what will be the reason Xbox dominates this gen

#11MrImpatient35Posted 8/9/2014 4:34:35 PM
I think one of two things will happen.
1. Kinect will take off, likely next year, and will offer a lot of useful features in games.
2. DX12, Cloud, and Kinect in conjunction, will offer a lot of varied, interesting ways to play a games. Apps for games are starting to become a lil more common, so that's another way to play.

Obviously saying anything positive about X1 makes you an Xbot, but I stand by it. I definitely don't think this will happen this year, but maybe in 2015 or 2016. Nobody agrees, and I don't blame them. I think it will happen though.
---
"It's not my fault that your album went double garbage-bag."
#12Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/9/2014 4:43:05 PM(edited)
Xbox will dominate if they continue to release excellent multiplayer exclusives that are only available on Xbox One. Not PC, not Xbox 360, nothing. Xbox must focus most, if not all of its efforts into creating excellent online multiplayer games. It could be online coop, online competitive, online free roam, online everything. Couch coop, couch online competitive, and couch free roam as well. Xbox needs to play into its strengths, which is it's online multiplayer.

PS4 has single player on lock. There is no way Xbox will ever be able to top the PS4 single player games. But Xbox has the huge advantage of online multiplayer. Yes, Xbox games can, will, and should have a single campaign, but the way they can dominate is if they have the greatest multiplayer of all time.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#13BeefEasterPosted 8/9/2014 4:44:46 PM
this is like a new father holding out hope that his newborn daughter might still turn out to be a boy

sorry, not gonna happen
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#14Juzten76Posted 8/9/2014 4:48:14 PM
I don't think any of the consoles are going to dominate. People who grew up gaming have good jobs and money and they will purchase multiple consoles. Everyone wants something different from a gaming platform for different reasons. There's plenty of room for them all to coexist and be financially successful. I don't worry about which console dominates any more than I worry what brand of TV dominates. The content is what I care about, and IMO, PS4, X1, WIiU, and PC all have great content that offer something for everyone and anyone who enjoys good games.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#15PorungaPosted 8/9/2014 4:57:54 PM(edited)
I think MS will do exactly what they should do. Stop trying to "dominate". They won't succeed, they just won't.

What they should do is stop caring about all this crap, stop trying to be #1, stop trying to beat the competition, and just release the best games it can and be the best system it can be and everyone else can do whatever they want.

MS is killing themselves trying to best the Playstation, and really... why does it need to? Just be the best Xbox it can be, and release the best games it can and it will do fine, it will be successful, and MS can stop throwing millions of dollars away for any kind of temporary edge over the competition.

MS and Sony should take a page from Nintendo. Do your own thing, and let the other guys do the same.
#16Juzten76Posted 8/9/2014 5:05:21 PM(edited)
BeefEaster posted...
this is like a new father holding out hope that his newborn daughter might still turn out to be a boy

sorry, not gonna happen

Considering that both the PS3 and 360 had their largest sales numbers 4 and 5 years after release, I don't think your statement is very realistic just 8 months into this generation. When you make statements to such an extreme you come off as a fanboy and nobody is going to take you seriously. Dial it back a little and people may start to respect what you have to say.
---
#17OmegaTavoPosted 8/9/2014 5:09:53 PM
elbarto1 posted...
Where's the "it won't" option?

---
A proud contributor of the videogame industry since 1987
#18BeefEasterPosted 8/9/2014 5:14:57 PM
Juzten76 posted...
BeefEaster posted...

sorry, not gonna happen

Considering that both the PS3 and 360 had their largest sales numbers 4 and 5 years after release, I don't think your statement is very realistic just 8 months into this generation. When you make statements to such an extreme you come off as a fanboy and nobody is going to take you seriously. Dial it back a little and people may start to respect what you have to say.

are you talking to yourself?

what you just said is literally all you ever do on this board
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
#19Juzten76Posted 8/9/2014 5:19:13 PM
BeefEaster posted...
Juzten76 posted...
BeefEaster posted...

sorry, not gonna happen

are you talking to yourself?

what you just said is literally all you ever do on this board

Don't project your issues on me. I'm just trying to bring you down to a realistic level so you'll see how ridiculous you seem to others who watch you troll this board every day.
---
#20BeefEasterPosted 8/9/2014 5:25:02 PM
lol

I have less than 10 posts on this board total

keep up the delusion though
---