xbox losing lead platform status

#81Sinizta03Posted 8/10/2014 6:18:27 PM
orestes1981 posted...
The PS4 has outsold the Xbox One every month this year, and they split November and December of last year. If July NPD holds current, the PS4 will outsell the Xbox One for the seventh month in a row. That just means the lead is growing and growing.

Now, I understand some posters do not want to admit that companies want to make money. I understand that some posters do not understand that a company will release a game on the system that will generate the most revenue. I understand how some posters cannot accept that multi-platform games sell better on the PS4 than the Xbox One, but it is just a game system.

People should buy the Xbox One only for the exclusives. They can go single console, but they will have to accept that their version of games will be inferior to the PS4 counterpart. In my opinion, if a person is going to be a single console owner, they can pick the PS4 (best console version of games) or the Wii U (their exclusives).

Owning two consoles, the PS4 & Wii U is superior choice than owning a Xbox One & Wii U or PS4 & Xbox One (too much overlap in this case).
To add to this post, the only reason the Xbox Done won the NPD in December is literally because the PS4 was severely supply constrained and Microsoft threw every deal they could out there to win it. PS4 and Wii U is the perfect gaming ecosystem. Unless one enjoys the worst multiplats, fewer games and inferior online then getting Xbox is a pretty bad investment. Oh and the lack of exclusives for them will only get worse since the days of them moneyhatting everything is done and they've shown to support their consoles less and less as each year goes by with their almost nonexistent stable of 1st party studios.
---
PSN : TMB903
#82SparkItUpPosted 8/10/2014 7:16:09 PM(edited)
LaManoNeraII posted...
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...
They have identical architecture, "lead platform" literally makes no sense in this context

Erm no, they don't. Not sure where you got that from.

Yes

Their architecture is literally identical. Which is also literally identical to PC architecture. Lead platform this gen will be PC. Xbone/PS4 are literally mid-range PCs. They are not proprietary hardware.

3 questions:

1) How would it figuratively make no sense in the context?

2) How would the architecture be figuratively identical?

3) How could the Xbone/PS4 be figuratively mid-range PCs?

I only ask because it seems you go out of the way to use the word "literally" which means there must be a contrast of them being possibly figurative or do you just like to use the word literally? Please explain.

LaManoNeraII posted...

Nope

Deal with it. The PS4 isn't some masterpiece of engineering as a gift to developers. It's a cheap, mid-range PC built with off the shelf components to save on costs because Sony lost billions of dollars on the PS3. Games this gen will be developed on PCs and ported to consoles.

Did you mean that literally?
#83LaManoNeraIIPosted 8/10/2014 7:23:10 PM
I literally could not be more literal
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009