xbox losing lead platform status

#11Perry_TankoPosted 8/9/2014 5:41:11 PM
NSGraphite posted...
http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/740533-rumor-third-party-developers-moving-xbox-ps4-droves

According to this article...

>cites 4th tier gaming site
>which cites known Sony fanboy
>"mojo"

CLASSIC.
---
Board question on CE: What killed the Dreamcast? Best answer by __Cam__: Saturn. GD-ROM. Stolar. EA. Money.
Officially, this is Perry Tanko.
#12aheroafakePosted 8/9/2014 5:41:48 PM
RCW29 posted...
Losing? That ship sailed long ago pal. Xbox LOST lead platform status, from the START. That's what happens when you are the most powerful and dominating all others.

I guess someone forgot that PS3 wasn't the leading platform last generation even though it was more powerful than Xbox 360.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#13PorungaPosted 8/9/2014 6:00:49 PM
aheroafake posted...
RCW29 posted...
Losing? That ship sailed long ago pal. Xbox LOST lead platform status, from the START. That's what happens when you are the most powerful and dominating all others.

I guess someone forgot that PS3 wasn't the leading platform last generation even though it was more powerful than Xbox 360.

It may have been more powerful, but 360 was easier to develop for, was the first system out, and had a large lead on the competition at the start. All of those things lead 360 to be the lead platform. This time around, ps4 has the stronger hardware, the larger install base, as well as being easier to develop for.
#14BlakBillMitchelPosted 8/9/2014 6:02:57 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
With Assassins Creed Unity only at 720p on PS4, I doubt that's true. Looks like PS4 can't handle the number of simultaneous characters on screen that X1 can, and Ubi won't go the route of fogging in Paris to make it work. Also, as Azure becomes more available to developers, they will increasingly be drawn to the platform.

It's possible that indie developers will be the ones who go to PS4 in droves. It's an easy transition from PS3 and PS gamers mostly just support free or cheap gaames.

If its only 720 on PS4 you can bet its gonna be that or lower on the One.
#15aheroafakePosted 8/9/2014 6:04:49 PM
Porunga posted...
aheroafake posted...
RCW29 posted...

It may have been more powerful, but 360 was easier to develop for, was the first system out, and had a large lead on the competition at the start. All of those things lead 360 to be the lead platform. This time around, ps4 has the stronger hardware, the larger install base, as well as being easier to develop for.

I know Xbox 360 was much easier to develop for. I was just trying to point out the flaw in that user's statement.
---
#16NSGraphite(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 6:07:09 PM
Perry_Tanko posted...
NSGraphite posted...
http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/740533-rumor-third-party-developers-moving-xbox-ps4-droves

According to this article...

>cites 4th tier gaming site
>which cites known Sony fanboy
>"mojo"

CLASSIC.

Why thank you. i didnt think anyone would notice.
#17PoweredMilkManPosted 8/9/2014 6:47:12 PM
Lol Tidux
---
X1 GT:Bloodandbourbon Ps4 ID:Bloodandbourbon
#18jairusmonillasPosted 8/9/2014 6:50:20 PM
Xbox One is too weak to be a lead console lol
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB gDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#19Red LinkPosted 8/9/2014 7:07:02 PM
For the past few generations it's always been the least powerful console that sold the best. The winners of last 3 generations were the PS1, PS2, and Wii. Each of those was the least powerful console in their respective generations.
---
3DSFC: 1977-0327-8740
#20aheroafakePosted 8/9/2014 7:08:53 PM
Red Link posted...
For the past few generations it's always been the least powerful console that sold the best. The winners of last 3 generations were the PS1, PS2, and Wii. Each of those was the least powerful console in their respective generations.

If I remember correctly, weren't those three consoles you mentioned the least expensive consoles as well?
---