Gears of war remakes and gears 4 *spoliers*

#1HomieKnockoutPosted 8/9/2014 2:57:49 PM
Do you think it will happen? It's the remake the X1 needs. Also for gears 4 what else of the story is there to tell? With dom dead I can't imagine gears ever being the same
---
I liek turdles
2638-0671-8119 <- 3ds add code IGN: josie
#2GladiatorDangerPosted 8/9/2014 3:07:52 PM
Pendulum Wars.
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#3crynryanPosted 8/9/2014 3:44:18 PM(edited)
Seeing as how Epic said the 3rd game would be the end of Delta Squad, it'll either be from the perspective of another squad during the same time frame, set in the past during E-Day, or in the future.

GladiatorDanger posted...
Pendulum Wars.

Why would you want that? People complained about no Locust in Judgment's multiplayer, so you want a full campaign that is nothing but human enemies? Either way, nothing all that interesting happens there.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#4GladiatorDangerPosted 8/9/2014 4:05:20 PM
crynryan posted...
GladiatorDanger posted...
Pendulum Wars.

Why would you want that? People complained about no Locust in Judgment's multiplayer, so you want a full campaign that is nothing but human enemies? Either way, nothing all that interesting happens there.

Well if they set the game in the future there would be no Locust to fight either and Judgement seemed to be fairly widely pooped on despite having locusts (in the campaign not the multiplayer, though not sure why it would be such a big deal as locusts and humans handle pretty much the same in multi), anything set after E-Day would be a rehash of what they have already done before making the Pendulum Wars the only period that would offer anything remotely different.

But perhaps you are right and the Gears of War series has run it's course, perhaps it would be best if Microsoft focused on the development of a new IP?
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#5rubberGasketPosted 8/9/2014 4:23:06 PM
It could be anything. It could even be a reboot. Microsoft owns it now, and not Epic.
---
If I don't reply to your post it's because I have you on my ignore list.
#6MaverickneoPosted 8/9/2014 4:25:08 PM
I think Gears needs a next gen treatment. At least one last hurrah before they go and either leave it behind, do a new IP or branch off into something else from the Gears universe.
#7crynryanPosted 8/9/2014 4:29:18 PM
If they were to set it in the future, they could've kept part of the Locust DNA or something in a lab, where it breaks out and starts infecting people which would then start turning people into Locust or something. More likely there could be some Locust that survived (seeing as the Queen survived Adam Fenix's machine), so it's not too far-fetched that some of them could've survived and they could've repopulated their species.

As for Judgment being hated, it was because it was too different. People want COGvLocust because that's how it's always been. The weapons were changed from shooting from the barrel to shooting from the center of the screen again (which is how Gears 1 did it, every other game didn't), the game at launch only let you have a primary and a pistol, when people wanted a primary, secondary, and pistol like the other games. They changed it so much because it was considered a spinoff, while Gears 4 will definitely be a main game in the series in order to attract old and new fans back to the franchise.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#8Chyld989Posted 8/9/2014 5:04:21 PM
crynryan posted...
the game at launch only let you have a primary and a pistol

I loved this change. It meant that fewer people had a gnasher, which was great, as that's still one of the most overpowered weapons I've ever seen in a video game.

The day they patched in the ability to start with three guns is the day I stopped caring about the game.
#9cmincPosted 8/9/2014 5:11:26 PM
To me, gears belongs to marcus in the same ways that halo belongs to masterchief. The gameplay mechanics are what they are, especially now that they know what DOESNT work and great graphics are a given.

You can literally invent any variety of bipedal alien whatever for marcus to shoot behind cover and make it work. If i was writing it and HAD to include locust, i'd make the trilogy about anya being taken to become a new queen for locust stragglers that for some reason survived, but i'd much rather see her next to marcus fighting something alltogethet new as the world rebuilds itself.

The gears collection for xb1 is a must, either way.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1 | WII U | 3DS
#10GladiatorDangerPosted 8/9/2014 5:43:22 PM
crynryan posted...
If they were to set it in the future, they could've kept part of the Locust DNA or something in a lab, where it breaks out and starts infecting people which would then start turning people into Locust or something. More likely there could be some Locust that survived (seeing as the Queen survived Adam Fenix's machine), so it's not too far-fetched that some of them could've survived and they could've repopulated their species.

Seriously? I guess that could work if they are willing to throw away any pretense of a coherent narrative just to re-animate Frankenstein's cold dead corpse but then I doubt he would get further than a few short shuffles before collapsing in a heap. I love how you were so quick to **** on the idea of setting it during the Pendulum Wars when that is the best you can come up with. Perhaps if you gave the setting a chance it would actually grow on you? It would certainly be more interesting than simply rehashing the same ideas over and over again.
---