Gears of war remakes and gears 4 *spoliers*

#41IHATEMYGTPosted 8/10/2014 12:20:29 PM
It was never explained where the locust actually came from was it? I think either the source coming up with a new batch or humans working with the locust against a new threat are probably the 2 ways they could go.
---
Make the internet the place YOU want it to be :)
#42JacobCurnowPosted 8/10/2014 12:20:48 PM
crynryan posted...
Most people don't care about the ranking system, so just giving them an XP penalty won't do much. I've been at max rank in Gears 3 for over 2 years now, and almost thought about finding a way to reset it, but then I'd probably lose my Seriously medal and all that too, which I don't want.

I did purposefully reset my Gears 2 rank 4 times, each time at max rank.

Hopefully Gears 4 just lets you rank up as many times as you want without having a hard limit.

It's hard to say what most people care about without extensive polling data, but I think we could use your argument and apply it to people who don't care able their stats --- because (evidently) there are enough people out there, who don't care about stats, to consistently quit games...

I think that if there were a system to deter people from quitting, then maybe it should be used... On the same token, however, there are plenty of circumstances when it may be legitimately necessary to quit... If a system to deter people cannot be implemented, which (at this point, it hasn't), then they should just let people quit.
---
Formerly known as SnakeDizzle.
#43crynryanPosted 8/10/2014 12:26:16 PM
IHATEMYGT posted...
It was never explained where the locust actually came from was it? I think either the source coming up with a new batch or humans working with the locust against a new threat are probably the 2 ways they could go.

Not in the games (although the New Hope facility in the 2nd game did explain a little bit with the collectibles), but there was a pretty extensive post on Epic's forums from an artist who worked on the games that explained everything pretty much. It all boils down to the Locust were always there and the Queen was an experiment gone wrong that hated humans for what they did to her so she left and become the Queen.

JacobCurnow posted...

It's hard to say what most people care about without extensive polling data, but I think we could use your argument and apply it to people who don't care able their stats --- because (evidently) there are enough people out there, who don't care about stats, to consistently quit games...

I think that if there were a system to deter people from quitting, then maybe it should be used... On the same token, however, there are plenty of circumstances when it may be legitimately necessary to quit... If a system to deter people cannot be implemented, which (at this point, it hasn't), then they should just let people quit.

They could always just stick people together with other quitters for a few games like other games already do. The reason why the other games didn't do it is mostly because Gears matchmaking isn't really matchmaking (at least in the sense of how Halo or COD does it), and just pairs you up with anybody they find. If they were to actually implement algorithms to determine pairings of comparable skill levels between players, they'd be able to set people into quitter groups.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#44GymTanSoccerPosted 8/10/2014 12:43:10 PM
Game needs to fix something where all the selectable players online are the same size.

ie Females in the game are shorter and skinnier.
---
XB1 GT: GymTanSoccer :: We will always have the best exclusives, online and controller
#45JacobCurnowPosted 8/10/2014 1:01:51 PM
"They could always just stick people together with other quitters for a few games like other games already do. The reason why the other games didn't do it is mostly because Gears matchmaking isn't really matchmaking (at least in the sense of how Halo or COD does it), and just pairs you up with anybody they find. If they were to actually implement algorithms to determine pairings of comparable skill levels between players, they'd be able to set people into quitter groups."

With spies operating all over Xbox Live, as has been revealed in mainstream news, you would think that some of the high tech stuff going on (and interacting) with gaming should be used to the gamers advantage --- and I agree with you completely that better (and more advanced) algorithms should be used for matchmaking... The problem with this, however, is that as the games population dies out --- these algorithms can do nothing but break down...

So I propose that they figure something out which will give players the ability to jump regions and play, on a CONSISTENT and at will basis, people all over the world... I played Gears of War 2 Guardian to the point where I had some of the highest stats, and skills, in the world --- and I certainly played the majority of games on my regional servers against people from the United States, Mexico, South America, the islands, etc. However, I wasn't satisfied with this, and decided to eventually JUMP regional servers over into Europe --- where we would be able to play people from Poland, France, Britain, Germany (the list goes on) virtually every single game...

^---All that was required to do such a thing was to have a buddy of mine, who was all time 3rd ranked at the time (Spartacus) host the lobby... Although there was, indeed, some pretty consistent lag --- it really didn't effect me that much, and it was just more of the same (from me)... I can't tell you enough how fun it was to see new people every match, though, and I hope they can make it smoother to compete across the entire globe on the next Gears.

One thing they should do for the next Gears is also create an All Star game mode, only featuring play types with respawns, where you are not able to be in a party.
---
#46crynryanPosted 8/10/2014 1:20:07 PM
Due to the way Live's servers are set up for the One, what they can do is figure out who's going to be in the game, and select the server that will work best for everybody. So if you're on the West Coast of the US, and you're playing with someone in the UK, it could determine that the best server would be on the East Coast of the US. That way, you're playing with the closest server to you that also has the best connection to your opponent.

