Why Does Sony Act Like Destiny is an Exclusive?

#51squidney2k1Posted 8/11/2014 3:34:15 PM
Because they have to have something to set it apart from the Xbox One version, so touting their timed-DLC deal is the only way.

Plus it's a Bungie game on a Sony platform....which they think matters a helluva lot more than it really does.
---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
>o_o\> AMENO >o_o\>
#52jon davisPosted 8/11/2014 4:02:59 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...
iamdanthaman posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
Same way that Microsoft acts like Call of Duty & TitanFall are exclusive to their consoles.

this^ I got titanfall on PC with better everything, yet MS still pretends it's Xbox exclusive.

inb4PCisntaconsole

Yes, and what OS does your computer run on, hmm? I can answer that for you, either Windows 7 or 8. So MS is getting their money either way.

You know you can play it on a Sony computer?

Yes, and what OS do Sony computers run?

Do you really think every PC on earth runs on Windows?
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#53Shadowfxd2Posted 8/11/2014 4:04:49 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
Same way that Microsoft acts like Call of Duty & TitanFall are exclusive to their consoles.

this^ I got titanfall on PC with better everything, yet MS still pretends it's Xbox exclusive.

inb4PCisntaconsole

Yes, and what OS does your computer run on, hmm? I can answer that for you, either Windows 7 or 8. So MS is getting their money either way.

It runs on linux using wine. Nothing Microsoft about my PC.
#54SparkItUpPosted 8/11/2014 4:10:45 PM
on another note, I find Otis Spunkmyer muffins to be delicious...especially the blueberry
#55Shinobi120Posted 8/11/2014 4:19:22 PM(edited)
iamdanthaman posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...

inb4PCisntaconsole

You can use something like linux. Bam.

SparkItUp posted...
On another note, I find Otis Spunkmyer muffins to be delicious...especially the blueberry.

I like their cookies, especially when they're warm & hot. :)
#56miethaPosted 8/11/2014 4:34:02 PM
squidney2k1 posted...
Because they have to have something to set it apart from the Xbox One version, so touting their timed-DLC deal is the only way.

Plus it's a Bungie game on a Sony platform....which they think matters a helluva lot more than it really does.

That last part there. That's pretty much the reason. Just like MS pumped up the Rare games after they bought them from Nintendo... Anyway, yeah, I don't even LIKE halo and i'm still more interested in the next halo than the borderlands/defiance rip off, oh, wait, I mean "destiny".
#57MVNeoPosted 8/11/2014 4:41:27 PM

Because it's all they have.
---
http://raptr.com/UNSCleric/about - http://www.last.fm/user/UNSCleric
http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbl/user/UNSCleric/
#58OMGWYATTPosted 8/11/2014 4:53:26 PM
CSjogs posted...
dnmt posted...
CSjogs posted...
I don't remember a non-exclusive game being treated like this for a long time.

*cough* Titanfall *cough*

Titanfall was at least only on Microsoft consoles and the PC. Destiny is on both consoles. Not really apples to apples.

neither game is an exclusive was his point, it is apples to apples.
---
3DS FC: 1263-6701-6748
XBL/PSN: Riotsquad18
#59OMGWYATTPosted 8/11/2014 4:54:57 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...

inb4PCisntaconsole

What if it's a Sony computer using Linux? I guess that makes it a Sony game too right?

Good lord some people are dense.
---
3DS FC: 1263-6701-6748
XBL/PSN: Riotsquad18
#60Shinobi120Posted 8/11/2014 5:14:10 PM
MVNeo posted...

Because it's all they have.

Oh sure, let's pretend that all of the other exclusives that PS4 has doesn't exist.