I bet I can guess Microsofts big announcement

#11lunaticcorePosted 8/10/2014 1:25:49 AM
Goregasm17 posted...
VR has never made it. Look at the history of VR. Oculus got close, then Facebook bought it.

VR is nothing more than a matter of time. The technology has never been where it needs to be to support it, but it isn't like inventing something new, they are just waiting for the power to get to where it needs to be to support it properly.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#12glenrich9908Posted 8/10/2014 1:27:47 AM
i wouldnt be surprized if it is about a head set. but i dont care for headsets i traded mine i got for xbox the week i got my X1 in feb
---
GT: BigGlenLive
#13Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/10/2014 1:29:48 AM
Microsoft gave up on VR, like they did with the Cloud. You can tell when they criticize their competitors for the things that they're never going to do themselves.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#14SparkItUpPosted 8/10/2014 1:31:04 AM
INikeOne89 posted...
Probably a stupid VR headset, sure they gotta compete with Sony on theirs.... Good god. I'll never give into buying that stuff.

While I favor innovation, I really feel that both companies have made a mistake going down this road of trying to make a fad mainstream. Just my personal opinion.
#15miethaPosted 8/10/2014 1:31:15 AM
INikeOne89 posted...
Probably a stupid VR headset, sure they gotta compete with Sony on theirs.... Good god. I'll never give into buying that stuff.

I think you're thinking of sony there bucky. Sony is the company whose whole strategy is "if other systems are doing it, and fans like it, copy it; if they don't, do the opposite". They've not had an original idea, well, pretty much ever. Oh, wait, I'll give them the wonderbook...
#16SparkItUpPosted 8/10/2014 1:36:46 AM(edited)
lunaticcore posted...
Goregasm17 posted...
VR has never made it. Look at the history of VR. Oculus got close, then Facebook bought it.

VR is nothing more than a matter of time. The technology has never been where it needs to be to support it, but it isn't like inventing something new, they are just waiting for the power to get to where it needs to be to support it properly.

VR is a catch 22 however. People don't want it unless it's true VR with a comfortable headset (something never delivered) and low cost...but the companies won't innovate something like this due to the non returnable costs involved and the fans will continually reject the idea until they get a crisp picture, confortable headset & low cost. Again however, these are things that cannot be obtained without further fan acceptance of the product which will further spur innovation.

While VR is caught in this back & forth, a lot of money is being spent and it will get to the point where cost analysis will show that it is not cost effective to further VR technology (as far as the gaming sector is concerned). What both companies need to do is get outside interests interested in the idea of VR into whatever field the interest is a part of (medical, mechanical, etc) and then transport that technology over into gaming. As long as they focus VR as a means of entertainment, they are going to be stuck in the back & forth of fan rejection & cost of innovation.
#17TauriLeaderPosted 8/10/2014 1:36:33 AM
The big announcement is going to be a price cut in Europe. Xbox One with Kinect for 399.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#18SparkItUpPosted 8/10/2014 1:37:16 AM
TauriLeader posted...
The big announcement is going to be a price cut in Europe. Xbox One with Kinect for 399.

I would not be entirely surprised by this (even though I doubt it is coming)
#19NeoMonkPosted 8/10/2014 1:38:23 AM
I foresee another 180 coming, we're due for another one...
---
*Demands Sony and Nintendo release NEW games but is excited to play 10 year old remakes in Halo Collection* -XBOX1 Forums
#20SparkItUpPosted 8/10/2014 1:39:46 AM
NeoMonk posted...
I foresee another 180 coming, we're due for another one...

running out of things to 180 on at this point aren't they? I mean unless they 180 on something they've already 180'd on...which in a sense would make it a 360...