32 Games Released in 2014 So Far...

#1RoyalEclipseKingPosted 8/11/2014 9:27:43 PM
There's been 32 games released for the Xbox One in 2014, 16 retail and 16 digital games that would be deemed "XBLA."

Without giving my own judgment, what do you think of this list? Will any of these titles be memorable?

Rayman Legends - on 360
Tomb Raider - on 360
Titanfall - on 360
Wolfenstein - on 360
Watch Dogs - on 360
Plants vs Zombies - on 360
Metal Gear Solid V: GZ - on 360
EA Sports UFC
Thief - on 360
The LEGO Movie - on 360
LEGO The Hobbit - on 360
Sniper Elite - on 360
Kinect Rivals
Transformers - on 360
Murder Soul Suspect - on 360
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - on 360

Guacamelee: STCE
Child of Light
Super Time Force
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
Trials Fusion
Outlast
Strider
1001 Spikes
Worms Battlegrounds
Another World
Contrast
Strike Suit Zero
Zombie Driver: Ultimate Edition
Sixty Second Shooter Prime
Nutjitsu
RBI Baseball 14
---
Shenmue III, where art thou?
#2InninXIPosted 8/11/2014 9:30:16 PM
Looks to me like you're a sony pony
---
PSN: YoninXI 3DS FC:1161-1061-8447 GT: Andr0idXI
Forever Fat Princess
#3RoyalEclipseKing(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 10:15:47 PM
I don't have a PS4, nor do I want one. Meanwhile, ATM I'm playing Guacamelee on the Xbox One, climbing the Tule Tree to collect the 3rd orb while trying to advance my 100k GS (GT: Jules Vincent13). Try again my beautiful brony :P
---
#4uniquebadgerPosted 8/11/2014 10:45:10 PM
For me most are very "Meh" games.
Out of the year i have purchased Thief when it was $30 but never beat it as i got bored, and Titanfall which i still play on and off. Other then that i have mostly been playing minecraft on my 360 to pass time.

I think fall will be better with Halo:MCC, CoD which may be decent, Shadows of Mordor, and Dragon Age:Inquisition. I'm definitely passing on Sunset Overdrive as i don't think it looks that great, and the rest of the games this year are very lackluster i think. I might pick up Diablo since i heard it is better on console then the s#$t show it was on PC with the RMAH.
#5leelee3105Posted 8/11/2014 10:55:06 PM
RoyalEclipseKing posted...
I don't have a PS4, nor do I want one. Meanwhile, ATM I'm playing Guacamelee on the Xbox One, climbing the Tule Tree to collect the 3rd orb while trying to advance my 100k GS (GT: Jules Vincent13). Try again my beautiful brony :P

in all fairness if youve spent more than 30 seconds on this board you know where he is coming from. still not nice to assume though!
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online>>resolution
#6VoidBeyondPosted 8/11/2014 11:07:28 PM
Rayman is, in my opinion, the best game on that list. Also, it does seem like a pretty good list but nothing too memorable. Maybe Child of Light (and Rayman)

leelee3105 posted...
RoyalEclipseKing posted...

in all fairness if youve spent more than 30 seconds on this board you know where he is coming from. still not nice to assume though!

I'd understand that if the TCs post had something to do with Sony in it, but it didn't so it was probably just InninXI trying to mock the board regulars.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#7Homie_202Posted 8/11/2014 11:10:21 PM
I think this has been the worst year in gaming in a long time. There isn't even a ton of great stuff coming either. There is good stuff but nothing amazing. The best game that has came out this year is dark souls 2 and it's a last gen game. But it's hands down the most fun I have had with a game this year.
#8DreadmasterXDPosted 8/11/2014 11:15:48 PM
Homie_202 posted...
I think this has been the worst year in gaming in a long time. There isn't even a ton of great stuff coming either. There is good stuff but nothing amazing. The best game that has came out this year is dark souls 2 and it's a last gen game. But it's hands down the most fun I have had with a game this year.

I can agree with this, last year kinda sucked too.
---
PSN: PhD_Chemikill || XBL: PhD Chemikill
Official Manus Catalyst of the Dark Souls Board
#9RoyalEclipseKing(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2014 3:48:57 AM
NP, I know what you guys go through on here lol.

It seems there's just a general loss of enthusiasm. In comparison, the boards were much more active when the 360/ps3/wii launched. Not only were the blockbusters loaded with posters, but the lesser known games were quite active as well. Another comparison, just about all the latest releases would have 10+ reviews on aggregated sites within a day or 2. Now, most of these games don't have enough reviews to rollover the 10 mark. Even Call of Duty Ghosts goes for less than $20 on Amazon all the time. The original Modern Warfare and it's sequels didn't fall below that price until many years after their initial release.

I know those examples aren't enough to judge success, but take a look around, don't you think this next gen feels a bit too desolate?
---
#10ascendedcobraPosted 8/12/2014 3:51:45 AM
You know nothing ground breaking has come out this year but I've played a lot of great games. It's been like a UFC that didn't have a great or exciting card with big names but nevertheless was entertaining.