Microsoft should've just swept early adopters under the rug...

#11Iceman83Posted 8/11/2014 12:32:54 AM
As for hardware, Sega.
---
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
#12kyncaniPosted 8/11/2014 12:35:30 AM
If Nintendo gets a new console out, I definitely wouldn't trust them the slightest.
#13SoulTrapperPosted 8/11/2014 12:40:11 AM
They sold really well the first few months, so they had no clue it would start going down hill after that.

And releasing a new console so soon after already selling 2 or 3 million of them, would have made it so that the company a lot of people already didn't see in a very positive light, would have gotten into an even worse one.

On top of that, you can't just release a new console without extensive testing of the hardware, actually producing these millions of new consoles and getting consoles to developers so they know what they're actually developing for.

It wouldn't have worked anyway you look at it.
In a year or 3-4, this could happen, but not anytime soon.

People see no problem in paying $500 for a new phone every couple years, I don't think they'd be upset with a new (better) console every 4 years, either.
#14PulpPosted 8/11/2014 1:34:03 AM
Those "early adopters" represent over half of xbone sales (it sold well over the holidays and has tanked since)...

If MS did what you suggest (abandon the core support base) that would have killed the brand. I am sure if MS could do it over again, it would be a totally different console. But now MS is stuck with it.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#15mygoodluckcharmPosted 8/11/2014 2:40:28 AM
Early adopters are the most loyal fanbase. It would be a dumb and douche move to just abandon them. Anyway it's not really hardware specs that ruin M$. it's trust and it would ruin M$ reputations more if they really doing this.
#16quincy2000aPosted 8/11/2014 2:42:18 AM
Miiri0 posted...
Microsoft already screw early adopters with with very early price drop, kinectless sku...

Those still not enough?

I'm one of those Day Oners--and I feel totally screwed by what they did, basically because I didn't want the Kinect (still not plugged in).

The way Microsoft totally disregarded those of us who felt duped tells me they're not in the business of compensating customers after they screw them.
---
Microsoft Xbox One quote from May 2013 "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player."
#17SparkItUpPosted 8/11/2014 2:56:18 AM
quincy2000a posted...
Miiri0 posted...
Microsoft already screw early adopters with with very early price drop, kinectless sku...

Those still not enough?

I'm one of those Day Oners--and I feel totally screwed by what they did, basically because I didn't want the Kinect (still not plugged in).

The way Microsoft totally disregarded those of us who felt duped tells me they're not in the business of compensating customers after they screw them.

It's the risk you take as a Day One buyer.
#18CheIseaGrinPosted 8/11/2014 3:22:08 AM
the original vision is definitely lost because all the hate forced them to focus more on the games like the 360 and less on stupid s*** like the apps and tv features
---
3DS Friend Code - 2638-1750-4284
Xbox - LvL 94 Gyarados
#19kennyynnooPosted 8/11/2014 3:31:46 AM
It's selling well, it plays fine. No need to change anything.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#20Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/11/2014 3:42:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]