Ryse: Son of Rome wins top SIGGRAPH award

#11velvet_hammerPosted 8/10/2014 1:32:48 PM
2013 games only, Second Son beats Ryse. Ryse pc will be sick though
---
Lyrical masterpiece, shutter island before the movie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ChdeidHyk
#12iSkadooshPosted 8/10/2014 1:41:14 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Megamushroom666 posted...
And it'll only get better on PC.

Yup but not for the same price as Xbox one

You're right. We'll be able to pick it up in a steam sale for 1/3 the price.
---
Not upset at all, just annoyed that there's absolutely no point in people like you to be on these boards other than to troll your little hearts out. - triple s
#13PorungaPosted 8/10/2014 1:47:43 PM
InjusticeReborn posted...
MasterSword546 posted...
Making a linear game have good graphics is simple. Let me know when there's an open world game with those graphics on Xbone.

Are we back to 'linear game = good graphics made easy'? Because not too long ago we strayed away from that when it was Driveclub versus Forza Horizon 2, didn't we?

Help a fellow out here.

It is a known fact that a linear game will tend to have better visuals because it does not have to render as much at one time. An open world game is MUCH harder to do. That said, there is also art style to consider, system power, and talent of the programmers. Not all programmers are on the same level of technical proficiency. So, it is entirely possible to have a open world game look better than a linear game, and vice versa due to a number of different variables.

Congrats to Ryse for winning the award, although I personally believe that Infamous has the better graphics. Ryse looks great, and it has a LOT of really intricate detail, which is why it won the award, but it IS a linear game, and it has a more "impressive" art style. Infamous has a crazy level of graphics detail for a open world game, and when you zoom in really close via the photo mode the detail gets even more insane. Add on top of that that it IS an open world game so it has to render huge parts of the city all at once, and has to do so very quickly as you can move VERY quickly in the game. To be able to do this, while looking that good, while moving that quickly, with virtually no slow down is far more impressive to me. But that is just me.
#14mokmuudPosted 8/10/2014 1:53:12 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Megamushroom666 posted...
And it'll only get better on PC.

Yup but not for the same price as Xbox one

True but I bought my PC last gen and it still works fine this gen. Not that I'd bother getting Ryse for it.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#15nableetPosted 8/10/2014 1:54:16 PM
Graphics matter again ;-)
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#16mike468Posted 8/10/2014 1:58:02 PM
velvet_hammer posted...

Infamous is considerably overrated. Models and the game environment textures look like crap and last gen. There just hidden behind good lighting, shadows and an overuse of neon colors.

Really infamous SS looks no better than GTA5, it just has the benefit of better hardware for loading the game and making seems more seemless, with no environmental background loading, that open world games suffered from last gen.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#17PorungaPosted 8/10/2014 2:02:42 PM
mike468 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

Infamous is considerably overrated. Models and the game environment textures look like crap and last gen. There just hidden behind good lighting, shadows and an overuse of neon colors.

Really infamous SS looks no better than GTA5, it just has the benefit of better hardware for loading the game and making seems more seemless, with no environmental background loading, that open world games suffered from last gen.

You have no idea what you are talking about. If you saw more than just screen shots you would know that isn't true.
#18SoulTrapperPosted 8/10/2014 2:16:05 PM
It certainly is one of the best looking games out right now.

It would be nice to know what games it competed against, since it's a contest you need to enter your game in, in order to compete, not just a general competition.
#19Juzten76(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2014 3:35:20 PM
Why can't I post good news about an Xbox One game on the Xbox One message board without hurting people's feelings? Some of these people should just wear a sign that says "I'm threatened by the Xbox One and need to reassure myself whenever someone says something good about it.", because that is exactly what is happening here.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#20bossk5Posted 8/10/2014 3:38:12 PM
Juzten76 posted...
Why can't I post good news about an Xbox One game on the Xbox One message board without hurting people's feelings? Some of these people should just wear a sign that says "I'm threatened by the Xbox One and need to reassure myself whenever someone says something good about it.", because that is exactly what is happening here.

Many an anus was left stinging for sure. That is the state of this board though. .. If it isn't negative. . It isn't welcome.
---
I buy used games. I own a PS4, so according to Gamefaqs law I now have the right to act like a complete douchebag on the Xbox One board.