xbox losing lead platform status

#1NSGraphitePosted 8/9/2014 4:41:46 PM
http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/740533-rumor-third-party-developers-moving-xbox-ps4-droves

According to this article, the ps4's huge lead has made it the lead/favored platform among 3rd parties.

Will this continue for the whole generation, or can microsoft recover it's mojo?
#2TheBorderColliePosted 8/9/2014 4:47:30 PM
"Credible industry insider" Tidux is also one of the most well-known Sony fanboys on the planet. Even his Twitter bio and feed show it off.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
#3WhiteAngel50Posted 8/9/2014 4:48:07 PM
These tpoics never get old apparently about sales. *sighs*
---
Xbox GT: Whiteangel50
#4RCW29Posted 8/9/2014 4:56:11 PM
Losing? That ship sailed long ago pal. Xbox LOST lead platform status, from the START. That's what happens when you are the most powerful and dominating all others.
#5billsfanno1Posted 8/9/2014 5:04:25 PM
With Assassins Creed Unity only at 720p on PS4, I doubt that's true. Looks like PS4 can't handle the number of simultaneous characters on screen that X1 can, and Ubi won't go the route of fogging in Paris to make it work. Also, as Azure becomes more available to developers, they will increasingly be drawn to the platform.

It's possible that indie developers will be the ones who go to PS4 in droves. It's an easy transition from PS3 and PS gamers mostly just support free or cheap gaames.
#6AzaneAzerPosted 8/9/2014 5:05:48 PM
Xbox lost 3rd party support before the reveal, when devs got wind of the Required Kinect and SKU diverting power towards the useless peripheral (in most titles).

The only 3rd party support left are titles getting large pay offs.
#7Juzten76Posted 8/9/2014 5:07:58 PM
The console with the most power should always be the lead platform. Makes perfect sense.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#8NSGraphite(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 5:30:07 PM
Juzten76 posted...
The console with the most power should always be the lead platform. Makes perfect sense.

That would be the PC then.

But yeah, makes perfect sense to me.
#9mokmuudPosted 8/9/2014 5:33:03 PM
NSGraphite posted...
Juzten76 posted...

You seemed to miss that bit.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#10Troll_DirectoryPosted 8/9/2014 5:35:11 PM
NSGraphite posted...
Juzten76 posted...

the pc is the lead platform this gen. especially because of the ease in porting to ps4 and xo, compared to previous consoles.