Gears of war remakes and gears 4 *spoliers*

#11crynryanPosted 8/9/2014 6:15:14 PM
Chyld989 posted...
crynryan posted...
the game at launch only let you have a primary and a pistol

I loved this change. It meant that fewer people had a gnasher, which was great, as that's still one of the most overpowered weapons I've ever seen in a video game.

The day they patched in the ability to start with three guns is the day I stopped caring about the game.

It's still only two weapons at a time, they just make you spawn with a Gnasher if you choose anything but the sawed off, and a Lancer if you choose the sawed off. They just took out the pistol. Overall it was a good and different change, just some people are unwilling to accept change (mainly the few who still think the 1st game is the best).
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#12leatheljPosted 8/9/2014 6:15:26 PM
You do know multiplayer can just have cog vs locust it dosent have to stay true to the story multiplayer is a different beast.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#13JacobCurnowPosted 8/9/2014 6:54:22 PM
Maverickneo posted...
I think Gears needs a next gen treatment. At least one last hurrah before they go and either leave it behind, do a new IP or branch off into something else from the Gears universe.

There's really not any reason to completely drop a successful franchise... Regardless of the fact that Judgment wasn't accepted by the majority of the fanbase, it was still a made very well, and they can easily bounce back with the next game...

The key is continuously evolving a game as better technology and gameplay mechanics come out... Look at Mario, Final Fantasy, Halo, Call of Duty, Metal Gear Solid, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, the list goes on... Some of these games have had some questionable entries, but the majority of entries have been pretty excellent...
---
Formerly known as SnakeDizzle.
#14JacobCurnowPosted 8/9/2014 7:09:04 PM
Anyway, what should they do with Gears? My vote is that they should make a complete sequel to Gears of War 3 involving all of the main characters from the previous entry (Gears of War 3)... It's important to keep in mind that when dealing with a fictional video game, all it takes is a (somewhat) creative mind to figure out how to make something happen (like a direct sequel to Gears 3)...

The sequel should take place in the future well after Adam Fenix's weapon went off, killing the majority of the Locust... Some of the more intelligent ones may have gotten tipped off about the weapon, and found places to protect themselves... But regardless of their survival, the (more intelligent) remaining Locust are actually willing to cooperate with the political and military atmosphere of having ultimately lost the war against the humans... Many of these remaining Locust saw the Queen's dominance (of their species) as oppressive, communistic and dictatorial --- so they have formed 100% peaceful (and equal) relationships with humans both on the surface and internal areas of Sera, but perhaps not without some tension here and there...

Marcus should now be very high ranked in the Seran military, as a general, with Augustus Cole as the commander of an anti-terrorist unit... Having established a peaceful habitat on Sera, the people are able to rebuild, prosper, and advance their technology which leads them to space travel...

^---Gears of War 4 should involve the ability to space travel and explore several different planets... Not only did the Locust and Humans realize they weren't the only 2 intelligent species in the Universe, but they have discovered that their immediate space-habitat is infested with a wide range of different intelligent species, with different political systems, etcetera...

The majority of these species can be either friendly, or indifferent (not interested in interacting with the Locust and/or the humans), but one of the most hostile species in the known galaxy should be a highly malevolent reptilian species --- which can be one of the primary enemies of the game, and the people you play in multiplayer...
---
Formerly known as SnakeDizzle.
#15SupaflyGibsonPosted 8/9/2014 7:31:28 PM
Well this topic is a breath of fresh air. Never cared much for the story of Gears, I'd literally be happy with anything Gears related.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#16crynryanPosted 8/9/2014 8:01:36 PM
I'm not saying a Pendulum Wars era game would be bad, I'm just saying the majority of people don't want it. They see Gears as a human vs monsters game, not humans vs humans. Pretty much every single detail that came from the Pendulum Wars came from the books, which the vast majority of people wouldn't have read.

With the Locust, they were able to create different creatures to make the gameplay more fun by giving you enemies that weren't all the same and had different weapons and abilities that really made them feel different. The only way you could make human enemies different is by giving them mech suits or machines, which they really didn't have except for maybe tanks.

