I was planning to buy a white Xbox One this holiday....

#1EternalNetherPosted 8/12/2014 6:49:44 AM
But with this recent Tomb Raider announcement I think I've changed my mind. I'd explain it in my own words, but this IGN comment sums it up pretty well:

"I was one of the few who didn't mind having console exclusive missions and things added to games. I understand that this is a way to get both funding for the game and extra console orders. However I draw the line at existing franchises suddenly becoming exclusive. Tomb Raider is a fantastic game and is one of my all-time favourites, but now I'm being held to ransom to buy a console I'm not sure I want just to play the next in the franchise.

Games companies need to realise that while exclusivity is fine, there's a point where it just feels like you have a gun to your head. This is what it feels like. If Microsoft wants to sell Xbox One consoles the last thing they want is to sell them by creating a feeling of unease, stress and betrayal, because even once you have the console that feeling will remain. Whereas if you create a want for the console because of what you offer rather than what you hold back you create customers that will keep coming back for more."
---
Steam ID/PSN ID: Solirus, NNID: JCVeros
Currently Playing:Last of Us: Remastered (PS4)
#2billsfanno1Posted 8/12/2014 6:51:34 AM
Oh well, I guess you can't get a PS4, WiiU or PC either. That's okay, there's life after gaming ... probably much healthier too.
#3warz0r09Posted 8/12/2014 6:51:34 AM
I swear gaming has gotten worst because of fanboys.

X1 isn't a bad console, its just fanboys on here that make it worst.
#4kennyynnooPosted 8/12/2014 6:51:45 AM
Ok don't, bye.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#5MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/12/2014 6:52:03 AM
Your teArs are so salty sweet, TC. My blood pressure is rising! Just like tomb raider is rising in my interest meter! Just like RISE of the Tomb Raider!

You cry and have nightmares as I dream of Masterchief and Lara croft getting it on!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#6warz0r09Posted 8/12/2014 6:52:04 AM
Yeah I agree with billsfanno1 then why do you game? Every company does this.
#7Juzten76Posted 8/12/2014 6:53:11 AM
EternalNether posted...
But with this recent Tomb Raider announcement I think I've changed my mind. I'd explain it in my own words, but this IGN comment sums it up pretty well:

"I was one of the few who didn't mind having console exclusive missions and things added to games. I understand that this is a way to get both funding for the game and extra console orders. However I draw the line at existing franchises suddenly becoming exclusive. Tomb Raider is a fantastic game and is one of my all-time favourites, but now I'm being held to ransom to buy a console I'm not sure I want just to play the next in the franchise.

Games companies need to realise that while exclusivity is fine, there's a point where it just feels like you have a gun to your head. This is what it feels like. If Microsoft wants to sell Xbox One consoles the last thing they want is to sell them by creating a feeling of unease, stress and betrayal, because even once you have the console that feeling will remain. Whereas if you create a want for the console because of what you offer rather than what you hold back you create customers that will keep coming back for more."

So dramatic. smh
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#8Riverraider98Posted 8/12/2014 6:53:16 AM
lol @ this entire topic, like really... xbox got an exclusive end of the world apparently. Plz if it was the other way around it would be the beginning of the end of xbox. Spare us
---
- "Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed Squaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! Gt: RagnaRok RS 8
#9warz0r09Posted 8/12/2014 6:54:50 AM(edited)
So why did you buy a PS4 then? You can say the same thing about Bloodbourne.

I think your just butthurt its coming to xbox one exclusively. If it was coming to PS4 exclusively everyone be praising it because its not coming to MS and I doubt you would say this.

Just a sony hypocrite troll, move along.
#10LapanuiPosted 8/12/2014 6:54:18 AM
So what about Final Fantasy? It was a Nintendo exclusive, then it moved to the Playstation...
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1