Gears of war remakes and gears 4 *spoliers*

#31JacobCurnowPosted 8/10/2014 7:33:07 AM
SupaflyGibson posted...
Well this topic is a breath of fresh air. Never cared much for the story of Gears, I'd literally be happy with anything Gears related.

I'm one of the top Gears of War players in the world and I've never paid attention to the story that much either... I've stopped playing lately, but at one point I was the:

1) 2nd most lethal player in the world on Gears of War 2 Guardian.
2) 2nd highest revive count.
3) 2nd highest takedown count.
4) 3rd ranked All Time.
5) Former #1 ranked player for weekly and monthly whenever I felt like taking the spot, even in the games prime before 3 came out.
6) Listed on the Gears of War 2 stat tracking website as having and/or matching the high score/world record for chainsaw kills.

On Gears of War Judgment, I had such a dominant repeat (during the first 3 week after game came out) that I stopped playing out of boredom... I had the highest K/D in the top 100 (weekly/monthly/all time), with like a 6.9, and got into the top 25. Probably would have taken the #1 rank, but i got the game 2 days late. Pics of all this stuff is on my twitter/facebook.

Anyway, I think the series mostly just needs to evolve gameplay-wise and keep adding new elements of play.
---
Formerly known as SnakeDizzle.
#32JacobCurnowPosted 8/10/2014 7:41:40 AM
"I'm not saying a Pendulum Wars era game would be bad, I'm just saying the majority of people don't want it. They see Gears as a human vs monsters game, not humans vs humans. Pretty much every single detail that came from the Pendulum Wars came from the books, which the vast majority of people wouldn't have read."

I've done some basic research on the overall Gears timeline, and I would 100% agree that a game based on the Pendulum Wars could turn out to be very, very boring... If they were to involve the Pendulum Wars at all, perhaps it can be a game where it jumps timeline from one point to the next, over and over, with it having nothing more than it's own chapter (as opposed to an entire game).

I really think Gears of War should go interplanetary, and involve more intelligent (non-human) threats than the Locust... There are mythological creatures throughout conspiracy theories and superstition that seem to suggest a reptilian species (sometimes referred to as the draconian) are predatorily at war with the human species (in real life)...

I'm not suggesting I necessarily believe that, but it would be interesting to have a reptilian enemy species in Gears of War (that are much more intelligent and advanced than the Locust)... As I said earlier, it would be interesting to see the surviving Locust/Human alliance from Sera to go interpanetary and locate some friendly non-human species in the same galaxy/solar system of which they team up with to take on the reptilian threat.
---
#33JacobCurnowPosted 8/10/2014 7:53:51 AM
"It left too much unexplained. Too, it's easy for them to just say the magical McGuffin didn't work like they thought and continue from there."

Agreed, but I think it would be better to simply say that Adam Fenix's weapon was conclusively and forever a war winning weapon... In other words, there were some Locust that may have surprised, by after the near destruction of their entire species --- they no longer had the means (or even desire) to re-organized and pose a serious threat... So they should make it where some of the remaining Locust ended up being internal defectors from the Queen, but never wanted to openly defect, so then took the loss (of the war) as their opportunity to voice their disgust for the Queens dictatorial way of rule and openly side with the humans...

^---This would be one of the most interesting routes, because if Gears 4 were dated several years after 3, you could have one of these perfect English speaking Locust in your 4-man squad (with Marcus and Cole as your radio commanders).
---
#34SculptorOvFleshPosted 8/10/2014 8:03:48 AM
Having Read all the books. And playing all the games.

They need to pick up right after Gears 3.
Something got missed.
Locust go back to the very roots of primal.
Explosions, guts, shotgun battles. Basically, all the stuff from Gears 1-3 in some new story ark.
Nerf lancer and give us Gears 2 TU3 shotgun. GG i'd die happy playing this on Xbox One.
#35Ada-Wong-FanPosted 8/10/2014 9:07:19 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#36Ada-Wong-FanPosted 8/10/2014 9:14:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#37JacobCurnowPosted 8/10/2014 10:16:08 AM
SculptorOvFlesh posted...
Having Read all the books. And playing all the games.