But with the algorithms that choose which players, it should be easy enough for them to start including people of different skill levels if it can't find people fast enough.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#47Bob_Loblaw215Posted 8/10/2014 1:28:46 PM
I think Gears of War 4 should be done similar to the books, going back and forth between the Pendulum Wars and the Locust war. The squad could be made up of; Victor Hoffman, Adam Fenix, Helena Stroud and Bernie Mataki from the 26th Royal Tyran Infantry during the Pendulum Wars sections.

For the locust sections, maybe something like Judgment with a story set early on during the War. I enjoyed Judgments story so I wouldn't mind another sort of prequel game like that. Maybe it could be about another squad doing some other stuff at the same time as the events of the first trilogy.

I'm sure Black Tusk will think of something better though and I love Gears so I hope they do a great job with it.
#48JacobCurnowPosted 8/10/2014 2:03:54 PM
Bob_Loblaw215 posted...
I think Gears of War 4 should be done similar to the books, going back and forth between the Pendulum Wars and the Locust war. The squad could be made up of; Victor Hoffman, Adam Fenix, Helena Stroud and Bernie Mataki from the 26th Royal Tyran Infantry during the Pendulum Wars sections.

For the locust sections, maybe something like Judgment with a story set early on during the War. I enjoyed Judgments story so I wouldn't mind another sort of prequel game like that. Maybe it could be about another squad doing some other stuff at the same time as the events of the first trilogy.

I'm sure Black Tusk will think of something better though and I love Gears so I hope they do a great job with it.

I really don't want to have a Human versus Human Gears game, unless the Pendulum Wars section were just a Act and/or Chapter... Judgment, on the other hand, I actually enjoyed quite a bit --- but that's probably because I had like the highest K/D in the world on Over Run the first 3 weeks after it came out... I would imagine the people feeding me kills didn't feel the same way about the game.
---
#49Ada-Wong-FanPosted 8/10/2014 2:18:44 PM
This is for Online Versus Mode
* Removed Sawed Off from from Online Versus Mode *
* Removed Retro Lancer from from Online Versus Mode *
* Removed Noobs Wall Bounce from Online Versus Mode *
* Removed Sidestep&Rolls Forward&Rolls Sideway&Rolls Backward&When in Cover Plant Frag so Plant Frag won't blow up without Killing Least someone always *
* Removed Noobs Two Piece from Online Versus Mode *

This is for Gamer Ingame Stats
* Wins/Rage Quitting (Before Match Starts, During Match, Before Match Ends) *
* Wins/Lost (Without Leaving until Match Ends) *
* Kills/Deaths (Kills without Added Help from Teammate) *
* Kills/Deaths (Kills with Added Help from Teammate) *
* Ingame Blocking System (Let Gamer blocks everyone from Try Hards, Noobs, Hackers, Glitchers, 6-16 Years Old Kids) *

Sorry my Typing is Bad
---
My Prediction Release Dates of Final Fantasy XV (Japan Release Date: Christmas 2014) / (International Release Date: January 16 2015)
#50JacobCurnowPosted 8/12/2014 7:46:29 AM
Ada-Wong-Fan posted...
This is for Online Versus Mode
* Removed Sawed Off from from Online Versus Mode *
* Removed Retro Lancer from from Online Versus Mode *
* Removed Noobs Wall Bounce from Online Versus Mode *
* Removed Sidestep&Rolls Forward&Rolls Sideway&Rolls Backward&When in Cover Plant Frag so Plant Frag won't blow up without Killing Least someone always *
* Removed Noobs Two Piece from Online Versus Mode *

This is for Gamer Ingame Stats
* Wins/Rage Quitting (Before Match Starts, During Match, Before Match Ends) *
* Wins/Lost (Without Leaving until Match Ends) *
* Kills/Deaths (Kills without Added Help from Teammate) *
* Kills/Deaths (Kills with Added Help from Teammate) *
* Ingame Blocking System (Let Gamer blocks everyone from Try Hards, Noobs, Hackers, Glitchers, 6-16 Years Old Kids) *

Sorry my Typing is Bad

I still don't know if I got what you're saying in the second section... But dude, as far as catering to people who (predominantly) want to run around and shotgun wallbounce fight in every game mode, it just gets silly after 4 games.

I think they should take advantage of the Xbox One's new hardware and create 10 on 10 big team battles with drivable vehicles, expand on the class-based system they brought in with Judgment (which was one of the best Gears of War ideas so far, in theory), bring in some new weapons (while keeping the old), and maybe put in a 1v1 shotgun only gameplay type.
---