Gears of war remakes and gears 4 *spoliers*

#21Dev445Posted 8/9/2014 9:38:41 PM
A new threat, a new breed of locust. They were in deeper inside the earth's core and were set loose once all the locust and lambet were destroyed.

Frankly I don't give I damn I just want more Gears XD. I love the characters (Cole Train BABY!) funny one linners, and MP. Can't wait for a new Gears
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#22crynryanPosted 8/9/2014 9:52:56 PM
Homie_202 posted...
This I have been wanting a pendulum wars game since gears one. Obviously they are shooting for probably a trilogy unless gears 4 bombs. The best way I think they could do it is have the first game be all the pendulum wars. then the second could have the first little bit be more pendulum wars but leading into E-Day and allow the player to actually experience E-Day and implement fighting both locust and humans until they all band together. Then talk more about why Marcus left his post to go get his dad and actually have us play more of that then the 3rd could just be more leading into gears 1 and how marcus actually get thrown in prison. To me its the only logical thing to do. I HOPE to god they don't make it a sequel to gears and have either the locust return or a new enemy because that is to me what ruined Halo 4.

crynryan posted...
Pretty much every single detail that came from the Pendulum Wars came from the books, which the vast majority of people wouldn't have read.

The only tidbit of information you get in Gears 1 about the Pendulum Wars was when Carmine mentions Marcus was at Aspho Fields. So if knowing Marcus was somewhere is the only thing that gets you hyped for something, well okay then. As for me quoting myself, everything you would want to see in the game was already done in the books, which reinforced what I said because you didn't read them.

Even then, the Pendulum Wars ended a few weeks before E-Day, it didn't continue on until after. So there'd be no reason to fight humans and Locust until they decided to work together.

The Pendulum Wars also lasted for 80 years. Most of which Marcus wasn't alive for.

Homie_202 posted...
I think the reason people didn't like judgement wasn't because there were no locust in the MP which is dumb because there really is no reason to not have them in the MP. Even if they do what I suggested they could still make the MP be humans VS Locust. The reason that one did poorly is because it was made by a whole different studio and the story and campaign wasn't good and the gameplay for the most part didn't feel like gears. it felt too much like they were trying to make it more casual to bring in the CoD crowd.

There was a reason, and it was because people seemed to win more when playing as COG. So to fix that, they made everybody COG. Epic made the multiplayer, People Can Fly did the campaign, so it's still Epics game and they made every decision that went into the multiplayer. The gameplay feeling different was because it was a spinoff, which let them change things that they normally wouldn't have, things like downs, no 3rd weapon slot, grenade throws by pressing LB, jumping off ledges, etc.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#23HomieKnockout(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 10:46:37 PM
SupaflyGibson posted...
Well this topic is a breath of fresh air. Never cared much for the story of Gears, I'd literally be happy with anything Gears related.

I get tired of the "x1 is superior than ps4 because " and " x1 has better exclusives" it's like who cares and be happy about your console. So I figured this topic would be a good one for people to talk about haha
---
I liek turdles
2638-0671-8119 <- 3ds add code IGN: josie
#24Homie_202Posted 8/9/2014 10:59:15 PM
That's not why I would like to see a pendulum wars game is because Marcus is there. I would be totally fine with gears 4 not even having him in the game at all. As for the books I own the first one and I've read part of it I bought it when it came out back before gears 2 was out. Yes I didn't know the pendulum wars ended before E-Day. But I would still rather see them do the pendulum wars to bring us something new to the series even if it was the end of the pendulum wars and then getting to play E-Day. I think getting to play E-Day would be amazing. I hope they don't go the halo route and make it a whole new enemy because that is like I said the biggest problem with halo 4 IMO. Plain and simple the game is going to have to be a prequel or have a new enemy which if it's a new enemy I think it will turn a lot of people away. But that's only if it includes the original characters for all we know it could be about a completely different group of people.

As for the book argument they could easily go the Star Wars route and make the books no longer cannon if they feel they have a better story for the pendulum wars. It wouldn't be the first time a franchise has done it and it certainly won't be the last time one does it either. Because like you said most people have not even read the books and most people probably don't even know they exist. So if they feel like they can come up with a better story then Karren Travis did who is to say they won't just ignore the books and make their own story?
#25SpongeBob_SPPosted 8/9/2014 11:26:17 PM
I want a Gears collection that's similar to the Master Chief Collection. Can you just imagine how fun Gears 1 multiplayer would be, if every player didn't have to wait half a second for their bullets to fire?!

As for Gears 4, I'm really hoping that Black Tusk brings their own flavor to the game. I'd really love a better narrative, character development, etc.
#26crynryanPosted 8/9/2014 11:30:31 PM
SpongeBob_SP posted...
Can you just imagine how fun Gears 1 multiplayer would be, if every player didn't have to wait half a second for their bullets to fire?!

No, because it can't happen due to the original way the game was programmed. They wouldn't spend enough time rewriting all the netcode. Not to mention the old as dirt game mechanics that wouldn't be playable after playing the other games.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#27EternalDividePosted 8/9/2014 11:40:21 PM
I think Gears 3 tried to conclude the story simply for the sake of concluding it. Because Cliffy got tired of it. Of course Cliffy B. is an epic self absorbed d bag.

It left too much unexplained. Too, it's easy for them to just say the magical McGuffin didn't work like they thought and continue from there.
---
Square Enix: Crushing dreams since 2003
Elbow Rocket!
#28Bobsy84Posted 8/10/2014 1:07:52 AM
Isn't cole train already confirmed? His voice actor tweeted he was reprising the role again or something.
#29Viper187666Posted 8/10/2014 7:14:34 AM
All I want is Gears 1-3 HD collection with mutators available for all 3, but I'm sure they'd screw it up anyway. They've always given so few options for private versus in comparison to Halo, etc it's stupid. In Gears 3, you could only enable 3 mutators. I want the option to use them all, like people play Halo with all skulls!
---
Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#30DarthUchiha91Posted 8/10/2014 7:21:06 AM
HomieKnockout posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
Well this topic is a breath of fresh air. Never cared much for the story of Gears, I'd literally be happy with anything Gears related.

I get tired of the "x1 is superior than ps4 because " and " x1 has better exclusives" it's like who cares and be happy about your console. So I figured this topic would be a good one for people to talk about haha

I like the way you think. Anyway, I agree with Dev. I just want another Gears. Gears to me is like Halo and COD to others. Didn't really much cared for Halo and I never really like COD but all the Gears of War are must haves for me.
---
Nobody likes you, you're ugly and your mother dresses you funny. Now smile, you $%^&ing douche.