They need to pick up right after Gears 3.
Something got missed.
Locust go back to the very roots of primal.
Explosions, guts, shotgun battles. Basically, all the stuff from Gears 1-3 in some new story ark.
Nerf lancer and give us Gears 2 TU3 shotgun. GG i'd die happy playing this on Xbox One.

Specifically speaking about the multiplayer aspect of Gears, I think if they were to hold on to this cult-classic mentality that the primary function of multiplayer is wallbounce shotgun fighting, they will only limit their fanbase...

I think they should have the shotgun how it is in Gears 2 (currently), but dramatically enhance the multiplayer gameplay and gameplay modes with such a thing as Class-Based Guardian (with each side having reinforced bases similar to horde mode), big team battles (with at least 10 on 10 battles), new weapons, enhanced melee options/possible stealth kills from behind (with certain weapons), and the use of vehicles in multiplayer...

Another interesting thing I've thought of is to add some MINOR stealth elements to the online multiplayer, possibly even by incorporating the light/shadow mechanics of some Splinter Cell games into the mix ONLY to the point where (in some sections of a map) you are able to shoot out the lights making it completely pitch black in those areas...
---
#38JacobCurnowPosted 8/10/2014 10:18:22 AM
"Please removed Try Hards&Noobs Used during Versus Following Below
* Sawed Off from from Online Public Versus Mode *
* Retro Lancer from from Online Public Versus Mode *
* Fixed Noobs Wall Bounce from Online Public Versus Mode *
* Fixed Sidestep&Rolls Forward&Rolls Sideway&Rolls Backward&When in Cover Plant Frag so Plant Frag won't blow up without Killing Least someone always *
* Fixed Noobs Two Piece from Online Public Versus Mode *"

Basically what you seem to be suggesting is that online multiplayer should primarily consist of running around, wallbouncing and blindfiring the shotgun --- of which I would add is actually the de-evolution of the series...
---
#39JacobCurnowPosted 8/10/2014 10:28:35 AM
"Please better Gamer Stats Following Below
* Wins/Rage Quitting (Before Match Starts, During Match, Before Match Ends) *
* Wins/Lost (Without Leaving until Match Ends) *
* Kills/Deaths (Kills without Added Help from Teammate) *
* Kills/Deaths (Kills with Added Help from Teammate) *
* Ingame Blocking System (Let Gamer blocks everyone from Try Hards, Noobs, Hackers, Glitchers, 6-16 Years Old Kids) *"

^---With this one, I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, but I can take a guess...

It looks like you're saying that rage quitting should give people their negative stats and/or LACK of stats all together, regardless of whether or not the quit the match before or during the match... With this one, let's give a little bit of history...

-Many people on Gears of War 2 still believe that quitting out a game is actually able to SPARE THEM from whatever poor stats they had while playing, but this is actually false. The obvious argument from folks is "well I checked my stats BEFORE the game, quit one out after acquiring some stats and checked them again after the quitout, and they didn't change"...

^---The answer to this riddle is that stats you acquired during your quit out game will upload AFTER THE HOST completes the match, whether he/she finishes it completely, or quits it out... So basically what I'm saying is that there is NO WAY to intentionally delete stats you have acquired in a ranked match, however... There are SOME circumstances where, when playing with or against too many bots (on whichever team) will keep you from having ANY of your stats registering...

-Ranked Gears 3 was obviously a little bit different, in the sense that (if you quit out a ranked match) --- not only will you NOT get a single one of your stats --- you will only have all of your deaths registered (plus an additional death, as a penalty, for quitting). Gears 2 did not follow this exact formula, however, it does (in fact) add in the single death for quitting --- in addition to all your other stats.

-I believe that the solution to the problem is to simply give people ALL of their stats from a game they quitout, without modifying them in any way, and simply UP the incomplete match penalty... I've noticed that the Gears 3 system still doesn't keep people from quitting on a regular basis.
---
#40crynryanPosted 8/10/2014 12:11:08 PM
Most people don't care about the ranking system, so just giving them an XP penalty won't do much. I've been at max rank in Gears 3 for over 2 years now, and almost thought about finding a way to reset it, but then I'd probably lose my Seriously medal and all that too, which I don't want.

I did purposefully reset my Gears 2 rank 4 times, each time at max rank.

Hopefully Gears 4 just lets you rank up as many times as you want without having a hard limit.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)