the room don't have the time the kids in the room have to waste on something that ONLY costs $60 a year. My internet access costs more than that a MONTH.

It takes no time. There is a chrome extension that does it in literally a second. There are likely several firefox addons that also do this.

Also, saying that it only costs $60 a year means that you forfeit your right to ever complain about the price of games again.
---
#17lunchbox2042Posted 8/9/2014 4:52:21 PM
You can't really be a hardcore fan of something that you're not dedicated to.