Ryse: Son of Rome wins top SIGGRAPH award

#21Juzten76(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2014 3:43:20 PM
bossk5 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
Why can't I post good news about an Xbox One game on the Xbox One message board without hurting people's feelings? Some of these people should just wear a sign that says "I'm threatened by the Xbox One and need to reassure myself whenever someone says something good about it.", because that is exactly what is happening here.

Many an anus was left stinging for sure. That is the state of this board though. .. If it isn't negative. . It isn't welcome.

Your sig pretty much sums it up.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#22aheroafakePosted 8/10/2014 3:47:16 PM
DojoMax posted...
MasterSword546 posted...
Making a linear game have good graphics is simple. Let me know when there's an open world game with those graphics on Xbone.

True. That's why you've made so many.

Can you be anymore naive?
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#23bossk5Posted 8/10/2014 3:49:53 PM
There's no laws in this place! Anything goes! It's Thunderdome!
---
I buy used games. I own a PS4, so according to Gamefaqs law I now have the right to act like a complete douchebag on the Xbox One board.
#24Robin_MaskPosted 8/10/2014 3:54:28 PM
MasterSword546 posted...
Making a linear game have good graphics is simple. Let me know when there's an open world game with those graphics on Xbone.

What's amusing is that games like TLOU, MGS4, God of War and Uncharted are the same.

Also, GTAV already did a hell of a job last gen and MGSV is proving to be a powerhouse when it comes to graphics and open world.
---
KI: Fulgore/Orchid, USFIV: Bison/Evil Ryu/Makoto
#25leelee3105Posted 8/10/2014 6:08:23 PM
Porunga posted...
mike468 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
2013 games only, Second Son beats Ryse. Ryse pc will be sick though

Infamous is considerably overrated. Models and the game environment textures look like crap and last gen. There just hidden behind good lighting, shadows and an overuse of neon colors.

Really infamous SS looks no better than GTA5, it just has the benefit of better hardware for loading the game and making seems more seemless, with no environmental background loading, that open world games suffered from last gen.

You have no idea what you are talking about. If you saw more than just screen shots you would know that isn't true.

Actually he is pretty much dead on. Wait, what's all this water??? Help. I'm drowning in salty pony tears
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online>>resolution
#26leatheljPosted 8/10/2014 6:30:37 PM
Good for ryse I guess. I really wanted a part 2 oh well......
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#27mike468Posted 8/10/2014 7:51:33 PM(edited)
Porunga posted...
mike468 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

Infamous is considerably overrated. Models and the game environment textures look like crap and last gen. There just hidden behind good lighting, shadows and an overuse of neon colors.

Really infamous SS looks no better than GTA5, it just has the benefit of better hardware for loading the game and making seems more seemless, with no environmental background loading, that open world games suffered from last gen.

You have no idea what you are talking about. If you saw more than just screen shots you would know that isn't true.

Completed 2 full playthrough + Paper Trail. Pretty sure I know what the **** I'm talking about.

The game is highly stylized and uses shadows, lights, water reflections and a **** ton of neon color to hide how last gen a lot of the assets are in the game.

I'm not even going to get into how damn repetitive and trivial the game is on top of that, yet Ryse gets **** for being "repetitive" in it's own right?

Fact is the game was released 4 months into this consoles life cycle. Sony fans are kidding themselves if they honestly think Infamous: SS was developed from the ground up as a next gen title.

The game was probably in development and unannounced when the ps4 was revealed. The devs decided to push the game back as a ps4 exclusive to take advance of better hardware for rendering the lighting and shading. Better memory bandwidth so they didn't have to compress the textures as much and better world rendering, so things seemed more seemless and you don't get draw distances popping in, like last gen.

Nothing about the game's assets though, scream next gen. Graphically it's on par with tomb raider definitive edition. We just don't have the benefit of a past gen version of the game to make comparisons.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#28leelee3105Posted 8/10/2014 9:47:16 PM
mike468 posted...
Porunga posted...
mike468 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

Completed 2 full playthrough + Paper Trail. Pretty sure I know what the **** I'm talking about.

The game is highly stylized and uses shadows, lights, water reflections and a **** ton of neon color to hide how last gen a lot of the assets are in the game.

I'm not even going to get into how damn repetitive and trivial the game is on top of that, yet Ryse gets **** for being "repetitive" in it's own right?

Fact is the game was released 4 months into this consoles life cycle. Sony fans are kidding themselves if they honestly think Infamous: SS was developed from the ground up as a next gen title.

The game was probably in development and unannounced when the ps4 was revealed. The devs decided to push the game back as a ps4 exclusive to take advance of better hardware for rendering the lighting and shading. Better memory bandwidth so they didn't have to compress the textures as much and better world rendering, so things seemed more seemless and you don't get draw distances popping in, like last gen.

Nothing about the game's assets though, scream next gen. Graphically it's on par with tomb raider definitive edition. We just don't have the benefit of a past gen version of the game to make comparisons.

Looks like you shut the troll down with that last post! Good job sir
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
#29RCW29Posted 8/10/2014 9:52:56 PM
leelee3105 posted...
mike468 posted...
Porunga posted...
mike468 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

How was he a troll? I certainly didn't see him say anything that was trolling. And how exactly did he shut him down? Because he hasn't responded yet? I don't know why I am surprised, this kind of garbage is exactly the kind of #### I have come to expect from people like you.
#30leelee3105Posted 8/10/2014 11:27:15 PM
eelee3105 posted...
mike468 posted...
Porunga posted...
mike468 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

How was he a troll? I certainly didn't see him say anything that was trolling. And how exactly did he shut him down? Because he hasn't responded yet? I don't know why I am surprised, this kind of garbage is exactly the kind of #### I have come to expect from people like you.

YES YES, let the butt hurt flow through you
---