Microsoft should've just swept early adopters under the rug...

#1JiZamezPosted 8/10/2014 11:27:56 PM
And released a higher spec model without the kinect, to have the edge over on the PS4. Despite the godawful PR and negativity surrounding the Xbone on release, it still managed to 180 its policies and has somewhat healthy amount of sales under its belt thus far but they can't do anything about sites rambling about the PS4 outperforming it in multiplats over and over again.

They should've tried having a new revision out shortly after release and just take the loss (since they obviously have the money) of early adopters for a better long term plan. People would be outraged at first but it would probably have worked out in the long run. Hell, they could've even compensated early adopters down the line somehow. It would've made sense considering the original vision of the Xbone has been completely lost at this point.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/MapleStory
My eyes are open and my pants are off. Time to go on a date!
#2SparkItUpPosted 8/10/2014 11:34:44 PM
I disagree

Had they done this, it would have totally alienated then entire consumer base both present & future. This would not have ended well...so in that sense, I would disagree

If they would have come out with another SKU and gradually phased out the older, it still would have alienated the consumer base & their confidence both present & future.

There really is nothing for them to do except weather through the generation and come back next gen with their A game.
#3Limp_sugarPosted 8/10/2014 11:36:06 PM
Doing such a thing would admit defeat. Companies usually don't admit defeat til after they're dead.
---
Support your developer. Buy new.
#4reptileeggPosted 8/10/2014 11:38:01 PM
Limp_sugar posted...
Doing such a thing would admit defeat. Companies usually don't admit defeat til after they're dead.

name one company that's dead.
#5WarsuhPosted 8/10/2014 11:42:40 PM
reptileegg posted...
Limp_sugar posted...

THQ
#6lunaticcorePosted 8/10/2014 11:46:19 PM
It probably would have been the first step in actually Dreamcasting the Xbox brand.

They wouldn't have recovered from that.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#7SparkItUpPosted 8/10/2014 11:48:20 PM
lunaticcore posted...
It probably would have been the first step in actually Dreamcasting the Xbox brand.

They wouldn't have recovered from that.

exactimundo.
#8bigshot2000Posted 8/10/2014 11:50:12 PM(edited)
Warsuh posted...
reptileegg posted...
Limp_sugar posted...

THQ

Neversoft

Pandemic Studios
---
If 3DS is announced to be coming out in November
ShadowofStatue: I will pee, for the first time in my life T-Viral-X: You...YOU ARE INHUMAN!
#9slowdog76Posted 8/10/2014 11:50:50 PM
early adopters are always the foundation on which a consoles success is built. to scrap and start again would instantly negate all of that foundation and put them in a harder position moving forward
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#10Miiri0Posted 8/11/2014 12:11:35 AM
Microsoft already screw early adopters with with very early price drop, kinectless sku, free games, bundle bundle bundle.

Those still not enough?