Just bought an XB1 & Forza 5

#1NeonYoshi11Posted 8/11/2014 3:03:58 PM
Just bought a Xb1 & Forza 5. Updating Forza right now, I guess there is a 14GB update, but it's going decently fast.

So far, I'm liking the controller and everything about it. It seems similar to the 360 I had in terms of the UI but with more options.

* Wasn't going to get one for a while but I really want to play Forza 5, Horizon2, COD, Halo, AC:Unity,Destiny, & I can't on my Wii U + the new controllers is awesome.

So yea there are still people out there buying XB1's. To be honest, I'm not really sure why I waited so long. I loved the 360 and it's all I gamed on from 2007-2013, but I wasn't crazy about the $500 Kinect bundle.

* The Price drop really made it appealing again, because everything else is already good.

The fact that PS4 is more powerful and many games will look better, doesn't really bother me at all.

I spent last gen NOT gaming in HD. That is right, I played all last gen with "jaggies", but I loved it. I had tons of fun with games, so the small upgrade PS4 gets doesn't really do it for me.

* It came down to what games I wanted to play more, and for exclusives, I really like Halo & the Forza series, & I can't play those on PS4.

The games PS4 gets, while they look good, don't interest me as much as Halo & Forza do.

* All the other games I want besides those are multiplats so that isn't even an issue either.

Traded in some games at gamestop and you get + 40% if you trade towards Destiny, so I pre-ordered that at COD:AW as well.

While I love my Wii U, it's basically just going to be my Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, Zelda, Captain Toad machine, but I'm cool with that.

Technically XB1 is my "2nd" consoles, lol, but it's going to be my mine for sure.

What games are free right now for XBlive ? Do I get to keep them as long as I keep XBL ?

* Any other game recommendations ?

- I was looking at Plants vs Zombies, but I might wait for a price drop on that or a sale. It looks fun, but I heard there isn't a ton of content.

* How is the online in Forza 5 ?
#2RuinerEraserPosted 8/11/2014 3:07:12 PM
PVZ is awesome. I highly suggest it. Welcome to the club! It's a fantastic console.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#3ave1Posted 8/11/2014 3:09:15 PM
Online on Forza 5 is all good :). You might wanna check out NFS Rivals if you like arcade racing. It's a fun time.
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#4matt-nicklinPosted 8/11/2014 3:09:21 PM
Forza online is incredibly frustrating, you can find a game easily but have to wait everyone to finish which takes forever and then when you get in a race, you get rammed at every chance they have. also it gets boring doing single player after awhile.

However I'm sticking with it to try and get a couple more achievements, I mean there is 99.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3827-3643 (Pansear, Larvesta, Braixen)
IGN - Matthew. PM if adding me
#5chaz15425_basicPosted 8/11/2014 3:23:06 PM
Congrats on your purchase. I recommend pvz, dead rising 3, and battlefield 4. If your a fan of EA's games then you might want to consider signing up for EA access.
#6NeonYoshi11(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 3:26:35 PM
Sounds good. Yea I expect a lot of bumper cars online but it's kind of fun avoiding that and surviving, it ends up making me a more cautious and aware driver.

Or it did with Forza 3 at least.

How many game modes does PvZ have ? Is it just TDM or Capture the flag or what? I'll have to look up some more info on it.

I really want a FPS, but I don't want to get burnt out on them with Destiny, COD & Halo on the way.
#7JeffPainter1976Posted 8/11/2014 3:31:46 PM
Forza 5 is HANDS DOWN the best game on the console. I own every retail game on the console, (except the dance games, Fighter, FIFA, and NBA Live), and honestly, I'm dying for Diablo 3 and Madden right now.

Other "must buys", in my opinion, are Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, and maybe Lego Marvel Super Heroes.
#8duericPosted 8/11/2014 3:32:10 PM
If you're considering PvZ I assume you maybe like online multiplayer?

You can't go wrong with Titanfall.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#9DavieSnakesPosted 8/11/2014 3:47:09 PM
Hope you enjoy your purchase as much as I have been!

To add to previous suggestions: trials fusion is pretty decent fun for a quick blast, download gopro app (everyone should, some great videos there!) Lastly, maybe a controversial opinion, but if you plan on getting really into Forza buy the VIP pass, you get 11 cars, including lotus F1 car and a sweet Mazda pro racer. Car pass gives you 90 but that's waaaay too many free cars and would ruin desire to progress imo.

Most importantly vip gives you double money each level up so the earlier level you buy, the more you get from it (and it takes ages to build up cash if you plan a decent sized collection), you also get access to VIP rival challenges. Also log into Forza rewards site for monthly cash gifts.
---
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
#10kennyynnooPosted 8/11/2014 3:48:57 PM
We need a sticky but advice....
Close out apps/menu items you don't need and quit running games. To do this from the dash screen go through each item you've opened and hit the old start button position and find the quit option if it's there.

If games are giving you trouble or not openning hold the power button to shut it off 10 seconds. It resets the cache, resolves the issues almost always.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.