Why does everyone want a high frame rate when our eyes cant see it?

#71jenekiPosted 8/10/2014 8:48:17 PM
If my game isn't rendering frames per Planck Time, I'm not getting enough.
---
Viper Phase 1
#72ArkonBladePosted 8/10/2014 8:51:06 PM
lunaticcore posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Is this like the 720p is better than 1080p argument?

Not really. I would say that their is a valid argument is that 720p is sharp enough and there could be better places to put resources once you hit that resolution. Like locking down a solid fast framerate and using effects that would be more noticeable.

Basically at what point does a higher resolution have less of an impact on image quality than other things that could be added.

Both the PS4 and the X1 should both be doing 1080p 60FPS for all games. This is the next Gen it should be the New standard. The fact that we get all these oddball Resolutions just proves these systems are not up to par with what they should be.

They should have waited one more year.
---
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#73HairyReidPosted 8/10/2014 8:55:18 PM
forthecubbies83 posted...
What I can't tell the difference between is 1080 and 720 res.

Are you playing on a 42" store brand TV?
#74Sith JediPosted 8/10/2014 9:00:45 PM
ArkonBlade posted...
lunaticcore posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Is this like the 720p is better than 1080p argument?

Not really. I would say that their is a valid argument is that 720p is sharp enough and there could be better places to put resources once you hit that resolution. Like locking down a solid fast framerate and using effects that would be more noticeable.

Basically at what point does a higher resolution have less of an impact on image quality than other things that could be added.

Both the PS4 and the X1 should both be doing 1080p 60FPS for all games. This is the next Gen it should be the New standard. The fact that we get all these oddball Resolutions just proves these systems are not up to par with what they should be.

They should have waited one more year.

They can both already do that if sacrifices are made. The bad part about that is the fact that they are making those sacrifices because everyone seems to think higher resolution means better graphics. But all it really means is you're getting a higher detailed view of lower quality textures and/or lower frame rate. Both systems would benefit if developers stopped shooting for 1080p and focused on balancing the resolution with the textures for the best possible quality.

The diminishing returns for resolution drop off very quickly.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#75sldfghtrikePosted 8/10/2014 9:20:40 PM
For me, it was definitive with Battlefield 4. Battlefield 4 came out last October and I had been playing BF4 nonstop since it had came out on the PS3 at 30fps. Then when I got my PS4 in November and played BF4 it was truly a night and day difference for me at 60fps. My best way of describing it is that it is smoother. My opinion of those who say there is no difference between 30 and 60 is that you need to experience 2 games with locked frame rates to tell the difference.
---
PSN: SldFghtrIke
Favorite Series: Metal Gear, Kingdom Hearts, Ace Combat, Uncharted, Spyro, Crash, inFamous, Resident Evil, Dead Space, Golden Sun
#76Homie_202Posted 8/10/2014 9:55:31 PM(edited)
That's actually false. Not everyone can see the difference. But the human eye can see a difference. Its just whether or not you can tell the difference yourself. I can tell a difference easy. Going from BF4 on 360 to PS4 there was a huge difference in the frame rate. There is a really good video on youtube by NCIXcom but I cant find it atm.
#77jellybeanmasterPosted 8/10/2014 11:33:39 PM
Watch a killzone 2. Then watch a MW2 video.
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#78jellybeanmasterPosted 8/10/2014 11:34:52 PM
Watch a killzone 2 video. Then watch a MW2 video. Argument done
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#79Goregasm17Posted 8/11/2014 12:26:48 AM
skermac posted...

inb4 pc elitists say they have to have 120fps

We don't just say it, it's true.

Also, it is a noticeable difference in 30 and 60FPS. HOWEVER, if a game is locked at 30 and everyone else is running 30, there is no point because 30FPS would be fine and play fine. I understand what you're saying, but if you're playing a game that is meant to run at 30fps, you wouldn't notice. If you're playing a game meant to run at 60 and it drops to 30, you'll notice a difference.
#80Amplifier316Posted 8/11/2014 12:30:58 AM
Can't believe people are still making these topics... If you honestly can't see the difference get your eyes checked. Seriously.
---