Fastest selling game this gen is 1.5mil in 24 hours, guess what it is. Does MCC

#11spacejamjordanzPosted 8/10/2014 10:17:15 AM
I love the game, but you know what this means?

Prepare for a lot more remasters. Easy cash-ins for publishers.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#12velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2014 10:17:28 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
It likely won't... Almost half the user base would have to buy it within a day to break 2 mil

Spetsnaz420 posted...
It likely won't... Almost half the user base would have to buy it within a day to break 2 mil

ouch
---
Lyrical masterpiece, shutter island before the movie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ChdeidHyk
#13spacejamjordanzPosted 8/10/2014 10:18:19 AM
mokmuud posted...
Juzten76 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
Have a chance? You guys think MCC will drop this much heat in 24 hours?
http://www.insiderp.com/the-last-of-us-remastered-day-1-sales.html

Congrats to Last of Us! Also, congrats to anyone buying the MCC because you are in for a great experience no matter how many copies another game sells! Game on friends!

I agree. I'm not a halo fan but you're getting a lot for your money.

Agreed. MCC is an incredible value.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#14Bladez_89Posted 8/10/2014 10:18:50 AM
BDJayce posted...
ZatchBell posted...
Will easily beat that. Halo is a far bigger game in terms of sales than the Last of Us or any Naughty Dog game for that matter.

I wouldn't say 'easily'. You have to realize that MCC is just the same games people have bought before with updated graphics and new multiplayer. While it sounds enticing there are some who might feel the indignation of having to purchase the same games twice.

Remastered games are nice obviously but all the MCC is offering that's new is graphics, a multiplayer that has been seen before, and a beta for Halo 5.

What's different about the remaster for TLoU to the PS3 version? Your argument is invalid.
---
Gamertag: B1ADE5
#15miethaPosted 8/10/2014 10:21:02 AM
No, but CoD will.
#16orestes1981Posted 8/10/2014 10:21:56 AM
MCC will outsell that because it is really the only reason to own the console now. People bought the Xbox One for Halo. So, I could see it getting like 2 million in 24 hours, and it will stick to around 3-4 million. However, I do not think it will really move consoles unless they make it a pack-in.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#17Juzten76Posted 8/10/2014 10:25:54 AM(edited)
Bladez_89 posted...
BDJayce posted...
ZatchBell posted...
Will easily beat that. Halo is a far bigger game in terms of sales than the Last of Us or any Naughty Dog game for that matter.

I wouldn't say 'easily'. You have to realize that MCC is just the same games people have bought before with updated graphics and new multiplayer. While it sounds enticing there are some who might feel the indignation of having to purchase the same games twice.

Remastered games are nice obviously but all the MCC is offering that's new is graphics, a multiplayer that has been seen before, and a beta for Halo 5.

What's different about the remaster for TLoU to the PS3 version? Your argument is invalid.

Lol! That's great! Defending the rerelease of a game by insulting the idea or rereleasing a game.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#18BDJaycePosted 8/10/2014 10:28:54 AM
Bladez_89 posted...
BDJayce posted...
ZatchBell posted...

Crap sorry that was my bad. I thought it was the original TLoU not the remastered. I wasn't paying attention that's my bad guys. I apologize.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#19Juzten76Posted 8/10/2014 10:30:12 AM
BDJayce posted...
Bladez_89 posted...
BDJayce posted...
ZatchBell posted...

Crap sorry that was my bad. I thought it was the original TLoU not the remastered. I wasn't paying attention that's my bad guys. I apologize.

You owned your mistake and I applaud you for that. It happens.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#20IzraeilPosted 8/10/2014 10:30:40 AM
I wouldn't say Halo is bigger than TLOU, I mean the last Halo game that sold more than TLOU was Halo 3, since then Halo games sales have declined quite a bit.