Fastest selling game this gen is 1.5mil in 24 hours, guess what it is. Does MCC

#51WarsuhPosted 8/10/2014 11:51:26 AM
dueric posted...
Warsuh posted...
Izraeil posted...
I wouldn't say Halo is bigger than TLOU, I mean the last Halo game that sold more than TLOU was Halo 3, since then Halo games sales have declined quite a bit.

TLOU was at 7 million sales on PS3 a little bit before the remaster was released. Add 1.5 million and thats 8.5 million sales. Halo 4 (arguably the worst of the halos) still sold 9.08 million copies. Halo Reach sold 9.58 copies. Those are the 2 games that followed Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST. So your statement is false.

Also just because it sold 7 million copies doesn't mean 7 million people are fans of The Last Of Us. Halo has consistently sold over 9 million copies for 3 main games in a row. Excluding ODST and the Halo CE anniversary since those aren't main games I'm not counting them. So you can argue that Halo has atleast a fanbase of 9 million people. Now if TLoU becomes a franchise and the next one sells 7 million then you can say it has a fanbase of atleast 7 million. But until then I wouldn't count on the fanbase being larger the halo silly goose.

When they sell The Last of Us in 7/11, Sony fans can compare it and Halo.

Yeah idk why they are comparing it even now. Lol.
#52Robin_MaskPosted 8/10/2014 11:53:24 AM
Warsuh posted...
That is just a remaster. Halo 3, Reach, and 4 have outsold TLoU on PS3. I'm not even going to be counting a remastered port as another game.

I think the fact that year old "remastered" games have a ton of sales is sad.
---
KI: Fulgore/Orchid, USFIV: Bison/Evil Ryu/Makoto
#53WarsuhPosted 8/10/2014 11:58:25 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
Warsuh posted...
That is just a remaster. Halo 3, Reach, and 4 have outsold TLoU on PS3. I'm not even going to be counting a remastered port as another game.

I think its sad that people count remastered ports as a new game. Halo 2 anniversary has a very well deservered remaster. But its still not a new game. And even then halo MCC wont outsell Halo 5: Guardians since Halo 5 is a new Halo and MCC is hyping up Halo again.
#54BDJaycePosted 8/10/2014 11:59:16 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
Warsuh posted...

Well it's mostly for the people who didn't get it on the PS3 which seems to be quite a lot of people.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#55EichiroNobunagaPosted 8/10/2014 12:04:09 PM
Playing through Last of Us right now, I really don't see what the hype is.

It's not a bad game, but it's not that great either. Certainly not GotY material let alone a "masterpiece."
---
"Ponies." - Ares
#56Demon_AckerPosted 8/10/2014 12:11:44 PM
I like how no one is doubting that terrible source
lol insiderp
---
http://i.minus.com/i9BFFFKqGH8Je.gif
#57pnut3844Posted 8/10/2014 12:15:04 PM
Another sony fanboy post, imagine that. MCC will slaughter that movie, sorry that game. Nothing beats master chief, deal with it. Sony fanboys are just jealous that they don't have the awesomeness that is halo. It's ok, you can play your fastest settling movie, sorry game.
---
A good game is a good game, regardless of system, res, framerate, and sales. Same goes for systems.
#58Dev445Posted 8/10/2014 12:15:45 PM
dueric posted...
Dev445 posted...
dueric posted...
Only because there's nothing else I want to play.

Seriously, how any fan of any console can be happy with how this gen is all shaking out games wise, completely boggles my mind.

Fixed that for you bud. There are plenty of games out already

Get outta here. So far we've had a handful of average games that last a week. The only game that people still play that's not a last gen port is Titanfall.

XD and you know this how exactly?
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#59TauriLeaderPosted 8/10/2014 12:17:21 PM
How well did Halo remaster on the 360 sell?
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#60pnut3844Posted 8/10/2014 12:17:44 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
Warsuh posted...

But yet you sony fanboys are soooo excited for this remaster. Hypocrites
---
A good game is a good game, regardless of system, res, framerate, and sales. Same goes for systems.