Part of the reason I feel COD's campaigns are so boring and generic is because the enemies are so similar. They all do practically the same thing with pretty much the same weapons. Sure every once in a while you get a section where you control a drone, dog, turret on a helicopter, etc, but the vast majority of it is just shooting random people because your government told you to. I'd rather Gears not have that and be at least memorable.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#17xxnogamerxxPosted 8/9/2014 8:09:12 PM
JacobCurnow posted...
Anyway, what should they do with Gears? My vote is that they should make a complete sequel to Gears of War 3 involving all of the main characters from the previous entry (Gears of War 3)... It's important to keep in mind that when dealing with a fictional video game, all it takes is a (somewhat) creative mind to figure out how to make something happen (like a direct sequel to Gears 3)...

The sequel should take place in the future well after Adam Fenix's weapon went off, killing the majority of the Locust... Some of the more intelligent ones may have gotten tipped off about the weapon, and found places to protect themselves... But regardless of their survival, the (more intelligent) remaining Locust are actually willing to cooperate with the political and military atmosphere of having ultimately lost the war against the humans... Many of these remaining Locust saw the Queen's dominance (of their species) as oppressive, communistic and dictatorial --- so they have formed 100% peaceful (and equal) relationships with humans both on the surface and internal areas of Sera, but perhaps not without some tension here and there...

Marcus should now be very high ranked in the Seran military, as a general, with Augustus Cole as the commander of an anti-terrorist unit... Having established a peaceful habitat on Sera, the people are able to rebuild, prosper, and advance their technology which leads them to space travel...

^---Gears of War 4 should involve the ability to space travel and explore several different planets... Not only did the Locust and Humans realize they weren't the only 2 intelligent species in the Universe, but they have discovered that their immediate space-habitat is infested with a wide range of different intelligent species, with different political systems, etcetera...

The majority of these species can be either friendly, or indifferent (not interested in interacting with the Locust and/or the humans), but one of the most hostile species in the known galaxy should be a highly malevolent reptilian species --- which can be one of the primary enemies of the game, and the people you play in multiplayer...

Dope idea
#18Homie_202Posted 8/9/2014 8:21:19 PM
GladiatorDanger posted...
Pendulum Wars.

This I have been wanting a pendulum wars game since gears one. Obviously they are shooting for probably a trilogy unless gears 4 bombs. The best way I think they could do it is have the first game be all the pendulum wars. then the second could have the first little bit be more pendulum wars but leading into E-Day and allow the player to actually experience E-Day and implement fighting both locust and humans until they all band together. Then talk more about why Marcus left his post to go get his dad and actually have us play more of that then the 3rd could just be more leading into gears 1 and how marcus actually get thrown in prison. To me its the only logical thing to do. I HOPE to god they don't make it a sequel to gears and have either the locust return or a new enemy because that is to me what ruined Halo 4.

I think the reason people didn't like judgement wasn't because there were no locust in the MP which is dumb because there really is no reason to not have them in the MP. Even if they do what I suggested they could still make the MP be humans VS Locust. The reason that one did poorly is because it was made by a whole different studio and the story and campaign wasn't good and the gameplay for the most part didn't feel like gears. it felt too much like they were trying to make it more casual to bring in the CoD crowd.
#19vashkeyPosted 8/9/2014 8:22:44 PM
The last thing the xbone needs right now is even mre remake/remasters. Sure, lets do a GEars collection... Once Gearts has turned ten. Otherwise it just feels milking for the sake of milking. I want new games, damn it.

And Gears 4 is happening. Black Tusk is developing it. Who knows what it's about. It could go to human on human conflict but that would be the most boring, unimaginative and disappointing thing to do with a fictional setting not on earth where they previously fought underground monsters.
#20Homie_202Posted 8/9/2014 8:24:19 PM
JacobCurnow posted...

Cool Idea but I don't think it would really work that well as a gears game. What you are talking about sounds better IMO for a mass effect game. It seems like it would fit SO much better with an RPG rather then a linear TPS.